Sponsored by:

JWM Projector Lights- Lower Opening Version- Thread 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 03:21 PM
cw9949
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your lights

I am new to this forum. I bought my 2001 C5 from Joe Apuzzo in New York. He showed me your forum and explained the development of these great lights.

Have you completed your testing and begun production?
Regards,
Charlie

Originally Posted by JW@JWMotoring.com
If you're not familiar with these check out this thread http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...hread-2-a.html

Project "Sun Guns"

Updates:

1. We still need to develop the shroud. No ETA on them yet.

2. We have at least 5 CF members with these lights (or soon to have them) to complete some beta testing. We want no QC issues with these.

3. We have a minor setback with the motor designs throughout the C5 run causing problems with the mount frames. We should have that fixed.

4. We're still shooting for a high $700 price tag with 55 watt HID kits.

Question- When will they be ready????

The truth is we don't know 100% yet. You have plenty of time to save

We will post up when they're 100% ready. We want to iron out all problems before offering them to the public.

These will be the best lights out there for the C5 based on the quality, price, and light output they will provide.

Pics:

Old 02-27-2014, 02:23 AM
Jistari
Safety Car

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Hey Charlie, glad to see you finally got here

If you look back a few pages you'll see that they're waiting on the shrouds (the CF formed surrounds for the projectors). When those are received from the outsourced vendor this thread will close and there will be a link for a new thread that will be for the group buy.

The lights, ballasts, brackets, harnesses and projectors (everything but the shrouds) have been pretty much finalized for a long while, the install is straight forward and the lights work great....just waiting on the last component (the shrouds are not done in house by the kit maker, that's whats holding us up).

Glad to see you safely arrived here, lotta good folks and good info here.

Guys/gals, this is Charlie (another Chief from the job we both retired from), he is enjoying the hell out of my car

Still watching
Old 02-27-2014, 12:08 PM
mtndv8
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default yes and yes... Thanks Joe!

Originally Posted by cw9949
I am new to this forum. I bought my 2001 C5 from Joe Apuzzo in New York. He showed me your forum and explained the development of these great lights.

Have you completed your testing and begun production?
Regards,
Charlie
Nice to meet you Chief! If you're driving Joe's C5, you got a VERY well maintained ride! Congrats and welcome!

Here is a few more production pics from the fabricator today. He said he arranged for a temp painter to get the clear coat finished and keep the process moving.
No clear estimate ( and I won't speculate) when I'll be holding a set as of yet but we absolutely continue marching forward...

Old 02-27-2014, 12:13 PM
cw9949
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I am enjoying Joe's vette very much but not lately as the weather has been terrible with a lot of snow and salt. I look forward to being a part of this forum! What is your name?

Originally Posted by mtndv8
Nice to meet you Chief! If you're driving Joe's C5, you got a VERY well maintained ride! Congrats and welcome!

Here is a few more production pics from the fabricator today. He said he arranged for a temp painter to get the clear coat finished and keep the process moving.
No clear estimate ( and I won't speculate) when I'll be holding a set as of yet but we absolutely continue marching forward...

Old 02-27-2014, 02:58 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Just so you know Michael, I called Alan earlier today. I know you may not always hear from me but trust me, im on him all the time about these
Old 02-28-2014, 01:47 PM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Winner

Holy crap *****! Those are looking fabulous Big Kahuna! Big ups brudda
Old 02-28-2014, 08:45 PM
silverbandit
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those lights look awesome and I am patiently waiting for production I have the frog eyes and I'm sick of them lets us know when we can bye them
Old 03-10-2014, 08:06 PM
TheTinMan
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Subscribing because i'm ready to buy lol.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:13 AM
C7LOU
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 69 Posts

Hope to have my car out of storage on April 1, would love to have shrouds to install! Is there any update on progress? Thanks!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:51 AM
mtndv8
Drifting

Hi Lou.

Been working at getting mine down off the jack stands too.

We did some box sizing with raw sets last week and l emailed a couple return shipping labels. I hope something similar (but better packed) to this is headed my way tomorrow...

As soon as I have shipping confirmation I'll let you know and as soon a sufficient number are in my hand I'll post more pictures and let JW know were ready.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:41 PM
C7LOU
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 69 Posts

Hi Lou.

We did some box sizing with raw sets last week and l emailed a couple return shipping labels. I hope something similar (but better packed) to this is headed my way tomorrow...

