Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 12:39 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Insulation "Mad-Mat" Kit... $185

C5 Pre-Cut Mad-Mat Full Insulation Kit

CLICK HERE TO ORDER!!!

$185 plus $20 shipping in the continental USA.

DOWNLOAD THE INSTRUCTIONS HERE!!!

The MadVette C5 Pre-cut Mad-Mat Insulation kit comes with everything you need to insulate and provide sound deadening in your Corvette, including Pre-cut pieces for your doors.

Other kits on the market provide a similar product, but do not provide pre-cut pieces for your doors, which allow road noise to be present in your front cabin. Our kit gives you everything you need to COMPLETELY insulate your C5 Corvette.

Our kit is a non-fiberglass, non-asphalt based product which weighs in at 3.5 lbs, for those who are weight conscious, it rejects 97% of the radiant heat, and has a manufacturer's rating of 19db of sound and road noise reduction!!! (please see the notes below on this... )
It is only 3/16" thick, so as not to interfere with proper mounting of your panels and seats, and all holes are pre-cut & all pieces are clearly labeled for your convenience.
It is our #1 goal to provide you ease of install, while making a HUGE improvement in your overall enjoyment of your Corvette!!!
Each kit is hand cut to our specifications, and guaranteed to make a dramatic difference in your C5!!!

Each kit comes with the following pieces:
  • Driver & Passenger front floorboard pieces, with holes cut for seat bolts and pedals.
  • Driver & Passenger side tunnel pieces, cut around your e-brake.
  • Full center console pieces, with holes for the center console bolts.
  • Driver & Passenger side Door Panel pieces.
  • Full Cargo area floor pieces.
  • Full Side rear wheel well pieces.
  • Full back wall and corner pieces.
  • Full Center Well pre-cut pieces.
  • Z06 % FRC come with roof pieces.
  • Extra pieces for odds and ends coverage that you may need.

Say goodbye to over-heated center consoles, and noisy front cabins!! Our C5 kit is the perfect addition to your C5, and is recommended for every Corvette owner as the #1 modification for their Corvette!!!
Your Corvette will be cooler in the summer, alot less noisy, and you will regain use of your center console once again.

Alot of research and development has gone into this kit, and we are proud to say that our kit is made to our demanding specs, in house, and cut off of our own templates.

Some have emailed and asked, so here is a picture of the material, as well as some specs on the material itself:

It has 5 layers, and though it is rated at a 19db drop in noise, my customers have tested it in the Vettes at 8-11 db. reduction. Here are some manufacturer specs on it:

Characteristics | Value | Regulation
Cell Structure: Closed
Nominal Thickness: 5 mm (+ or - 0.5mm)
Steam Permeability: 0.033 gr/m2hkPa ASTM E-96
Noise Insulation: 19dBA IRAM 4063 at 50hz.
Flame Spread Index/Class: 25 or less/ "A" - Class 1 0 ASTM E-84
Smoke Index/Class: 450 or less/ "A" - Class 1 15 ASTM E-84

INSULATION LAYERS
Aluminum Foil
polyethylene backing
closed-cell Polyethylene foam
polyethylene backing
Aluminum Foil

Pictures of the kit installed in a C5 vert are below.

Last edited by Madvette Motorsports; 09-30-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:42 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

All orders have been shipped, and all orders placed will begin shipping tomorrow, Friday, Aug. 20th.

We have alot of material on the way in, and plan to keep these kits cut and in stock to meet the demand of the popularity of the C5 Kits.
We have had sale threads previously, and the C5 Mad-Mat kit is a popular item for C5 owners, and we are now making this thread the official C5 Mad-Mat thread for new customers, as well as existing customers, to post their pictures, reviews, questions and comments here.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:56 PM
memphis_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

seems like a great product for the price,GLWS.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:14 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by memphis_vette
seems like a great product for the price,GLWS.
Thanks!!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:42 PM
memphis_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Madvette Motorsports
Thanks!!
NP, im interested and have been wanting to sound deaden for awhile but just havent found an excuse to tell the wife yet ill keep you posted
Old 08-26-2010, 12:51 AM
ColeTrain'sC5
Melting Slicks

i've got this kit in my Vette and i love it. It helped with road noise and helped a little with my drone. I also get very little exhaust heat now in the tunnel. I only have the doors left to do but haven't figured out how to take it apart yet

