Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Please help me. Loud Pedal Motorsports, Inc [Dispute]

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:40 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me. Loud Pedal Motorsports, Inc [Dispute]

Hopefully its alright that I post this here. I just am hoping to help someone else from avoiding my same issues. I am not being slanderous at all, just stating the facts. I invite anyone to comment and let me know what you think I should do.

Last year unforuntately the engine in my 2008 Z06 decided to throw a rod. It was a brand new engine, less then 300 miles on the engine. After getting quotes from several shops, I decided to take my car to Loud Pedal Motorsports in Tempe. I have dealt with other local shops, and had some issues, so I thought it might be good to try someone new out. They gave me a very reasonable quote, so I decide it would be the best place to take my car. I told them up front I would try and locate an engine for them to install in the car. They told me that was fine I could leave it there, and they wouldn't charge me any storage fees, etc.

Some time later, and I finally find a builder willing to build be a great engine for a great price. I told them an engine was being built. During this time I bought a new mustang for the track and decide to bring that car in for some upgrades. They asked that I make the bill current, before they work on the car and I agreed. They even charged me storage fees, which even though they promised they would not, I still paid just to make everyone happy. They again assured me as long as the other shop was still building the engine, they will not charge me ANY MORE storage fees. I re-iterated that I would glady store the car elsewhere if it was a problem, they assured me it was not, so I left the car there.

I took the engine builder a little over two months to get the engine built. I made sure Loud Pedal had the engine builders number, and could verify with them they were working on the engine. I was in constant contact with them to let them know the status. They said everything was good on their end, and as soon as they got the engine they would put it in the car. They assured me AGAIN there would be no storage fees involved.

Engine finally arrives on July 21st, 2010. I am very excited for them to get started on the work. They tell me they can have it in the car with in a week. After about a month, I ask whats going on. The tell me it will be done by tommorow. So the next day I ask them, they said it will be done by tommorow. I am told tommorow for over 5 weeks. Finally today 9/28/2010 I couldn't wait any longer, I figured 9 weeks, to put an engine in was too long. I told them I will pay them everything I owe them (which came to $3200, even though my original quote for removing and installing the engine was less then $1500). I had even already paid them more then half the original quote for removing the engine, when I had work done on my mustang. Mike (who runs the shop) then informs me that the owner is making him charge me storage. I asked how could this be possible when he assured me he would not charge me any storage, the previous owner assured me I would not be paid any storage as well. He told me its not up to him, even though he told me that the owner is making him.

The owner even refused to get on the phone with me and discuss it. He told Mike to tell me to email him. This is after being lied to every day for 5 weeks straight about the car being ready the next day. I know shops sometimes have problems, and I tried to be patient.

So now I have no idea what I can do. Its either pay around $7000 to get my car back. KEEPING IN MIND I GAVE THEM ALL THE PARTS FOR THE ENGINE. THIS NUMBER IS PURE LABOR. How much do you think an engine should cost to install?

If anyone has any suggestions of what I can do to remedy this, I would love for your input. At this point I am not sure what I can possible do to get this car back. But atleast I hope everyone should know and be warned to watch out with doing business with them. There are plenty of good shops I have used in the past, that would not take your money. Keep in mind a shop apparently can make up any number they want to charge you. And unless you want to spend $5000 on a lawyers retainer, and months and months of your time. They can keep your car.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:55 PM
C5 4me
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 143 Posts

A 2008 Zo6 it worth the 7 grand,do whatever it takes to save the car,then sue them in small claims court to recoupe some of the funds.You might not get it all back,but you should get something.Did he put no more storage fees in black and white?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:01 PM
PEERPSI
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PrestonG
Last year unforuntately the engine in my 2008 Z06 decided to throw a rod.
Last year being 2009 with a 2008 Corvette why were you not at the dealer getting warranty work done?

Do you have any of this in writing?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:02 PM
rebelheart
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you do not have these claims in writing,you are indeed up the creek without a paddle!You may win on the time it took to repair though.

Last edited by rebelheart; 09-29-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,229 Likes on 875 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Thats terrible...makes me sick to here the trouble you are having...I would go to all ends no matter what it cost and drag those bastards to court by their ballz...don't let them rip you
Old 09-28-2010, 10:28 PM
paint-tech
Racer

I am very sorry!!!! But everyone should keep this in mind
TRUST IS NOT GIVEN ITS GAINED!!!! This is on every invoice I bill.
Like others have stated, I would get invoice/ bill itemized from them with sig. Take all info to court. It sounds like their charging 5,500 storage the way its stated. In IL. A business can not charge storage after a work order is written or waiting for parts. storage fees starts 72 hrs after work is completed and contact is made and the customer does not pick up. Check your local LAWS
Old 09-28-2010, 10:56 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

Here is the problem, even if you have this in writing. Which I should have most of it in writing. IT DOES NOT MATTER. You can take your car in for an oil change. They can tell you your bill is $10,000. Its either pay the bill and sue them, or don't get your car back.

There quotes even state at the bottom, storage fees are incured AFTER the work is done. Since the car still is not completely done, how could I have to pay any storage fees? They just think I will cave and pay the bill.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:01 PM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

As a competing shop in Tempe, I am going to refrain from passing judgment on this matter. I know that there are always two sides to every story. I question what's on your paperwork, and if they made any of the promises to you in writing.

