Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just finished converting my 99 FRC into a Z06 Clone

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:16 AM
CJDZ24_Z28
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lose the badges. Also were you just in need of a new motor or did you go thru getting a new engine just because it was a original Z06 motor? Nice car but alot of work to make a clone
Old 04-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by coanan
GM took the FRC and made the Z06, so the Z06 is a clone of the FRC. LOL If it was good enough for GM to do why not the general public.

Now that's a REALLY GOOD post !!

And SO true !
Old 04-06-2010, 09:20 AM
danziger
Team Owner

Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Nice. I would lose the badges as well, but at least you didn't put them on a coupe or 'vert.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:02 AM
kikker_1999
Racer

Originally Posted by madchevy559
The fact of the matter is, negative comments or not, I am going to drive the heck of what I created. I am going to enjoy it to the fullest.
I'm not going to be buried six feet under with the damn thing, so I am going to do what it was made for and enjoy it. I am not here to discuss politics, I am here to discuss a corvette topic with fellow corvette owners and show everyone what type of hobby I was interested in. The joy of remembering driving this car 215 miles home bone stock, to now hitting full throttle with z06 performance just makes it much more sweeter, and most definitively priceless. For the naysayers, you can say what you want, but you can't take the fact that I ENJOYED CHANGING MY CAR!!
Like I said before.. NICE WORK.... Too Many Opinions here!!! Now for the important questions!! Where do you cruise it?? I went to Bentley's last year, but I heard they closed it!!!! I met the President of the Fresno Vette Club there, SO where do you cruise it now??? I would love to check it out!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:15 AM
madchevy559
Instructor

Originally Posted by kikker_1999
Like I said before.. NICE WORK.... Too Many Opinions here!!! Now for the important questions!! Where do you cruise it?? I went to Bentley's last year, but I heard they closed it!!!! I met the President of the Fresno Vette Club there, SO where do you cruise it now??? I would love to check it out!!!
I've really only cruised it out of town, mostly around san luis obispo. Sometimes I stop by at Chubby's, there's alot of car enthusiast over there.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:16 AM
madchevy559
Instructor

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
lose the badges. Also were you just in need of a new motor or did you go thru getting a new engine just because it was a original Z06 motor? Nice car but alot of work to make a clone
I got the z06 engine, then sold the ls1 motor to a buddy of mine who wanted it for a project.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:24 AM
CKSIX
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Argent C5
Don't lecture me on economics. The OP got low mileage Z06 performance and looks for a high mileage FRC price. It's called sweat equity -- just like fixing up your house. I just hope unlike a house he depreciates the heck out of it 50 miles at a time. He built a Z06 clone which will do everything a stock Z06 will do except carry an elitist in the driver's seat. And probably for much less than you paid. Must really frost you, eh?

You modded your car to get more performance, plus added C6 Z06 wheels and halo taillights -- what type of wannabe does that make you? Seriously, you make no sense and come off like an old pr!ck.
lol, Are you suggesting that all Z06 owners that don't think its right to badge a modded FRC a Z06 an Elitist? Your out there buddy. As far as frosting me, lol, I could care less what he paid, or how much he spent during his modding. CARS ARE NOT EQUITY, THEY LOSE VALUE ONCE YOU BUY THEM, AND CONTINUE TO DO SO NOT MATTER HOW MUCH YOU MOD THEM. His FRC is worth no more than what book value is on an FRC or what someone wants to pay for it. I proabably paid more for my Z06 than I should have, but I was ok with it.

I don't know how you can call me out as a wannabe when I have nothing more than a modded C5 Z06. I see you have a 99 coupe with Z06 motorsports on. I'm sure they look great on your ride. All, I'm saying is Z06 badges on a modded FRC is lame. I've told the OP his car looks great. Your the Pr!ck that opened his mouth and made this thread even more entertaining to read. Good on ya buddy. Oh by the way, I'm a young Pr!ck
Old 04-06-2010, 11:11 AM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Toque
Very nice job, and I give you cudo's for going the extra steps to clone the Z06 (engine, interior, wheels, drivetrain, etc...). We hard Top guys (99-04) need to stick together...

Toque
Old 04-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

I got the z06 engine, then sold the ls1 motor to a buddy of mine who wanted it for a project.
First off, great job on your car. Looks great !

And you just turned on the light bulb in my head !!

When I do my engine swap... I can use my LS1 in my FRC for my 69 Camaro SS / Z-28 project !!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:38 AM
madchevy559
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sinister-one
First off, great job on your car. Looks great !

And you just turned on the light bulb in my head !!

When I do my engine swap... I can use my LS1 in my FRC for my 69 Camaro SS / Z-28 project !!
Yeah, he's planning on putting into a chevelle. He found a guy in northern california that has experience swapping ls engines into old schools, If you do swap it into a camaro, please post pictures. That would look great.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:14 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Great idea. Post up some pics if you do that.

