Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 07:48 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by luckyirishguy
GEEZ!
not really looking to take a loan out to get some new seats
I'm sure you can find something more within your budget. There are some cloth seats for much less and if you fit in them they may be a good option.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:05 AM
FLYNAVY30
Le Mans Master

Received 2,366 Likes on 1,034 Posts

Old 10-17-2010, 03:12 AM
Mr. Lau
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are a great addition to your C5 seat lineup, well done! And to those who say that the seats are expensive...

Well, they do have other types of seats for sale, considerably more affordable. Just scroll the page up! Plus, I'm sure as time goes by, the prices will drop as the initial start-up costs to manufacture them have been covered.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:18 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mr. Lau
These are a great addition to your C5 seat lineup, well done! And to those who say that the seats are expensive...

Well, they do have other types of seats for sale, considerably more affordable. Just scroll the page up! Plus, I'm sure as time goes by, the prices will drop as the initial start-up costs to manufacture them have been covered.
We also make mounting hardware that can be used to install various aftermarket seats in C5's and C6's, many of which are less expensive. Customers have installed seats from Sparco, Cobra, OMP and others with either the side mounts for the o/e tracks or complete mounting brackets with sliders.

A universal seat (such as the Corbeau A4 or fiberglass bucket seats) will always be much less expensive. They can be made by the hundreds or thousands because they can be used in just about any car and are not intended to match any particular o/e interiors.

If you design a seat to fit a specific car, and a lower volume production car at that, the seats are normally made to order in small quantities and much more costly to produce. We have had complete universal seats produced overseas that cost us about 25% of what it will cost us to make this custom back in the US.

We have had numerous customers over the past 2 years tell us they have not found a seat they were comfortable in that fit in their car. Many are concerned with daily driving comfort, retaining power functions as well as track support. This option will not be perfect for everyone but we hope it will for many. We are always looking into other options we can offer. Recently we had a customer purchase our mounting brackets to install seats like below that can be purchased for under $400 each. When we confirm our brackets worked well with the seats we'll let people know. But again, this is a tight seat that many wouldn't fit in (including myself :-))

Old 10-17-2010, 08:33 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 647 Likes on 388 Posts

On the new seatbacks and matching bottoms do you think that you could do the center part in perforated leather?
Old 10-17-2010, 08:46 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 7LitreC5
On the new seatbacks and matching bottoms do you think that you could do the center part in perforated leather?
Sure. We send hides out to be perforated whenever needed. I expect many to request suede or perforated suede for the inserts, since it holds you in place better and doesn't get blazing hot in the sun.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:57 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

We completed a seat with a 2-tone cloth cover. I'll try to get better pictures later.

I find the cloth cover holds you in place much better than leather does. This cloth has a high wear/abrasion rating (375,000 double rubs) so it should be durable and comfortable. We will make them in leather as well.

To make this seat we will need your o/e seat base (frame and foam only, not the rails) and the cable from the seat back for the tilt-forward feature. If you prefer to send the complete seat that is fine. We can disassemble them to get the parts we need; but it will cost you more in shipping. You can see the base and the cable in the back below. You may prefer to change your bottom foam if it is worn.

In cloth the pricing is $699 per seat; in leather or leather/suede $899. We may have to adjust cloth pricing upward if we find we do not sell enough cloth seats to justify buying material in complete rolls. We have the black in stock and can order the tan or grey below when needed. A power lumbar option for the seat back is available for $139. We are working on a sub belt option currently.

I expect seats to take about 4 weeks to produce in the beginning but it should be faster once componets start to be made in advance. I will be sending emails to those who asked to be updated on this seat later today. If you have not provided you email and are interested in ordering, please contact me at mark@arizenracingsports.com. I will personally discuss your options and answers questions you may have. You can also provide a phone number where I can reach you for those (like me) who wish to avoid typing.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:36 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

This could be the answer to what I have been looking for

I am really interested in the cost!

