Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you who are following my drama...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by STALION
In a case like this there is one way out for you to WIN...I don't know if you have the kahonas to do it but...

INSURANCE JOB

Make the car disappear. I'm not trying to be a smart a$$, I'm being serious! If you never made a claim before and you have full coverage I strongly suggest you should forget where you parked it "cough, cough."

The insurance will take into account all the receipts you have and if the car was spotless it will only add to the value and what you get back from the insurance.

Now before any moral eager beavers come out and start complaining how this is wrong and it affects everyone it really doesn't. Those complainers have absolutely NO clue how the insurance companies operate and make their money...and they make LOTS OF IT!!! They make much, much more then what they have to pay out in claims. Their is no such thing as an insurance company in the red...not to mention some insurance companies nickel and dime you and make you wait years in some cases for an accident settlement.

Anyways, do what you will, sell it and take a loss, continue to try and repair it and lose more money, or do the unthinkable (think about it).
Wow, I can't believe what I just read.
It is people like you is why we pay high insurance rates.
I could never do or even think of doing something like that.
And posting this in a public forum.
I guess I was raised different.

Last edited by Mr.Bill; 09-12-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:56 AM
flynbyu2
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

And the guy that sold it to you claimed to never had a single problem with it...right?

Old 09-12-2010, 11:06 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
Wow, I can't believe what I just read.
It is people like you is why we pay high insurance rates.
I could never do or even think of doing something like that.
And posting this in a public forum.
I guess I was raised different.
I don't know what you mean when you say "people like me." I'm probably one of the more "moral" persons that you or anyone else will come across. I just stated a fact about insurance companies and how they operate. This does not affect YOUR insurance in the least. Major insurance companies don't make their money off the policies, they make them on investments. If people want to flame me, I understand, no problem, I'm wearing my suit and take no offense.

I merely suggested and option and nothing more, it is up to him if he wants to take that option because he's already in the minus. Anyways, I'm not advocating anything, and what ever the OP decides to do is his business...I wish him nothing but luck what ever he decides.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

"Make the car disappear. I'm not trying to be a smart a$$, I'm being serious! If you never made a claim before and you have full coverage I strongly suggest you should forget where you parked it "cough, cough."

OK. Nice.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:11 AM
rebelheart
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Seems like you bought a used car that was soundly beat on.Get it fixed and trade it.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:24 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(

"Make the car disappear. I'm not trying to be a smart a$$, I'm being serious! If you never made a claim before and you have full coverage I strongly suggest you should forget where you parked it "cough, cough."

OK. Nice.
Lets just agree to disagree

Cheers.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:57 AM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

In a case like this there is one way out for you to WIN...I don't know if you have the kahonas to do it but...

INSURANCE JOB

Make the car disappear. I'm not trying to be a smart a$$, I'm being serious! If you never made a claim before and you have full coverage I strongly suggest you should forget where you parked it "cough, cough."

The insurance will take into account all the receipts you have and if the car was spotless it will only add to the value and what you get back from the insurance.

Now before any moral eager beavers come out and start complaining how this is wrong and it affects everyone it really doesn't. Those complainers have absolutely NO clue how the insurance companies operate and make their money...and they make LOTS OF IT!!! They make much, much more then what they have to pay out in claims. Their is no such thing as an insurance company in the red...not to mention some insurance companies nickel and dime you and make you wait years in some cases for an accident settlement.

Anyways, do what you will, sell it and take a loss, continue to try and repair it and lose more money, or do the unthinkable (think about it).
Old 09-12-2010, 12:06 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MawneeC5
Ya it's a tough call, but I have to give it to Worf
Old 09-12-2010, 12:38 PM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by tricep
My 2002 Z is back in the shop. I put it in originally.. wait..

Originally was November of 2008... and then quite a few times in between

Then November of 2009 (365 days exactly from previous)

and then a few times after this date

Those of you that aren't completely sick of my sh#t (yet)--well, this last time it went in July 7th of this year and I got it back August 19th...

The dealership ran over it while it was on their facility

It is now Sept. 9th. I was on my way to work (7 miles from home) and the "Check Engine" light came on in the D.I.C. --then the car stalled.

It got towed back to where I bought it. It's been to 4 different shops and the clutch will have been replaced 3 times. No negligence or abuse whatsoever on my behalf.

I think they should send it to a Precision shop, but everyone is hurtin for $$$$ so I can't guarantee anything. Obviously there are no guarantees anyway...

The list of parts that have been replaced + the labor has exceeded what I paid for the car.

I Carfaxed it and Autochecked it, etc. etc. before I bought it. There really is nothing left to break. Even all the GM bulletin issues were ameliorated.

