New Shifter Question... Not Playing Nice

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Priorities
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Shifter Question... Not Playing Nice

Hi folks,
I have a 2001 with almost 80k on the clock and part of my winter mods was the C6 shifter. I have change rear diff and tranny fluids along with the C6 shifter up-grade. The issue I am having is, it was hard going to reverse and hard finding 1st. The only driving I have done since the new stuff is in and out of the garage (waiting for alignment), it has now gotten to the point that reverse is no longer abtainable and I think the same thing is going on with 1st. There is no grinding going on just unable to get to the gear I want. Any ideas? Is there something needing ajustment? Seemed like the shifter replacement was straight forward. Thank you for your ideas and time. One more thing... I also put in the shifter by-pass (skip shift). Thanks again!

Dan
Old 02-19-2011, 03:22 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I would pull it out again and check to see if the bushing fell out, then I would bolt on the old shifter and try it.

I think your problem is going to be the bushing if not the short shifter isn't giving you enough leverage.

The taller c5 shifter has more leverage because of the height IMHO
Old 02-19-2011, 04:24 PM
pjbracing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like the shifter housing may have moved and was tightened down out of position. There is some play forward and rearward. I think in your case it is too far forward. Search this forum for proper shifter alignment.

Get notified of new replies

To New Shifter Question... Not Playing Nice

Quick Reply: New Shifter Question... Not Playing Nice