As soon as I have shipping confirmation I'll let you know and as soon a sufficient number are in my hand I'll post more pictures and let JW know were ready.

Super - thanks!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:12 AM
nvusgt
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 104 Posts

Oh man there doesn't look like a whole lot of them for the first round. If I don't get in on this group buy, I seriously hope there's at least one more. I mean I've got until Jan next year before I'm back in country so there's some time, but fingers crossed I don't miss this opportunity.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:45 PM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Winner

Hi Lou.

Must finish wifey's honey do list!
Old 03-18-2014, 05:52 PM
mtndv8
Drifting

Default Thanks! But...

Originally Posted by tbrent
Must finish wifey's honey do list!

...you should do that regardless, my brother!

Say hi to Lynda for us...
Old 03-18-2014, 08:14 PM
PeteZ06
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Just out of curiousity....

It looks like at most maybe 10 sets are being made for the first run...

Are these being reserved for the people that are already running your projector lights?

Is there a waiting list that has been started?
Old 03-18-2014, 08:56 PM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Winner

...you should do that regardless, my brother!

Say hi to Lynda for us...
haha! My man. I told Lynda as I was tenderizing chicken breasts for her to use in supper She says we should talk more often so I can learn more.. Choppin wood brudda:! Tell Patricia we said hello as well buddy!
Old 03-19-2014, 03:18 PM
mtndv8
Drifting

Default I keep marching forward...

Originally Posted by PeteZ06
Just out of curiousity....

It looks like at most maybe 10 sets are being made for the first run...

Are these being reserved for the people that are already running your projector lights?

Is there a waiting list that has been started?
Hi Pete!
Good question and one DQ brought up earlier in the thread this winter. Sorry if I/we neglected to address it.
After a few emails back and forth with some beta testers and JW as well as giving this a lot of thought I feel that those who've purchased and been running these lights deserve first shot. JW please chime in if you're thinking of something different, as well as those who want to share their thoughts...

I'd wouldn't mind hearing from both current owners and future/potential buyers (some of which have been in contact privately already) but think it should be a pretty universal consensus to complete the sets of those who've been waiting prior to filling new orders. I'm flexible as there may be some who can or want to wait until later in the production for whatever reason, ( I am in that group and will run the prototype shrouds until every one else is covered first.) but in general each owner should have the choice.

I honestly do not know how many sets are coming in the first couple shipments or how quickly the fabricator can turn the molds around, keeping production on any type of regular schedule. Composite "production" seems to be some sort of unversal conspiracy, composite industry secret in order to keep prices at a premium and buyers paying it, which in turn keeps me extremely reluctant to start an official list. However, I did keep a list of all who've originally purchased these "shroudless" and I don't feel it would be too terribly wrong to allocate sets to individuals out of "purchase order" turn, if needed.

I'm open to the discussion both here publicly and privately in pm's or emails and as I've done with much of this project I'll follow as much as possible both the vendor and group wishes...

Originally Posted by tbrent
haha! My man. I told Lynda as I was tenderizing chicken breasts for her to use in supper She says we should talk more often so I can learn more.. Choppin wood brudda:! Tell Patricia we said hello as well buddy!
...couldn't resist my friend.

Get notified of new replies

To JWM Projector Lights- Lower Opening Version- Thread 3

Old 03-19-2014, 03:41 PM
GoldenFlame
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd even take just the lights now and wait on the shrouds later if you want to give them the first option.. Was hoping to have these before my trip to Florida in April
Old 03-19-2014, 03:56 PM
PeteZ06
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by GoldenFlame
I'd even take just the lights now and wait on the shrouds later if you want to give them the first option.. Was hoping to have these before my trip to Florida in April
Same here...

Do you currently sell the projector kit... and later I can just add the shroud?

And if or when you start a list.. please make sure to place me on it.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:41 PM
mtndv8
Drifting

Default Jhonathan. You were right, I was wrong.

Originally Posted by GoldenFlame
Originally Posted by PeteZ06
Same here...

Do you currently sell the projector kit... and later I can just add the shroud?

And if or when you start a list.. please make sure to place me on it.

I've been really reluctant to do that again, for a couple reasons, mostly because I was having a real issue getting shrouds made. That is happening now, albeit slowly.

JW, I'm open to it and will leave it up to you and the group...

Quick Reply: JWM Projector Lights- Lower Opening Version- Thread 3