What to do????

I've never heard of a Vette Lemon, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

When I got the car back this last time, I could tell it wasnt running right. I don't think they balanced the clutch. It sounds like a horrid rattle-can. Eventually the whole vehicle started shimmying like I had a cam with a heavy lope, but it wanting to die.

The torque tube had to be torn out to get to the clutch this last time, and the whole rearend was replaced. (NOT rebuilt, replaced) with authorized GM parts.

Is it possible to still have a relationship with this vehicle?

I mean, a good relationship.

First issue; Valve spring
Second issue: Valve spring (valve dropped, motor replaced with 2004 LS6 crate)
Upper tensioner and belt replaced.

Lower tensioner and belt replaced.

CLutch replaced.

ECBM replaced

ABS module replaced along with a bunch of little crap I cant remember

This time:

CLutch replaced, torque tube replaced, rear end replaced

Steering acctuator replaced (bulletin?)

When I left the lot I couldnt shift. Forget Reverse. Clutch clanging and banging. SQuealing from somewhere (other than two brand new tensioners and belts)

Idler? Why replace all that other shiz when you still hear something squealing?

I am in another loaner. This time its a KIA Optima. At least it has Serius radio... I mean, ya know. That's all that really matters.

Sounds like a "This Is Spinal Tap" moment.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:37 PM
81c3
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 431 Posts

INSURANCE JOB

You gotta be kidding right? Note to self: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS MEMBER... You say you have high morals? Yea right.. And you probably bit@h at the high insurance costs you have to pay right? Never mind Mother Theresa.... I wonder what YOUR mother would trhink.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:18 PM
calivette805
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Lol this is funny . Go to a carshow and ask how many of the cars are insurance frauds .
Old 09-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Mr. Jean
Safety Car

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by tricep
I'm right there with ya on that one

It's still under warranty.
Sorry for all your troubles Tricep. I'd have to agree about legal actions.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 81c3
You gotta be kidding right? Note to self: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS MEMBER... You say you have high morals? Yea right.. And you probably bit@h at the high insurance costs you have to pay right? Never mind Mother Theresa.... I wonder what YOUR mother would trhink.
So I suggest something and all the sudden you think you have me pegged. I've never seen a post from you before, and don't care if I do again.... Last time I bought from this forum (C6 shifter) I sent the guy extra money above what he asked because he was down on his luck, but I guess you must know me from a single post to assume not to deal with me and assume I have high insurance...my insurance record is actually spotless thanks for asking but it's going up anyways because the insurance lobbyist pressured the government into reducing how much coverage a person has, and in order for the consumer to get what he/she previously had they have to pay more now. The reasoning...to give the consumer more options for purchasing individual packages...(your and idiot to have to believe that) but that's how insurance companies scam YOU.

Again the OP can do what ever he wants...keep the thing and sink more money into it, sell it and take a loss, or maybe he'll sell it and not disclose anything about it's problems, or burn the thing, I really don't care it was suggestion and nothing more. If he did do an insurance job I wouldn't shed a tear for the insurance company...maybe you should ask about the insurance companies morals? Or ask someone who had a serious accident and found out how the insurance company is nickel and dimming the victim instead of paying for the full benefits that their entitled to. Ask the guy who has a spotless record why his rates are increasing, and contrary to popular believe, its not because of so called insurance scams, it has to do with profit margin and the bottom line, and believe me when I say their profit margin is wayyy up their.

Next time you cheat on your taxes use your morals and tell the truth after all it's the governments money...next time you get pulled over for a traffic violation, don't make excuses and pay the fine in full...next time you think about telling a little white lie, don't it would reflect upon you as an individual and define you...next time you crash your car and they low ball you just accept it and take it in the hoop after all the insurance knows best...etc, etc...

BTW - Insurance companies are not limited to auto, they are in health, finance, investments, and so on...go talk to the victims from the AIG fiasco...next time look at the big picture and not just one facet of the insurance industry...this has nothing to do with morality, it's about money, always has been, always will be...

I'm just going to delete my original post since the ethical police are getting their panties tied in a knot and directing insults towards me rather then seeing how the real world actually works.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:21 PM
81c3
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 431 Posts

Next time you cheat on your taxes use your morals and tell the truth after all it's the governments money...next time you get pulled over for a traffic violation, don't make excuses and pay the fine in full...next time you think about telling a little white lie, don't it would reflect upon you as an individual and define you...next time you crash your car and they low ball you just accept it and take it in the hoop after all the insurance knows best...etc, etc...

