Prodago
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks!
Old 02-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Prodago
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i finally realized that the charger was fine, but that both cig. plugs were not a constant hot. (this is for the viper). Apparently these chargers will not start an output voltage unless that sense a load. So i put and adapter with clamps and have it coming from the hood
also I found that the only plug that stays hot for the vette is the one in the back on right side.

Why didn't GM design an exterior port?? so to keep car on trickle charge you have to crack your hatchback??
Old 09-23-2014, 06:11 PM
MStateFan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ctek

Ordered mine today. Got confirmation email saying they already shipped. Great service.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:07 PM
frsr06
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

CTEK 3300 vs. 7002 - which one is better for a Corvette and why?
Old 10-05-2014, 07:59 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by MStateFan
Ordered mine today. Got confirmation email saying they already shipped. Great service.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:46 PM
R2R
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question about the 'ctek' discount code. When I applied the code I received a note that the code was valid but could not be applied and I was to read the note that someone thinks I got with the code.

Are there restrictions which I need to be made aware?
Old 10-05-2014, 10:03 PM
qipman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are outstanding chargers, and recently they came out with an extension cable. I have had mine for three trouble-free years.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:09 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by qipman
These are outstanding chargers, and recently they came out with an extension cable. I have had mine for three trouble-free years.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:12 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by R2R
Question about the 'ctek' discount code. When I applied the code I received a note that the code was valid but could not be applied and I was to read the note that someone thinks I got with the code.

Are there restrictions which I need to be made aware?
No, there's no restrictions that I can think of. If the website's giving you a hard time, feel free to give me a call at 770-919-1433 and I'll make it happen for you.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 10-31-2014, 02:29 AM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by frsr06
CTEK 3300 vs. 7002 - which one is better for a Corvette and why?
Either charger will work for the Corvette. I would just use the Ctek 3300. The 7002 has more settings that you don't really need such as powering a golf cart battery.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:12 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by laurent_zo6
Either charger will work for the Corvette. I would just use the Ctek 3300. The 7002 has more settings that you don't really need such as powering a golf cart battery.
Agreed.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:50 PM
ironranger
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the CTEK 3300 with the cigarette lighter adapter and just want to confirm that I'm plugging & unplugging it in the right sequence.
When I plug in I'm plugging in the cigarette lighter adapter 1st and then plugging into the wall socket.
When disconnecting I'm unplugging from the cigarette lighter adapter 1st and than unplugging from the wall socket.
In summary I always to the wall socket last. Is this correct or not or does it matter?
Old 05-20-2015, 08:50 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by ironranger
I have the CTEK 3300 with the cigarette lighter adapter and just want to confirm that I'm plugging & unplugging it in the right sequence.
When I plug in I'm plugging in the cigarette lighter adapter 1st and then plugging into the wall socket.
When disconnecting I'm unplugging from the cigarette lighter adapter 1st and than unplugging from the wall socket.
In summary I always to the wall socket last. Is this correct or not or does it matter?
That sounds correct to me.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:56 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

The CTEK Battery Charger is the smartest battery charger on the market, period.....Included as an OEM component on many high end cars, it simply cannot be beat when you compare features/price to other chargers on the market. It is outdoor certified, small enough to mount anywhere on your car, dust proof, shock proof, spark proof, and get this-->reverse polarity protected (smart enough to know if you have the red and black wires reversed

The CTEK is one of the few battery chargers you can leave connected to your battery while it is connected to the car without risk of damaging your vehicles computer. You can leave it connected for months and months without worry of damaging your battery as it is constantly conditioning your battery instead of just keeping it charged.

We have sold hundreds of the CTEK brand chargers for the last few years and have been able to negotiate a great price for an awesome charger.

Check it out at the link below....in stock and ready to ship! Trust me, no other charger on the market even comes close to this one and our price is hard to beat. Lots more information and informative video at the link below.

Note: Use coupon code "ctek" during checkout for additional discounts.

CTEK Battery Charger

Old 07-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Bills03Coupe
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Ctek Multi 3300 question?

