Sponsored by:

[Z06] Got my vehicle service at the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:23 AM
ivan84gt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that is ridiculous

Unscrewing a plug, draining and refilling doesn't cost a 500 dollars. I don't care if its a $500K lambo, a corvette or a corolla.

I understand paying a bit for a mechanical repair where knowledge, proper tools and working conditions might be needed but an oil change!

On a platform it takes 5 minutes to change motor oil, 10 to change trans fluid and 10 to change the differential. The longest part of this whole job was waiting for the fluid to drain. In my driveway this would have taken me 40-45 minutes using ramps.

Even if they over charged you horribly for the fluids (which dealers always do) they still charged you a horrible labor charge.

Think about it, mobile 1 @ $12/qt = $84, lets say trans and differential fluid is about $60 each. Fluids are still only about $200. Which means the charged you $274 for 30 minutes worth of work. Lets say the guy was very slow and actually took an entire hour to change your fluids. $274/hr is insane for an oil change.

I wouldn't waste money on something so trivial as an oil change. If you don't have conditions or don't know how to do it. Take it to any decent shop, buy the oil your self and take it to them. Ask them to put the oil you brought and watch them to make sure they do it. Spend the money on more important things .... good tires, mods, etc.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Got my vehicle service at the dealer