The owner of the shop is reasonable guy, I've met him on a couple of occasions. Have you considering asking him for a face to face meeting? Most often, things can be reconciled and settled if the two parties sit down and have a non-confrontational conversation. The key is to remain calm and not lose your temper. You might consider having a neutral party sit with both of you and act as a mediator.

If you have a calm discussion, maybe a compromise can be reached, the secret to negotiation is to leave your adversary an honorable "out".

Good luck...
Old 09-28-2010, 11:06 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

Originally Posted by blacksedan87
As a competing shop in Tempe, I am going to refrain from passing judgment on this matter. I know that there are always two sides to every story. I question what's on your paperwork, and if they made any of the promises to you in writing.

The owner of the shop is reasonable guy, I've met him on a couple of occasions. Have you considering asking him for a face to face meeting? Most often, things can be reconciled and settled if the two parties sit down and have a non-confrontational conversation. The key is to remain calm and not lose your temper. You might consider having a neutral party sit with both of you and act as a mediator.

If you have a calm discussion, maybe a compromise can be reached, the secret to negotiation is to leave your adversary an honorable "out".

Good luck...
He refused to even talk on the phone with me today. He told the shop manager I could email him, but that is what I have to pay. Honestly the guy has been difficult to deal with since I bought my car there. The only reason I used the shop was because his partner I liked alot. For some reason that guy disappeared, and I never was really told why. This guy everytime I see him has some snide comment to make. His shop is run like chaos. Over 9 weeks to do an engine install. I have not yet once shown up at the shop and ever seen them working on my car. Over the past 9 weeks I have probably visited the shop around 20 times. You would think I would see them working on it at least one of those 20 times.

Something has smelled fishy about this ever since the other owner left.

Where is your shop located, I wasn't even aware of your shop before now
Old 09-28-2010, 11:20 PM
BAMvette
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '17

Pay whatever you need to to get your car out of there tomorrow, and lawyer-up the same day.

Sorry you've had such an awful experience.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Indy
Melting Slicks

Some shops think they can do whatever they want because you depend on them to get your car fixed. That's why I don't take any of my cars to any shops...too much bad experience. Spread the word......
Old 09-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,419 Likes on 14,038 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

If the owner won't meet with you, then it sounds like your only recourse is to pay the charges, retreive your car, and then see about legal action to recoup some of your money.

Good luck - and next time get everything in writing.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:30 PM
PEERPSI
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

No comment on why you weren't pursuing warranty on a rather new car with low milage?
Old 09-28-2010, 11:30 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

Yes I wish I would have done the work myself. I just didn't have the time. Now I wish I would have made the time.

Paying it tommorow is a huge chunk of change, that I doubt I will ever see again. Hell now that they slept on it they probably will want even more.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:32 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

Originally Posted by PEERPSI
No comment on why you weren't pursuing warranty on a rather new car with low milage?
The car was heavily modified. The first engine was forged because I didn't want it to explode, thats the entire reason it did. One lesson I have learned is, replace the cam, and springs. But leave the engine stock. Ever car I have seen on the track that lasts is a stock motor. The forged ones always break.

Hell my mustang has 140k miles on the engine. I have been racing it heavy for over 4 months, and not had one single problem with it. Every engine I have had built, has had major issues.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:36 PM
ICULUKN-C5
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

R&R a motor should cost about 2k or so.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:38 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

Originally Posted by ICULUKN-C5
R&R a motor should cost about 2k or so.
Their original quote was less then $1500 to pull the motor and put it back in. I have already paid them $2200, and they are asking for another $7000.

Get notified of new replies

To Please help me. Loud Pedal Motorsports, Inc [Dispute]

Old 09-29-2010, 02:01 AM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally today 9/28/2010 I told them I will pay them everything I owe them (which came to $3200, even though my original quote for removing and installing the engine was less then $1500). I had even already paid them more then half the original quote for removing the engine, when I had work done on my mustang.

So now I have no idea what I can do. Its either pay around $7000 to get my car back. KEEPING IN MIND I GAVE THEM ALL THE PARTS FOR THE ENGINE. THIS NUMBER IS PURE LABOR. How much do you think an engine should cost to install?.
Their original quote was less then $1500 to pull the motor and put it back in. I have already paid them $2200, and they are asking for another $7000.
So you paid over half of $1500 to them($800) when your mustang got modded, wanted to pay your debt at $3200 but they wouldnt let you because for some reason they want $7000, and so far you have already paid them $2200(not $800)? Guy you posted this in a couple of threads but your just making NO sense in this one.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:03 AM
PrestonG
Instructor

Originally Posted by McGirk94LT1
So you paid over half of $1500 to them($800) when your mustang got modded, wanted to pay your debt at $3200 but they wouldnt let you because for some reason they want $7000, and so far you have already paid them $2200(not $800)? Guy you posted this in a couple of threads but your just making NO sense in this one.
Actually I paid them 2200 when i picked it up. The added in storage fees, which when I paid it i made it clear there would be NO MORE STORAGE fees. They agreed. So I paid more then the original quote. Then today I got a brand new bill for $3200.

That make any sense? Honestly it doesn't make sense to me

I would have even paid the $3200. So in total they would have received $5400 for an engine swap. However the extra $3000 just put me over the top.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:10 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Jan 1st, to July 21st = about 200 days. (when did you drop it off?)
So they charged you $15 a day for protected storage inside their shop ???

Quick Reply: Please help me. Loud Pedal Motorsports, Inc [Dispute]