I never cheated on my taxes, when I screw up, I man up and pay what I owe and I dont lie. And youre damn right it defines what kind of person you are. To suggest or even imply that insurance fraud is a proper thing to do "to get back at the man" is childish and straight up wrong no matter how you try to justify it. PERIOD. Have a great day and sleep well tonight, I KNOW I do.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:30 PM
troy144
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I suggest something and all the sudden you think you have me pegged. I've never seen a post from you before, and don't care if I do again.... Last time I bought from this forum (C6 shifter) I sent the guy extra money above what he asked because he was down on his luck, but I guess you must know me from a single post to assume not to deal with me and assume I have high insurance...my insurance record is actually spotless thanks for asking but it's going up anyways because the insurance lobbyist pressured the government into reducing how much coverage a person has, and in order for the consumer to get what he/she previously had they have to pay more now. The reasoning...to give the consumer more options for purchasing individual packages...(your and idiot to have to believe that) but that's how insurance companies scam YOU.

Again the OP can do what ever he wants...keep the thing and sink more money into it, sell it and take a loss, or maybe he'll sell it and not disclose anything about it's problems, or burn the thing, I really don't care it was suggestion and nothing more. If he did do an insurance job I wouldn't shed a tear for the insurance company...maybe you should ask about the insurance companies morals? Or ask someone who had a serious accident and found out how the insurance company is nickel and dimming the victim instead of paying for the full benefits that their entitled to. Ask the guy who has a spotless record why his rates are increasing, and contrary to popular believe, its not because of so called insurance scams, it has to do with profit margin and the bottom line, and believe me when I say their profit margin is wayyy up their.

BTW - Insurance companies are not limited to auto, they are in health, finance, investments, and so on...go talk to the victims from the AIG fiasco...next time look at the big picture and not just one facet of the insurance industry...this has nothing to do with morality, it's about money, always has been, always will be...

I'm just going to delete my original post since the ethical police are getting their panties tied in a knot and directing insults towards me rather then seeing how the real world actually works.
Do you have children?
Old 09-12-2010, 04:30 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 81c3

I never cheated on my taxes, when I screw up, I man up and pay what I owe and I dont lie. And youre damn right it defines what kind of person you are. To suggest or even imply that insurance fraud is a proper thing to do "to get back at the man" is childish and straight up wrong no matter how you try to justify it. PERIOD. Have a great day and sleep well tonight, I KNOW I do.
Well you just told a lie right there, but good for you, sleep tight
Old 09-12-2010, 04:46 PM
n8dogg
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 327 Likes on 95 Posts

3 replacement clutches, and none was due to driver error... right

Get notified of new replies

To For those of you who are following my drama...

Old 09-12-2010, 04:58 PM
realvc
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Good luck getting your vette repairs sorted out.
Getting into a lawsuit can get expensive.
Getting into a criminal act can get expensive more than just money wise.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:58 PM
CatCam
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow - sounds like my buddies 911.

He's on his 3rd clutch.......2nd Engine......

He did lose all of his groceries (cold stuff) when he couldn't get his trunk to open on a Friday night. Kept it parked in his air conditioned garage until he could bring it in Monday morning so the steaks, pot roash and sushi wouldn't stink.....hehehe
Old 09-12-2010, 06:21 PM
tricep
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Cozmo
Dayum mang, sorry to hear that you are still having problems with this beast.

Maybe once it's running, time to trade it in on something else? I don't know what to say. Sorry that you have gone through so much misery.

(easy on JPM, he's one of the good guys)

I didn't mean it that way on JPM. Sorry..

There is a mod on Getbig.com called JPM that seriously knows all his shiz about Powerlifting and Bodybuilding. He is in the "training" forum, not the OT...

I was actually being serial... (for once)

I am really frustrated about this car. A friendly forum member "Autochecked" it for me recently too.

It bothers me that I feel like I am poisoning this forum about the car as if every one of the 2002 Z's are alike. I don't really want anything else. I love Vettes. The only thing I would want (if I had to choose) would be a C6Z06, but I had my chance and I passed. Sure, it was pricier, but this is my third C5 and I had great aspirations (no pun intended) for this car.

I can't for the life of me figure out where I went wrong. The miles were so low when I bought it. The only "incidents" on Carfax were title changes. Two other owners, and for a very short time.

I know that a lot of blame lies with the people repairing it, but the last repairs (two months worth) were at a Certified GM dealer. I know, that doesn't mean a whole lot these days, but they should be "techs"... right?

I guess I am using the forum to vent. There's really nobody else to sympathize with.

Sorry if I came off wrong JP... I'm sure you coulda shredded me to pieces by now.

Thanks (Larry)

Quick Reply: For those of you who are following my drama...