P.S. i got my kit when they first came out and it was only like $100 then but it was for the group purchase i got lucky

Last edited by ColeTrain'sC5; 08-26-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:29 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think I want to do this. The entire kit weighs less than 4Lbs?! I have an FRC. How long do you think it'd take for a novice to do this? I've never pulled the entire interior apart on my any of my Corvettes. Also, what do you use to apply it? Some sort of glue? It would achieve the two things I'd like to do the most which is quiet the cab a bit and cool down the center console.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:59 AM
ColeTrain'sC5
Melting Slicks

I used the chrome tape that you can get thru the vendor or walmart took almost 2 full rolls for me. It helped with road noise and heat in mine. If it's 100* out and stuff it is still noticable to feel on the center console but it's greatly reduced. The interior is easy to pull out. Seats are just 4 nuts and the console is like 4 nuts and 2-3 screws and the trim panels just snap in. Just take your time and don't break any of the clips on the panels.

Last edited by ColeTrain'sC5; 08-26-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:41 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

2 rolls? I thought this was a kit that was cut to the needs. Did you get a different kit?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:16 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ColeTrain'sC5
i've got this kit in my Vette and i love it. It helped with road noise and helped a little with my drone. I also get very little exhaust heat now in the tunnel. I only have the doors left to do but haven't figured out how to take it apart yet

P.S. i got my kit when they first came out and it was only like $100 then but it was for the group purchase i got lucky
Thanks for your order!

The doors are not difficult. Have you downloaded the .pdf file of the install instructions from our website?

Please call the shop if you have any questions...615-907-8125

Tim
Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 AM
leeinmemphis
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How much to drive up and have it installed? Thanks.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:35 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash

I think I want to do this. The entire kit weighs less than 4Lbs?! I have an FRC. How long do you think it'd take for a novice to do this? I've never pulled the entire interior apart on my any of my Corvettes. Also, what do you use to apply it? Some sort of glue? It would achieve the two things I'd like to do the most which is quiet the cab a bit and cool down the center console.
Dave usually takes 5 to 6 hours for a coupe and 6 to 7 hours for a vert to install the kit here at the shop or when he travels to the customer for the install. For the average owner, I'd plan on setting aside a weekend so you can follow the install instructions, take your time and admire your work along the way with a few cold ones.

Aluminum tape, which you can pick up at Lowe's or Home Depot is all you need. You can purchase the tape on our site as well. Some folks use glue also, but I would recommend only using the tape because you may want to get under the insulation at a later date for another type of mod, i.e. wiring for radio upgrades. One roll of tape should suffice.

I used the chrome tape that you can get thru the vendor or walmart took almost 2 full rolls for me. It helped with road noise and heat in mine. If it's 100* out and stuff it is still noticable to feel on the center console but it's greatly reduced. The interior is easy to pull out. Seats are just 4 nuts and the console is like 4 nuts and 2-3 screws and the trim panels just snap in. Just take your time and don't break any of the clips on the panels.
2 rolls? I thought this was a kit that was cut to the needs. Did you get a different kit?
The kit is all pre-cut. The tape is used to secure the vertical pieces and to secure/join the horizontal pieces together. One roll of tape is plenty.

Any questions, please email or call the shop....615-907-8125.

Tim
Old 08-26-2010, 09:43 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by leeinmemphis
Give us a call (615-907-8125). You're not that far away.

Dave's labor for the install is $200.00. Will usually take 5 to 6 hours to install. If you can, please give us a 2 week advance time to be able to schedule. If not, we can work it out to your convenience also.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 08-26-2010, 05:54 PM
ColeTrain'sC5
Melting Slicks

Well went and did my door panels today Also when i did this it allowed me to fix the passangers door speaker grille(loose) and figure out why i was getting rattling in the drivers door Took it out for a spin and the doors just sound like they are closing better and more solid and i LOVE it. Also allowed for me to adjust the window on the drivers side. it was outa little at the back and now it's tucked up nice and tight with the seals and no more wind noise there. Got alot accomplished today
Old 08-26-2010, 08:46 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Tim pretty much answered the questions, but since I don't get to login and post much, I'd thought I'd do so tonight.