I've been float charging my Optima Red Top 75/35 with my CTEK 3300
for 2 1/2 years with good results. My 2003 C5 will sit for long periods, and needs the maintaining feature of the CTEK. Normally the green Full charge light comes on when the battery is at full charge, and stays that way until I disconnect it. Today the "charging process " is blinking intermittently, while the Green Charge complete light in on and the Orange AGM symbol is lit. The car starts and drives normally, so I'm not sure what this blinking "charging process" light indicates.
Any insight on what's causing this? The battery reads 12.65 volts when
I check the voltage before starting and nearly 14 volts when running.
I connect the CTEK leads directly to the top posts when charging.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-25-2015, 08:05 PM
c6miller
Drifting

Received 167 Likes on 117 Posts

Week before last I had one plugged in my 2003 while I was away and another on the Harley. A storm came and tripped the gfci switch in the garage. Both Cteks are toast and the vet now has a fried ebcm per the codes.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:54 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

The CTEK Battery Charger is the smartest battery charger on the market, period.....Included as an OEM component on many high end cars, it simply cannot be beat when you compare features/price to other chargers on the market. It is outdoor certified, small enough to mount anywhere on your car, dust proof, shock proof, spark proof, and get this-->reverse polarity protected (smart enough to know if you have the red and black wires reversed

The CTEK is one of the few battery chargers you can leave connected to your battery while it is connected to the car without risk of damaging your vehicles computer. You can leave it connected for months and months without worry of damaging your battery as it is constantly conditioning your battery instead of just keeping it charged.

We have sold hundreds of the CTEK brand chargers for the last few years and have been able to negotiate a great price for an awesome charger.

Check it out at the link below....in stock and ready to ship! Trust me, no other charger on the market even comes close to this one and our price is hard to beat. Lots more information and informative video at the link below.

Note: Use coupon code "ctek" during checkout for additional discounts.

CTEK Battery Charger

Get notified of new replies

To CTEK Battery Chargers

Old 09-19-2015, 10:05 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by c6miller
Week before last I had one plugged in my 2003 while I was away and another on the Harley. A storm came and tripped the gfci switch in the garage. Both Cteks are toast and the vet now has a fried ebcm per the codes.
Would this have happened with any trickle charger or is there a design element in the Ctek charger that caused your ebcm to fail? Would plugging the trickle chargers into a standard surge protector help prevent this from happening? I have a 10+ year-old Battery Tender that I'm looking to replace.

Last edited by MSG C5; 09-19-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:37 PM
c6miller
Drifting

Received 167 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by MSG C5
Would this have happened with any trickle charger or is there a design element in the Ctek charger that caused your ebcm to fail? Would plugging the trickle chargers into a standard surge protector help prevent this from happening? I have a 10+ year-old Battery Tender that I'm looking to replace.
Considering that both CTEK chargers were fried at the same time and there were no other electrical issues with the house or garage, I'd have to believe that there was an issue with those chargers. CTEK did replace them both, now I have to get them to pay for the damage to replace my ebcm. I have not yet looked to see if their product information mentions anything about using a surge protector, but they did tell me in an email that it was ok to do so. Since there is a reasonable expectation that a trickle charger would be used for an extended period of time when storing a vehicle, you should be able to rely that your car will be safe from electrical damage while charging.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:33 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by c6miller
Considering that both CTEK chargers were fried at the same time and there were no other electrical issues with the house or garage, I'd have to believe that there was an issue with those chargers. CTEK did replace them both, now I have to get them to pay for the damage to replace my ebcm. I have not yet looked to see if their product information mentions anything about using a surge protector, but they did tell me in an email that it was ok to do so. Since there is a reasonable expectation that a trickle charger would be used for an extended period of time when storing a vehicle, you should be able to rely that your car will be safe from electrical damage while charging.
Yep. You would think that the same components used to prevent over-charging of the battery would have also come into play to prevent any type of electrical surge that would have fried the EBCM. I can understand the units themselves being fried, however it should have prevented the surge from continuing into the car electronics.

Quick Reply: CTEK Battery Chargers