Sponsored by:

iPod Installation in C5 Using iSimple PXDP and PXHGM4

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 01:15 PM
RBS-C5
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Default iPod Installation in C5 Using iSimple PXDP and PXHGM4

The iSimple PXDP makes an iPod look like the optional CD Changer that was available as an option on the C5. This allows you to play music on the iPod through the factory Bose radio. I liked this means of using an iPod better than the "transmit iPod music over an FM channel" approach. If you already have the CD Changer you will have to disconnect it in order to use the PXDP with your iPod.

I ordered the PXDP and PXHGM4 from Dennis at doubledmods.com for $89.99. The PXDP is a white plastic electronics interface box and the PXHGM4 is a cable harness that connects the Bose radio to the PXDP. The iPod connects to the PXDP via a long black cable that plugs into the docking port on the iPod.

I bought an iPod Nano (6th generation) with 16GB of flash memory. All the PXDP documentation I found only mentioned the PXDP working with iPod Nanos up to 4th generation, but a call to iSimple tech support (866-788-4237) verified that the PXDP does work with the 6th generation iPod Nano (as long as you get the black 5v cable that connects the PXDP to the iPod - that’s what came with my order from doubledmods.com).

Detailed instructions based upon my installation experience are available here.

Last edited by RBS-C5; 08-12-2014 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Fix link
Old 06-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Very nice ! Great detail !

Love the pics too..

Toque

Quick Reply: iPod Installation in C5 Using iSimple PXDP and PXHGM4