I'm glad you are enjoying the kit!! Many other customers love this kit as well!! Hope you found the instructions on the site to be most helpful. We are shipping them out like crazy!!

Yes, the material is lightweight and very functional in terms of noise reduction and heat reduction. It has been very successful for us and our clients!! You can use some spray adhesive, such as 3M Super 33 glue, but I recommend to use it only on areas that don't have to be removed to service anything, like window motors, etc.
Be sure to tape up all the seams, and I usually tape the pieces down first, then overlap them with tape on the seams. Any place that noise or heat can get through is never a good thing.

Yes, be careful and take your time when removing the pieces. If you are new to this, plan to take your time and call me if you have any questions.

Some rolls at Wal-Mart have less tape than at Home Depot or Lowes. That is why they cost less at Wal-Mart. Our kit also comes with the option to add a roll of tape to your order.

Originally Posted by leeinmemphis
I charge $200 to do the install. It takes me about 5 hours to take out the entire interior, install the whole kit, including doors, and reassemble the interior. 6 hours on a Vert.

Well went and did my door panels today Also when i did this it allowed me to fix the passangers door speaker grille(loose) and figure out why i was getting rattling in the drivers door Took it out for a spin and the doors just sound like they are closing better and more solid and i LOVE it. Also allowed for me to adjust the window on the drivers side. it was outa little at the back and now it's tucked up nice and tight with the seals and no more wind noise there. Got alot accomplished today
Why was the grille loose? You get mad at the Bose speakers and kick it??

Glad to hear the kit is working out well for you, and that you were able to get the doors done finally. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for posting your feedback!!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:57 PM
ColeTrain'sC5
Melting Slicks

no i'm never in the passangers seat. It's the other people that slam the door and the tabs were a little straightened out and it would pop out a little. I got them bent back tight and it's perfect. Now The car is rattle free and alot quieter
Old 08-27-2010, 08:13 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

CLICK HERE TO ORDER!!!

The MadVette C5 Pre-cut Mad-Mat Insulation kit comes with everything you need to insulate and provide sound deadening in your Corvette, including Pre-cut pieces for your doors.

Other kits on the market provide a similar product, but do not provide pre-cut pieces for your doors, which allow road noise to be present in your front cabin. Our kit gives you everything you need to COMPLETELY insulate your C5 Corvette.

Our kit is a non-fiberglass, non-asphalt based product which weighs in at 3.5 lbs, for those who are weight conscious, it rejects 97% of the radiant heat, and has a manufacturer's rating of 19db of sound and road noise reduction!!! (please see the notes below on this... )
It is only 3/16" thick, so as not to interfere with proper mounting of your panels and seats, and all holes are pre-cut & all pieces are clearly labeled for your convenience.
It is our #1 goal to provide you ease of install, while making a HUGE improvement in your overall enjoyment of your Corvette!!!
Each kit is hand cut to our specifications, and guaranteed to make a dramatic difference in your C5!!!

• Driver & Passenger front floorboard pieces, with holes cut for seat bolts and pedals.

Say goodbye to over-heated center consoles, and noisy front cabins!! Our C5 kit is the perfect addition to your C5, and is recommended for every Corvette owner as the #1 modification for their Corvette!!!
Your Corvette will be cooler in the summer, alot less noisy, and you will regain use of your center console once again.

Alot of research and development has gone into this kit, and we are proud to say that our kit is made to our demanding specs, in house, and cut off of our own templates.

Some have emailed and asked, so here is a picture of the material, as well as some specs on the material itself:

It has 5 layers, and though it is rated at a 19db drop in noise, my customers have tested it in the Vettes at 8-11 db. reduction. Here are some manufacturer specs on it:

INSULATION LAYERS
Aluminum Foil
polyethylene backing
polyethylene backing
Aluminum Foil

Last edited by Madvette Motorsports; 09-30-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Insulation "Mad-Mat" Kit... $185

Old 08-27-2010, 10:40 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

ttt
Old 08-29-2010, 07:36 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

CLICK HERE TO ORDER!!!

INSULATION LAYERS
Aluminum Foil
polyethylene backing
polyethylene backing
Aluminum Foil

Last edited by Madvette Motorsports; 09-30-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:45 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

ttt

Quick Reply: C5 Insulation "Mad-Mat" Kit... $185