Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] How to lower my c-5 co6????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 07:50 PM
joshlyonsz06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=MTPZ06;1575503824]Judging by the flared fenders, you're running widened rear stock rims??[

I dont think those fender flares look right.The tires are to big.So are the flares.It kind of reminds me of like a? Reckneck old school z28 or something with like mud flap tires on the back...Or a funny car with those marshmallow wheels on it..... rockn out banging a maullet!! late
Old 10-02-2010, 08:18 PM
BLKOHZ06
Racer

This is a good thread for cheap intertainment. Hey and I use to own a few of those redneck cars back in the day . Never had a mullet though, very important for me to point that out. Some of you are to serious on here. Hey its the internet man or should I say Bro.

Last edited by BLKOHZ06; 10-03-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:27 PM
RC45
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by joshlyonsz06
Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Judging by the flared fenders, you're running widened rear stock rims??
I dont think those fender flares look right.The tires are to big.So are the flares.It kind of reminds me of like a? Reckneck old school z28 or something with like mud flap tires on the back...Or a funny car with those marshmallow wheels on it..... rockn out banging a maullet!! late
I dent thunk ure anglush luuks rite eever.

That would be mullet, and the "too big" 335/30/18's out back and 305/30/18's in front are needed to tame the close to 600rwhp the car puts down.

MPTZ06, on the street I run 12"x18" House of Wheels reproduciton rear wheels and stock C5 Z06 10.5"x18" in front. On the road course I run stock C5 Z05 rears in the front and CCW Classic 12"x18"'s out back.

josh, this is what the car looks like, sounds like and goes like - so if thats redneck Z28 I guess I love me some Redneck Z28.

BTW, for what its worth, some of us that have been around and weekend tinkering with minimal budgets on the C5 Z06 for near on a decade now are just trying to offer you a little different perspective and advice.

My first bit of advice (which is free so take if at face value) is try communicate in english, it sort of elevates the exchange above gutter-trash to semi-human and solicits better information, second bit is don't slam your car on the stock suspension and miss out on learning to use/drive/enjoy its full potential before saving up and then switching to some bargain (under $2000) coil over shocks that will give you best of all worlds.

Last edited by RC45; 10-02-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:38 AM
BLKOHZ06
Racer

I just watched your track video above . That track has a lot of turn and not many straight aways. Looks like a good time. . Softer tires and coil overs are my next upgrade. Nice set up you have.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:21 PM
joshlyonsz06
Advanced

Originally Posted by RC45
I dent thunk ure anglush luuks rite eever.

That would be mullet, and the "too big" 335/30/18's out back and 305/30/18's in front are needed to tame the close to 600rwhp the car puts down.

MPTZ06, on the street I run 12"x18" House of Wheels reproduciton rear wheels and stock C5 Z06 10.5"x18" in front. On the road course I run stock C5 Z05 rears in the front and CCW Classic 12"x18"'s out back.

josh, this is what the car looks like, sounds like and goes like - so if thats redneck Z28 I guess I love me some Redneck Z28.

BTW, for what its worth, some of us that have been around and weekend tinkering with minimal budgets on the C5 Z06 for near on a decade now are just trying to offer you a little different perspective and advice.

My first bit of advice (which is free so take if at face value) is try communicate in english, it sort of elevates the exchange above gutter-trash to semi-human and solicits better information, second bit is don't slam your car on the stock suspension and miss out on learning to use/drive/enjoy its full potential before saving up and then switching to some bargain (under $2000) coil over shocks that will give you best of all worlds.
After your video your car is sweet.People have been just bashing me in here.I thought thats what the objective was.I only wish my car ran like yours! bad ***!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:23 PM
joshlyonsz06
Advanced

After your video your car is sweet.People have been just bashing me in here.I thought thats what the objective was.I only wish my car ran like yours! bad ***!
In the pictures before it did not have the rear spoiler. That sets the look of the car right .As well as hood to.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:38 PM
joshlyonsz06
Advanced

I just had to watch your video again.The pictures you had up top doesn't really match up to the video.Plus you had the spoiler on and could see the hood.Did you build your bottom end?(have it forged). Are you getting those kind of hp's with just a cam.I would like to say.I would like to know were you got your hood,what cam your running,were you got your spoiler. Your video sets that car off!! I gotta say sorry man.Looks like you were having fun in the video!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:13 PM
imavettegirl
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no one is bashing you.

it is just that this has all been covered many times and if you used search you would have been rewarded.

seems like you like to post just to post seeing as you have three posts in a row and a bit off topic for this thread anyway.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:59 PM
RC45
Race Director

I just had to watch your video again.The pictures you had up top doesn't really match up to the video.Plus you had the spoiler on and could see the hood.Did you build your bottom end?(have it forged). Are you getting those kind of hp's with just a cam.I would like to say.I would like to know were you got your hood,what cam your running,were you got your spoiler. Your video sets that car off!! I gotta say sorry man.Looks like you were having fun in the video!
The power comes from a forged LS7 427ci. The car is the last Z07 that MTI Houston built.