Btw, just remember though, If you go back in your FRC with anything but a stock engine, you're going to have to fade the heat from the haters in the Y-Body AND the F-Body crowds.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by CKSIX
lol, Are you suggesting that all Z06 owners that don't think its right to badge a modded FRC a Z06 an Elitist? YES! Your out there buddy. As far as frosting me, lol, I could care less what he paid, or how much he spent during his modding. COULDA FOOLED ME! CARS ARE NOT EQUITY, THEY LOSE VALUE ONCE YOU BUY THEM, AND CONTINUE TO DO SO NOT MATTER HOW MUCH YOU MOD THEM. DUH! His FRC is worth no more than what book value is on an FRC or what someone wants to pay for it. NOT TRUE -- IF HE KEEPS IT A WHILE HE HAS ADDED TREMENDOUS UTILITY (ECON 301-- PROBABLY BEYOND YOU) TO THE CAR -- ITS PERSONAL EQUITY WHICH HE CAN THEN "SPEND" BY DRIVING IT) I proabably paid more for my Z06 than I should have, but I was ok with it.

I don't know how you can call me out as a wannabe when I have nothing more than a modded C5 Z06. MY POINT WAS, AND IS, THE OP IS NO MORE A "WANNABE" THAN YOU I see you have a 99 coupe with Z06 motorsports on. I'm sure they look great on your ride. LOL GOOD ONE RODNEY -- BUT, I BOUGHT IT THAT WAY AND I LIKE THEM SO I'M KEEPING THEM All, I'm saying is Z06 badges on a modded FRC is lame. NOT WHEN HE BUILT A Z06 (EXCEPT FOR A COUPLE MEANINGLESS DETAILS) THEY'RE NOT I've told the OP his car looks great. Your the Pr!ck that opened his mouth and made this thread even more entertaining to read. Good on ya buddy. Oh by the way, I'm a young Pr!ck DIDN'T SAY YOU WEREN'T, BUT YOU STILL COME OFF LIKE AN OLD ONE...
Calling someone a wannabe for no reason is why I came down on you. Don't tell me I "started" anything...
Old 04-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Bullet Proof
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Yeah, he's planning on putting into a chevelle. He found a guy in northern california that has experience swapping ls engines into old schools, If you do swap it into a camaro, please post pictures. That would look great.
Originally Posted by LoneStarFRC
Great idea. Post up some pics if you do that.

Btw, just remember though, If you go back in your FRC with anything but a stock engine, you're going to have to fade the heat from the haters in the Y-Body AND the F-Body crowds.
I'll post pics when i begin the project and during.... LS motors are the wave of the future.

And what goes back in the FRC WON'T be stock, but a 427 !
Old 04-08-2010, 10:35 AM
CKSIX
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Argent C5
Calling someone a wannabe for no reason is why I came down on you. Don't tell me I "started" anything...
Go back and look what I posted, I stated he his FRC is a wannabe Z06. I said nothing about the owner being a wannabe. Who's the A$$ now. Words me something buddy. LOL, all Z06 owners are elitist. You should post that on the Z06 postings. I'm sure you would make lots of friends.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:11 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I'll post pics when i begin the project and during.... LS motors are the wave of the future.

And what goes back in the FRC WON'T be stock, but a 427 !
Coolness!

Tip: Do what Leno did on his wannabe C6 Z06 and make it a wet sump 427. Lots more practical for a street car and less expensive too. He's not too worried about Z06 snob elitists either.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Black96WS6
Instructor

You forgot something else the z06 has that the FRC doesn't (unless I just missed it or you just threw it in with the drivetrain\engine):

The Z has the lighter Titanium exhaust.

Did you grab that from the wrecked Z as well?

Get notified of new replies

To Just finished converting my 99 FRC into a Z06 Clone

Old 04-08-2010, 01:07 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It's really a shame there's so many people on this forum that can't just be happy that another Corvette owner has made their Corvette more enjoyable.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:10 PM
WarpedZ06
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
It's really a shame there's so many people on this forum that can't just be happy that another Corvette owner has made their Corvette more enjoyable.
It's the internet. Be prepared to cut your way in and shoot your way out.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:56 AM
madchevy559
Instructor

Originally Posted by Black96WS6
You forgot something else the z06 has that the FRC doesn't (unless I just missed it or you just threw it in with the drivetrain\engine):

The Z has the lighter Titanium exhaust.

Did you grab that from the wrecked Z as well?
I have it, but I decided to go with b&b bullets, liked the sound better.

Quick Reply: Just finished converting my 99 FRC into a Z06 Clone