Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would DMH low profiles fit here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 11:43 PM
johnsos30
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Would DMH low profiles fit here?

http://www.dmhperformance.com/pic.JPG
I want cutouts and the round ones obviously fit here. Would dmh low profiles fit in the same location? I understand it's on the 90 degree bend prior to the muffler and the low profiles are oval shaped making it harder to fit properly on bends.

If you have low profiles and haven't installed them can you see if they would fit before I waste my money?
Old 05-13-2011, 11:51 PM
ZFLASH
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14, '16

Never seen them mounted there, mine are underneath. L8R ZFLASH
Old 05-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,345 Likes on 14,002 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I've never seen them mounted there until that pic. Not sure if the low profile ones would work there or not.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:43 PM
ALLEGRO
Le Mans Master

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

Not really sure why you would want to mount them there. They would be an eye-sore there.

My "low profile" are in the normal positions.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:55 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by johnsos30
http://www.dmhperformance.com/pic.JPG
I want cutouts and the round ones obviously fit here. Would dmh low profiles fit in the same location? I understand it's on the 90 degree bend prior to the muffler and the low profiles are oval shaped making it harder to fit properly on bends.

If you have low profiles and haven't installed them can you see if they would fit before I waste my money?
I sent a email to Dave at DMH to ask him for you

Just an FYI
there is a 2-3 week lead time on these right now as Dave can not make them fast enough for everyone

Last edited by Double D Mods; 05-14-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:26 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure if they'd fit there, but they're longer I believe. I can't really tell from the pic how much room is left, but I'm going to say I doubt it. I assume you're doing this for an on/off switch for sound, rather than performance, right?
Old 05-15-2011, 08:55 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

YES! I have seen them done on the down side of the pipes -

I'd suggest the LOW Profile ones almost square or more like rectangle

Thanks,Matt
Old 05-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Lowcash
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my QTP's mounted in that location. Well actually they are more forward and higher, just over the rear axle.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:09 PM
johnsos30
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by c5 BearsFan
I sent a email to Dave at DMH to ask him for you

Just an FYI
there is a 2-3 week lead time on these right now as Dave can not make them fast enough for everyone
Thanks for sending that email to Dave. I can't believe I'm the only person to ever inquire about putting the low profiles in this location so it's not shooting right under the car possible heating up the tranny or rear spring. Thanks and let me know if you get a reply from Dave.

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Not sure if they'd fit there, but they're longer I believe. I can't really tell from the pic how much room is left, but I'm going to say I doubt it. I assume you're doing this for an on/off switch for sound, rather than performance, right?

Yes, going for the sound rather than performance.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:17 PM
johnsos30
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ALLEGRO
Not really sure why you would want to mount them there. They would be an eye-sore there.

My "low profile" are in the normal positions.

I want them out the back so I don't heat the rear spring or the tranny too much.

The link to the picture shows the cutouts shooting pretty low. From a few people that have sent me personal messages said they've seen this before as well, but can't see the cutouts because the car is so low and the cutouts are pointing even lower.

Do you have problems with the low profiles heating the tranny too much or concerned about the rear spring heating up too much? How much drone or interior noise do you get when they're open. I want my car loud outside, not inside and am concerned about putting them under the car for this reason.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2011, 12:25 PM
BLKS2K
Advanced

I say yes, I just got mine installed in that same location. The exhaust shop will have to do some adjustments to the flange because of the 90 degree bend. But easily done.

The cutouts will not be visible when standing behind the vett, but if you get down on your knees you can see them. Which is helpful when you want to see them in action.

Since they are tucked in right behind the axle and sway bar it keeps them well protected. I had concerns about other locations because mine is lowered.

I love them, I play with them just about every time i drive.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:49 PM
johnsos30
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BLKS2K
I say yes, I just got mine installed in that same location. The exhaust shop will have to do some adjustments to the flange because of the 90 degree bend. But easily done.

The cutouts will not be visible when standing behind the vett, but if you get down on your knees you can see them. Which is helpful when you want to see them in action.

Since they are tucked in right behind the axle and sway bar it keeps them well protected. I had concerns about other locations because mine is lowered.

I love them, I play with them just about every time i drive.

This is EXACTLY what I want to do. Thank you for posting the picture of your car. I'll be ordering my cutouts tomorrow now. I've been wanting these for a while, but never knew if they would fit until now.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:54 PM
BLKS2K
Advanced

Great, you will enjoy them.

I put my switch right next to the traction control button. pretty easy to wire up, I jumped into the cigarette fuses in the passenger foot well and grounded it to a bolt near there. The wires went through the area by the e-break and and through the center conceal to the fuse box and the switch.

Let me know if you need any help.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:13 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

We install and sell quite a bit of the DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut outs and ALL out customers LOVE them! Here's how we installed them

Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Get notified of new replies

To Would DMH low profiles fit here?

Quick Reply: Would DMH low profiles fit here?