The hood is a carbon fibre heat extractor hood from ACP. Front splitter is also fom ACP, wing is fom APR.

I have been known the run the car with and without the large ricer wing.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:03 PM
joshlyonsz06
Advanced

Originally Posted by imavettegirl
no one is bashing you.

it is just that this has all been covered many times and if you used search you would have been rewarded.

seems like you like to post just to post seeing as you have three posts in a row and a bit off topic for this thread anyway.

So? I just got my car.Thats what forums are for.To bs about it!!If its of topic so what.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:16 PM
joshlyonsz06
Advanced

The power comes from a forged LS7 427ci. The car is the last Z07 that MTI Houston built.

The hood is a carbon fibre heat extractor hood from ACP. Front splitter is also fom ACP, wing is fom APR.

After seeing the different pictures.With the wing and front splitter.IT looks good.Dam good! I dont think the wing looks ricer at all ether.Im gona look at the wing and hood.Hey thanks again.Sorry for being a idiot.I really didnt mean to disrepsect your car.Specially after it can blow my doors off. late (i apreciate it)
Old 10-04-2010, 09:16 PM
BuddhaZ06
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

your car looks like the one i made on Forza Motorsports 3!!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:16 PM
BuddhaZ06
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

After seeing the different pictures.With the wing and front splitter.IT looks good.Dam good! I dont think the wing looks ricer at all ether.Im gona look at the wing and hood.Hey thanks again.Sorry for being a idiot.I really didnt mean to disrepsect your car.Specially after it can blow my doors off. late (i apreciate it)
what is your purpose of getting the wing? looks? downforce?
Old 10-04-2010, 11:08 PM
imavettegirl
Drifting

did not say to not talk about your 'new' car just start a new thread when it goes so far off topic.

the search suggestion is for new and old forum members and saves a lot of time for most.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:58 PM
krazyKanuck
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So basically this thread can be summed up as:

"Only old white men are permitted to own corvettes, so if we think you are something other than that, we will point it out with racial slurs and ageist comments"

"import scene" is just a word for young and/or non-white car enthusiasts. Using mocking 'hood slang' is just mocking hip-hop culture i.e. urban culture i.e. black culture (perfectly fine in united states, where racism is normal and accepted)

Ban me. I'm bored with this board. I prefer my C63 anyway.

Honestly, this is the only thing I don't like about driving a corvette.. is the old-white-guy culture.
The following users liked this post:
JH282 (11-09-2019)
Old 10-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Kamauxx
Racer

No - with as clueless and hiphop goofy OP as this, the horse will never be dead.

Forget giving "Corvette Owners" a bad name, the OP gives all semi-literate and semi-educated Americans a bad name... yo bro... if this nitwit's driving and car handling skillz are anything close to his speaking and communications skillz then God help us all.

BTW, his ultra rare C06 should remain bone stock for collectors value

Party on yo...
I really hope you aren't above age 25. If you are, GROW UP.

Originally Posted by imavettegirl
no one is bashing you.
Have you actually read this thread? Lots of people are bashing him.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:33 PM
imavettegirl
Drifting

Originally Posted by krazyKanuck
So basically this thread can be summed up as:

"Only old white men are permitted to own corvettes, so if we think you are something other than that, we will point it out with racial slurs and ageist comments"

"import scene" is just a word for young and/or non-white car enthusiasts. Using mocking 'hood slang' is just mocking hip-hop culture i.e. urban culture i.e. black culture (perfectly fine in united states, where racism is normal and accepted)

Ban me. I'm bored with this board. I prefer my C63 anyway.

Honestly, this is the only thing I don't like about driving a corvette.. is the old-white-guy culture.

is your C63 collectible?

Get notified of new replies

To How to lower my c-5 co6????

Old 10-05-2010, 05:35 PM
imavettegirl
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kamauxx

it is just a spirited forum discussion.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:10 PM
RC45
Race Director

I really don't give a crap what you think. Really I don't.

And he is over it (yet you aren't) and we have all moved on... and are on our way to forging forum "friendships" and comraderies - I really hope you aren't above age 25(sic). If you are, GROW UP.

Don't sweat it. These are just cars, this is just a car foruma nd we are just passing out free advice to whomever asks for it
Old 10-05-2010, 07:35 PM
joshlyonsz06
Advanced

I really don't give a crap what you think. Really I don't.

And he is over it (yet you aren't) and we have all moved on... and are on our way to forging forum "friendships" and comraderies - I really hope you aren't above age 25(sic). If you are, GROW UP.

Don't sweat it. These are just cars, this is just a car foruma nd we are just passing out free advice to whomever asks for it
That whats up! Thats how it should be.

Quick Reply: [Z06] How to lower my c-5 co6????