Sponsored by:

[Z06] Driving with Idiots

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 09:59 PM
NatB
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Driving with Idiots

Does anyone else notice that when driving your Z06 it seems everyone else is either trying to race you or cut you off?

When I drive my SUV - I don't get this. But when in my Z06 I feel like I am a target for idiots on the road.

Maybe it's time to make an appointment with a Z06 Therapist

Last edited by NatB; 06-20-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Never Late
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a kid today in a jeep cherokee (not srt8) following pretty close i was doing 40-45 in a 35 and at the light his lane goes only left and mine straight needless to say light turned green he took off and swerved into my lane to go straight...pretty lame if you ask me. so i followed him blew past him on the left (deserted road of course) and he put a "peace sign" up...in my book that kids a loser, no need for being a douche, and could have endangered people in the intersection. Normally though i dont have issues with people while i drive my z
Old 06-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Z06 Pack
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People follow me to my house sometimes and I just keep taking right hand turns and going around in a square until they go away.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:24 PM
James92
Burning Brakes

the motorcycles always want to race me on the freeway. It's early in the a.m when I'm on my way to work so, sometimes I happily do the 6th to 3rd downshift and catch them so off guard they don't even try to catch me
Old 06-21-2010, 12:08 AM
BIGBYRD1993
Drifting

Cruise-In XI, XII Veteran
NCM Lifetime Member & Ambassador

And I thought it only Happened to Me !!!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Bench Racer
200+
Support Corvetteforum!

same here! I had a guy in a c6 vert almost side swipe me in a turn on the service road today when he thought he would show off and pass me up on the the inside then flew me the bird after because he was a douche-canoe..
Old 06-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Texan1Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From time to time, yes. Not always, THANKFULLY. It seems like it is usually some random guy in a Dodge 4dr fullsize truck that will either keep me from passing by blocking me in,..... on a 2 lane hwy by staying even with the car in front of me and trying to not let me pass.......you know the......

" I was content to do 65mph, but then I saw the z06 and I'm going to slightly speed up and keep you from passing me, but I'm going to make it look casual like I'm not doing it on purpose, type of shiit."

I try and ignore these type of guys (they strike me as a guy who has a wife that won't let them get a vette or viper and so they hate anyone with a vette or viper) ..

Sometimes it's the douche in a ricer or mustang.

Every now and again, when safe to do, I will downshift and drop the hammer and leave them in my dust........

When I'm in my G-sedan, lowered on 19" OEM coupe forged rays wheels and factory nismo aero-kit--I get all the bmw 3 series, acura tl boys and similar type cars trying to mess with me. (pic is in my profile).

In my wife's suv, I don't really notice a thing--I think I will make that my dd in a few years........

Last edited by Texan1Z06; 06-21-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:31 AM
-DLS-
Instructor

Today I had a bike, 350z, a honda accord, and some beamer *** try to race me.

Well the beamer *** actually did a loser flyby thinking he was hot ****. I usually just ignore everyone but the beamer *** pissed me off so I shifted into 2nd and his *** was gone. Another time I stopped at a red light in the middle of the night, and a beamer SUV that was behind me got mad at me, he then turned into the 2nd lane and blew the red. I still don't even know what that was about. *sorry i stop for red lights I guess

But yea, I get mean mugged and tried to race daily.

Surprisingly the riced hondas, 240's, and even mustang's don't do it at all (everything you expect) but Volkswagons do it the worst (what you don't expect.)

Last edited by -DLS-; 06-21-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:48 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This is very common and you'll notice this topic comes up three times a month. It's just one of those annoyances that come up while driving a Corvette.

The best way to deal with it is tell the guy you still are breaking in the new v6 or that your muffler bearings are shot. Most of the time they don't know much about cars because they obviously don't know your car is a Corvette, otherwise they'd give up while they're ahead.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:51 AM
-DLS-
Instructor

sandbagging people on the highway, then pulling hardcore style is the most fun I ever had tho.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:34 AM
garage-ghost
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most of the time they just want to see you get on it. The best thing you can do is to just smile then ignore them, they will go away. I don’t ever give them what they want by getting on it.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Z0Tex
Pro

Received 329 Likes on 150 Posts

I seem to get a lot of this crap from diesel trucks. They pull up along side of me and then rev a bit or pull up in front of me and rev, always leaving a soot cloud. Of course, I'm always in a position where I have to drive through the soot cloud. Otherwise, I don't get a ton of crap from other kinds of cars though. I guess my exhaust scares a lot of them away.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:21 PM
lander
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by No-Mrcy
I had a kid today in a jeep cherokee (not srt8) following pretty close i was doing 40-45 in a 35 and at the light his lane goes only left and mine straight needless to say light turned green he took off and swerved into my lane to go straight...pretty lame if you ask me. so i followed him blew past him on the left (deserted road of course) and he put a "peace sign" up...in my book that kids a loser, no need for being a douche, and could have endangered people in the intersection. Normally though i dont have issues with people while i drive my z
And yet somehow you don't feel that you were lame and a douche for blowing past him and endangering you and he in the process?

