Sponsored by:

Ordered a new key, but...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Bullet Proof
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
The cut is not his problem, the cut was fine. The PASS pellet was the wrong value.
I understand that....what I was getting at is they wanted to make sure they worked before I paid for them. If they didnt work there would be no charge. go local and get someone who understands good business practices.

note to self.. don't do business with ecklers
Old 01-22-2011, 03:11 PM
jbondfl
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Vette Gator 01
To Eklers:
I recently ordered a Vats# 7 key for my 2001 Corvette (order #109edit21). The key came in a bag that says it is a #7 and I had the key cut without checking the ohms on it. Well the key will open the doors but will not start the car, so I checked the ohms on the new key and the ohms read to be just over 2, which would make it a Vats #8 key. Can I send this key back even though it had been cut and get an actual Vats # 7 key sent?

From Eklers:
Hello,
I am sorry to say that we won't be able to take these back since it has been cut. We wouldn't be able to put back on shelf. Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

Atleast it was a fast response..
To Ecklers:
Thank you for your total lack of customer service and sympathy for my situation. Had I known you expected all your key purchasers to be electronics experts and able to check the ohm value BEFORE having the key cut I would understand your position. After all, it certainly isn't YOUR respsonsibilty to send me what I actually asked for.
Thank you for straightening me out.......
Old 01-22-2011, 03:26 PM
2KFRC5
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not paranoid! I am not paranoid! I am not paranoid!

I would not return a cut key to anyone or any company without first grinding away the cut. Think about it.............someone has your name, address, knows you have a car with a key that requires a certain value resistor, and now would have a key cut for your car.

Would they need anything else?
Old 01-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by 2KFRC5
I am not paranoid! I am not paranoid! I am not paranoid!

I would not return a cut key to anyone or any company without first grinding away the cut. Think about it.............someone has your name, address, knows you have a car with a key that requires a certain value resistor, and now would have a key cut for your car.

Would they need anything else?
You sound way PARANOID to me. lol
Old 01-22-2011, 06:03 PM
bighank
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Some prices at Ecklers are more expensive than the GM Stealership LIST PRICE

Have purchased VATS and PATS keys on fleebay at the lowest price.
Have never had a wrong part shipped to me. On one occasion the key got LOST IN THE MAIL. The vendor quickly replaced it and sent me another. Deal with someone who does't make excuses for theit errors.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:15 PM
seoulbrooks
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To Ecklers:
Thank you for your total lack of customer service and sympathy for my situation. Had I known you expected all your key purchasers to be electronics experts and able to check the ohm value BEFORE having the key cut I would understand your position. After all, it certainly isn't YOUR respsonsibilty to send me what I actually asked for.
Thank you for straightening me out.......

GREAT RESPONSE......

No more Ecklers!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Anomir
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wrong response from Ecklers. They need to step up. You shipped the wrong key, customer understandably assumed you shipped correctly and had the key cut.

The error is 100% on Ecklers, although I do have to say I would probably always check my resistance before having a key cut so it does not happen to me. *edit* after reading this thread I would check the value, before this I would have never thought to check the resistance first. Just to clarify.

Really disappointing that Ecklers would act that way though.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:30 PM
c5arlen
Melting Slicks

Received 825 Likes on 593 Posts

I'm not a electrical type... What's the procedure for checking resistance of a replacement key?
Old 10-12-2017, 02:40 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by c5arlen
I'm not a electrical type... What's the procedure for checking resistance of a replacement key?
Ohm meter across both wires on sides of key.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:44 PM
c5arlen
Melting Slicks

Received 825 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by Anomir
Wrong response from Ecklers. They need to step up. You shipped the wrong key, customer understandably assumed you shipped correctly and had the key cut.

The error is 100% on Ecklers, although I do have to say I would probably always check my resistance before having a key cut so it does not happen to me. *edit* after reading this thread I would check the value, before this I would have never thought to check the resistance first. Just to clarify.

Really disappointing that Ecklers would act that way though.
Well Ecklers lost me as a friend and customer.... I'm not a electrical type so what's the procedure for checking resistance first?....and what am I looking for as a value?
Old 10-19-2017, 01:40 PM
bc6152
Drifting

Received 450 Likes on 272 Posts

I've had similar experiences at Eckler's and don't deal with them. Customer service stinks and their shipping charges are off the chart. Too many others to choose from w/o issues...

Quick Reply: Ordered a new key, but...