Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To duct or not to duct

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Bill Vett
Safety Car

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

I guess you could say it's like BSM, some like them and others think the smoothe look is better. Bottom line is it's his decision and his car. I still think no BSM and no ducts look best
Old 02-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Joshua
Then what's the point of keeping the body stock (plain jane) if the entire car is going to be modded anyway? At that point it's not a low mile unmolested car... so it's not the pick-of-the-litter a million years from now anyways when it might be worth a dime not counting all the inflation.

I'm just suprised (actually I'm not) at the hypocritical nature playing into other's hands... guys say to leave it stock (don't cut) when you're totally modding the car anyway... and then YOU yourself bought the parts and now are selling them just because some others said it looks good as a plain jane.

This whole thread is pointless.
No, I purchsed the ducts with the intent to install them, but then I just couldn't see myself cutting up my car. If that panel were easily replaceable I would have purchased the body panel as well, but it's not.

And if this thread is pointless to you, then kindly stay the hell out of it.

Last edited by Sinister-one; 02-24-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:43 PM
ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

I added them, not for the z06 look but because they do work and before I had my Carbon brakes put on I did notice they help cut down on brake dust. If that helps.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:55 PM
itzza427
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Then what's the point of keeping the body stock (plain jane) if the entire car is going to be modded anyway? At that point it's not a low mile unmolested car... so it's not the pick-of-the-litter a million years from now anyways when it might be worth a dime not counting all the inflation.

I'm just suprised (actually I'm not) at the hypocritical nature playing into other's hands... guys say to leave it stock (don't cut) when you're totally modding the car anyway... and then YOU yourself bought the parts and now are selling them just because some others said it looks good as a plain jane.

Jeez,,who pee'd in your kool-aid!! I do believe that most folks know that FRC's are not going to be rolling across the Barrette-Jackson stage in the foreseeable future.More the idea that #1 it is NOT a Z06,,why cut it up and make it look like a fake Z. #2 It IS kinda cool having a car that is just a little different the way it is. I DO appreciate the fact that there are not a lot of them,,and enjoy that fact. You can add big motor,,supercharger/turbo,gears and what ever,,but it still is and looks like an FRC. I only expressed my opinion that the ducts just make it look like a fake Z06. I did not attack the OP. He asked for and I gave an opinion,,and points to ponder before cutting into a somewhat unique car. I figure with the prices nowadays,,if you want a Z,,,buy a Z!!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

well put !

Thanks bud.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Mike99FRC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Torch Red FRC. I recently bought the whole rear brake duct kit. I don't have the guts to do it myself. I'm having a body shop do it. I just think they look good on FRC's too. I have the front screens and I'm getting Z51 emblems soon too. I really wanted a ZO6 but could not afford it when I bought my car. Since I have a family, trading up for a ZO6 is not an option for me. So I figured to give it the look I do the rear ducts and Z51 emblems NOT ZO6 emblems that would be a poser the way I see it. In ur case it's ur car so do what u feel is best for u.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,413 Likes on 613 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Your replies certainly are pointless..... That's for sure.

NOW, let's see if you come back in here to this "pointless thread" If you do, let us know why you've returned....
Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 AM
corvettepete
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the rear Z06 brake ducts look great - especially on coupes. Am having the full working duct setup installed on my black '99 coupe today. Can't wait.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:44 AM
04 commemorative
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

like the look on verts too......
Old 02-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Red3644
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Scoops & Ducts

In down the street in Leon Valley with a white 99 FRC. I think the scoop and ducts are 99% looks, 1% functionality...and I like the looks and smooth simplicity of the FRCs. I would say leave it alone. I have to leave mine alone as it's a one of a kind ANTARCTIC white.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Red3644
In down the street in Leon Valley with a white 99 FRC. I think the scoop and ducts are 99% looks, 1% functionality...and I like the looks and smooth simplicity of the FRCs. I would say leave it alone. I have to leave mine alone as it's a one of a kind ANTARCTIC white.
Nice !

And since you're down the street, why is it i've never seen your car around ?

Please don't tell me it's a 'garage queen'.

We need to meet up some time and shoot the breeze.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
99 VET
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Oldtimer
St. Jude Donor '13

Hey it's your vette. I own a '99 FRC & I would not do that mod but again it's your baby. As pointed out the FRC was only produced two yrs 1999 & 2000. Enjoy yours whichever way you go...
Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 99 VET
Hey it's your vette. I own a '99 FRC & I would not do that mod but again it's your baby. As pointed out the FRC was only produced two yrs 1999 & 2000. Enjoy yours whichever way you go...
it's staying as is.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:28 PM
itzza427
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettepete
I think the rear Z06 brake ducts look great - especially on coupes. Am having the full working duct setup installed on my black '99 coupe today. Can't wait.
I think they look good on verts and coupes too!!They look good on Z06's as well,,IMO it just spoils the distinction of an FRC. It is the LACK of the little badges and the ducts that set it apart from the Z !! Just my opinion,,and I'm old enough (and mature enough) to know that my opinion and a few bucks will get me a cup of coffee!! I t is a free country,,and on can do as they wish with their car. Hell,,even Sinister can ask for opinions ,,and use them to make up or change his mind!! Again,,,IMO this thread was NOT pointless,,a LOT of opinions were expressed,,,and I found it entertaining to read them!! These are the main purposes of the forum,,,a place to seek help,,get opinions,,give opinions,,and get information!!! This is all a form of entertainment!! Even Joshua is entitled to his opinion,,even if it is kind of negative!! Ok,Ok,,putting the soap box away!! Have a good day all!!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 PM
WHEW64
Instructor

Don't do it. Only thing I did to my 99 was BSM removal, looks much cleaner.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by itzza427
I think they look good on verts and coupes too!!They look good on Z06's as well,,IMO it just spoils the distinction of an FRC. It is the LACK of the little badges and the ducts that set it apart from the Z !! Just my opinion,,and I'm old enough (and mature enough) to know that my opinion and a few bucks will get me a cup of coffee!! I t is a free country,,and on can do as they wish with their car. Hell,,even Sinister can ask for opinions ,,and use them to make up or change his mind!! Again,,,IMO this thread was NOT pointless,,a LOT of opinions were expressed,,,and I found it entertaining to read them!! These are the main purposes of the forum,,,a place to seek help,,get opinions,,give opinions,,and get information!!! This is all a form of entertainment!! Even Joshua is entitled to his opinion,,even if it is kind of negative!! Ok,Ok,,putting the soap box away!! Have a good day all!!

Great points ! And thank you very much for your input !
Old 04-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Tastee Twirl
LIFE IS SHORT HAVE FUN
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Please no cutting the lines are perfect. http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/...vette/car3.jpg

Last edited by Tastee Twirl; 04-13-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: picture

Quick Reply: To duct or not to duct