I think there were two losers in the situation you were involved in.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:07 PM
muelledc
Advanced

All they want is to hear the V8 rumble.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:08 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Default Honesty meets Reality

I have to say... politically correctness be Damned....

Anyone who lives in Gwinnett county Georgia (suburb of Atlanta) knows my plight....

Koreans... Korean women especially.

There are Korean magazines and ads in Korean newspapers (overseas) advertising to move to Gwinnett county. They show up and without even speaking English, get a drivers license... because the county is so PC correct is gives the tests in Korean if they can't speak ENGLISH which is what all the signs are printed in...

[They] show up here and are cut loose on the roads.... I am f**king SCARED driving through that mess of a place, especially Pleasant Hill Road where there are entire strip malls with signs written in Korean (not English) ......

What.... the... Hell... are our state and local legislators THINKING by not making driving tests in English, and not requiring a probationary period?

These people are Dangerous, not because of their race, but because they have NO CLUE about how to drive on these roads, especially a busy Atlanta area....

When you have an issue, they are emotionless even though they have just almost ended your life avoiding THEIR mistake.... emotionless!

F- them and the legislators that make them able to put my family at risk!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:40 PM
ZEE0SIX
Instructor

Dwa.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Never Late
Racer

Originally Posted by lander
And yet somehow you don't feel that you were lame and a douche for blowing past him and endangering you and he in the process?

I think there were two losers in the situation you were involved in.
yeah what i did in retaliation can be argued, however initially i was minding my own business like i always do, and that hit me the wrong way. I dont consider my stunt even close to as dangerous as his, as i said it was farther down the road with no one else on it, his was in a busy intersection where cars were coming at us which he dodged to cut me off. To me its a huge diff.

Get notified of new replies

To Driving with Idiots

Old 06-21-2010, 06:15 PM
pql-lbc
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Joshua
I have to say... politically correctness be Damned....

Anyone who lives in Gwinnett county Georgia (suburb of Atlanta) knows my plight....

Koreans... Korean women especially.

There are Korean magazines and ads in Korean newspapers (overseas) advertising to move to Gwinnett county. They show up and without even speaking English, get a drivers license... because the county is so PC correct is gives the tests in Korean if they can't speak ENGLISH which is what all the signs are printed in...

[They] show up here and are cut loose on the roads.... I am f**king SCARED driving through that mess of a place, especially Pleasant Hill Road where there are entire strip malls with signs written in Korean (not English) ......

What.... the... Hell... are our state and local legislators THINKING by not making driving tests in English, and not requiring a probationary period?

These people are Dangerous, not because of their race, but because they have NO CLUE about how to drive on these roads, especially a busy Atlanta area....

When you have an issue, they are emotionless even though they have just almost ended your life avoiding THEIR mistake.... emotionless!

F- them and the legislators that make them able to put my family at risk!

As an non-Korean Asian, I resemble that remark!!!

That is some funny s--t!! Yet so true. Please do away with non-English written tests.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Edmond
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I think Asian women are probably the worse drivers. If I ever went anywhere with my mom or sister, they sure wouldn't be driving!!!

As for me, I just ignore the people, that's what tinted windows and sitting back do for you.

What? You're going to have to speak up because I can't hear you over the awesomeness of the Z06.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:14 PM
lander
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by No-Mrcy
yeah what i did in retaliation can be argued, however initially i was minding my own business like i always do, and that hit me the wrong way. I dont consider my stunt even close to as dangerous as his, as i said it was farther down the road with no one else on it, his was in a busy intersection where cars were coming at us which he dodged to cut me off. To me its a huge diff.
To everyone else it was the same thing...a stupid stunt. You're the type of driver that gives other Corvette owners the bad rep that we sometimes have.

I get taunted daily at stop lights, from ricers to GT's. I ignore them and the stupid things they do because that's the right thing to do.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Driving with Idiots