Thanks,Matt (Subscribing)
Old 10-29-2010, 03:41 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by madmatt9471
This could be the answer to what I have been looking for

I am really interested in the cost!

Thanks,Matt (Subscribing)
Cloth seat - $699
Leather or Leather/Suede seat- $899
Power Lumbar Option - $139
Sub Belt Slot - TBD
Old 10-29-2010, 04:19 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

How much longer until your prototype is covered? I am patiently waiting to see how this turns out before deciding what to do about seats.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:00 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 7LitreC5
How much longer until your prototype is covered? I am patiently waiting to see how this turns out before deciding what to do about seats.
See the top picture in post 47!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:20 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Doh, thanks.

Originally Posted by arizen
See the top picture in post 47!
Old 10-29-2010, 10:22 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

We can also add logos from Autographz. We have had excellent success instaling their logos for over 8 years. Some samples are below. Logos would be $39 per seat.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:48 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

We completed a seat with a 2-tone cloth cover. I'll try to get better pictures later.
We will likely wait until we make a leather cover to take more pictures. We will install a logo as well. There are a few small tweaks we plan to make. Since this is SEMA week we will not get back to work on this until next week sometime.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:26 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Below is a photo of our seat conversion in leather. It has a sub belt opening as well. We will have a picture with a logo soon.

We will be making a limited number of these in December and they will be produced based on when deposits are received. To make the seats we need the bottom seat frame and foam and the cables from the seat back. I can send photos explaining if needed. We recommend changing the bottom foam if it is worn. Standard pricing is listed below but if two seats are being purchased we will determine pricing based on your order description. We would require a 50% deposit and the balance once completed, which we estimate at four weeks.

Seat in leather - $899
Alcantara inserts - Add $50
Perforated inserts - add $40
Sub belt opening - add $50
Available logos - add $45

Regards,
Mark
Old 11-23-2010, 01:06 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Here's a sample logo.

Some others available are:
Old 11-23-2010, 08:24 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Here's a sample logo.

Some others available are:
And, as shown, we can do custom logos as well.

Get notified of new replies

To New Racing/Custom Seat Option for C5 and C6

Old 11-23-2010, 08:29 PM
road dog
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it. now if you don'tget crazy on the price I'm sure you'll blow them out the door
Old 11-23-2010, 08:33 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by road dog
I like it. now if you don'tget crazy on the price I'm sure you'll blow them out the door
Post 55 listed pricing.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

I find the cloth cover holds you in place much better than leather does. This cloth has a high wear/abrasion rating (375,000 double rubs) so it should be durable and comfortable. We will make them in leather as well.

To make this seat we will need your o/e seat base (frame and foam only, not the rails) and the cable from the seat back for the tilt-forward feature. If you prefer to send the complete seat that is fine. We can disassemble them to get the parts we need; but it will cost you more in shipping. You can see the base and the cable in the back below. You may prefer to change your bottom foam if it is worn.

In cloth the pricing is $699 per seat; in leather or leather/suede $899. We may have to adjust cloth pricing upward if we find we do not sell enough cloth seats to justify buying material in complete rolls. We have the black in stock and can order the tan or grey below when needed. A power lumbar option for the seat back is available for $139. We are working on a sub belt option currently.

I expect seats to take about 4 weeks to produce in the beginning but it should be faster once componets start to be made in advance. I will be sending emails to those who asked to be updated on this seat later today. If you have not provided you email and are interested in ordering, please contact me at mark@arizenracingsports.com. I will personally discuss your options and answers questions you may have. You can also provide a phone number where I can reach you for those (like me) who wish to avoid typing.
If you guys can figure out how to do a "core charge" concept to allow folks to not lose use of their car for a month, it might increase sales. It would only require you to invest in (junkyards, perhaps?) a few seat bottoms to get started...

I am very interested in the black cloth seats once (if????) the economy turns around...

Quick Reply: New Racing/Custom Seat Option for C5 and C6