Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It Never gets old

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 08:17 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Old thread but just as true today as ever.

My car has more paparazzi than Paris Hilton..... just saying. Girls and guys will hang out their vehicles windows to video and get photos of it going down the highway. You get the typical comments...Awesome, Beautiful, Gorgeous, _________ insert any of the words..Car! Then follow up with "Can I take a picture?" "Wanna trade for mine?' Girls ask to take a ride in it, even in front of their boyfriends. The car get's asked to be in parades, photo shoots for the local charity or whatever. It's pretty much the most awesome car to own. It gets invited to most any car show in the area. So E.T. and the rest of GM's team that helped bring this car into the real world certainly hit a home run.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:36 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,688 Likes on 1,487 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

I have a simple rule I live by. The day I stop looking back after parking my C5 vert, is the day I sell it. I don't see that happening any time soon.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:47 AM
BobbyC5
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Great thread. I doubt that any other car could have this effect on its' owner. It's not just a car, for most of us it's a promise we made to ourselves as children that we kept. It represents so much more than transportation. You've got to have one to understand it.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:10 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,813 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

The one thing we could have never anticipated was that the original design has lent itself to subtle changes, which keep the concept alive but easily move it ahead and keep it relevant even after two generations have taken its place.

There are so many nice C5's in this forum. Their custom designs are only limited by their owner's imagination. the WOW factor seems to be built into the DNA of the original design.. The magic comes through the imagination of the owner. I think the community here in the Corvette forum, helps top draw out the imagination of members here to push the envelope of design.

Thanks to all those contributing to this thread, and all those who have read many of the posts, and added their own.

Bill aka ET

Quick Reply: It Never gets old