Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 steering wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 01:15 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts

What, airbag version does Sparco/Momo make?
I understand what you are saying BUT, I guess you don't own a 'back in the day' muscle car, or any pre 'bag' era vehicle.

Originally Posted by Jesse Asis
If you do modify, get the air bag version. Don't loose that safety issue just for a better steering wheel. Air bags saves lives, take my word, seen way to many accidents in the last 20 years in Law Enforcement to not have that system. Plus with a vette, you may push her once in a while, I think it is one safety item that should stay with the vette. Good luck in your quest.. (If I could only show you what a none-airbag wheel does to a body on a head on, you would never remove that air bag, ever...)
Old 10-17-2010, 10:14 AM
chris holmes
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JETZ
What, airbag version does Sparco/Momo make?
I understand what you are saying BUT, I guess you don't own a 'back in the day' muscle car, or any pre 'bag' era vehicle.
There are no airbag options if you want a Sparco/Momo wheel. I nearly went with a Caravaggio wheel, but it's still 'huge' compared to the Sparco. The Caravaggio D type wheel for the C6Z06 looks awesome, but it's never gonna work with a C5. Love the Sparco wheel. Makes the car feel like a proper sports car, and not a school bus.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:53 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts

I knowd dat! ONLY the 'Raid' has a bag.

I have the Caravaggio too. Just saying that there are lots of collector cars out there without bags that are driven 'briskly', and no one freaks out. On the other hand. I would not take the bag out of a newer car!

Originally Posted by chris holmes
There are no airbag options if you want a Sparco/Momo wheel. I nearly went with a Caravaggio wheel, but it's still 'huge' compared to the Sparco. The Caravaggio D type wheel for the C6Z06 looks awesome, but it's never gonna work with a C5. Love the Sparco wheel. Makes the car feel like a proper sports car, and not a school bus.

Quick Reply: C5 steering wheel question