Old 02-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,121 Likes on 994 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacks2002
It's "our" not "are" by the way.

Just saying . . .
And it's "know" not "no".

Sometimes I get a headache trying to figure out what guys are trying to say.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:21 PM
ukester
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 167 Likes on 93 Posts

wukyone caught live on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-q_hcJs-xI
Old 02-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Bronk
Pro

Received 225 Likes on 140 Posts

Poster's composition and grammar skills aside, the reason some people don't share the same enthusiasm about a specific ride is PASSION!!
Those of us who own Corvettes are true "Vette Nuts" and believe that we made the best decision when buying that special American sports car - end of discussion as far as we are concerned. That being said, this same dedication that we express over our cars are held just as passionately by owners of other makes and models. Granted there are those who may harbor feelings of jealously or some other personality "disorder" where they become intent on making themselves feel superior by attempting to make us feel inferior for owning a Corvette, but we are on to them. In the end it comes down to individual preference/s and the dedicated passion that goes with the ownership. Just think what it would be like if our wives/girlfriends all looked the same!!

Happy Motoring Bronk
Old 02-10-2010, 05:39 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Hey! Jealousy!

They are totally two different worlds apart - I have seen quite a few at the track and quite frankly from a direct view (that is from my rear view mirror) - They are slow, they are way heavy, "BUT"...

They are nice and for a 4 door sedan they have a respectable power but not even in the same catagory - I'd rather compare it to the Cadillac CTSV, with the Caddy be a front runner.

Don't loose sleep just enjoy the Vette

Thanks,Matt
Old 02-10-2010, 05:55 PM
MATT-X
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by wukyone
Now who's talking trash.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:20 PM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by blacksedan87
It is possible for car guys to get along - you just have to start hanging with a more grown up crowd. In our shop - we are primarily a Corvette shop (about 90%, I'd guess.) But - I see a lot of different stuff like SRT Challengers, SRT4's, Mustangs, Lightnings, Buick Grand Nationals - heck we even had a chopped custom '49 Merc in today. We're starting to see a Camaros - we've done H/C on a 3K mile 2010 2SS Camaro.

Everyone treats everyone else with respect - and asks questions about the other cars. I don't have to necessarily like those other vehicles or aspire to own one - but maturity dictates that you respect another man's choice of ride.

I wouldn't let the immature get to you - just shrug your shoulders, say "Whatever...." and walk away.

Couldn't have said it better.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Johnny_B_Good
Safety Car

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I was an owner of a 300c srt8 for 3 years and also a 300c forum member and last october I bought a 2002 supercharged zo6. So I decided to sell the 300c because it was slow compared to the vette and it got boring after awhile. So I posted a thread on the 300c web site on how I felt about the 300c and the minute I mentioned the word slow, all the vette haters chimed in.What is with these guys. All I did was voice my opinion about the car and bam I hate the vette crowd comes out. Can't all car guys get along.
This is a joke…right? You went on the 300C site and called their babies ugly…..what did you expect ? You got to be kidding.....right?
Old 02-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Blu Angel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're gonna love the CF community!

Be sure to plan on attending a Corvette event in 2010
and just watch and listen to the mutual respect Corvette owners
have for each other.

If other folk are a little jealous, so be it!
Don't fret it and remember to save the wave!

Old 02-10-2010, 07:04 PM
andrewdonald1
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksedan87
It is possible for car guys to get along - you just have to start hanging with a more grown up crowd. In our shop - we are primarily a Corvette shop (about 90%, I'd guess.) But - I see a lot of different stuff like SRT Challengers, SRT4's, Mustangs, Lightnings, Buick Grand Nationals - heck we even had a chopped custom '49 Merc in today. We're starting to see a Camaros - we've done H/C on a 3K mile 2010 2SS Camaro.

Everyone treats everyone else with respect - and asks questions about the other cars. I don't have to necessarily like those other vehicles or aspire to own one - but maturity dictates that you respect another man's choice of ride.

I wouldn't let the immature get to you - just shrug your shoulders, say "Whatever...." and walk away.

Well said.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:36 PM
wukyone
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny_B_Good
This is a joke…right? You went on the 300C site and called their babies ugly…..what did you expect ? You got to be kidding.....right?
I would like to know where on any of the threads that I have posted where I made reference to the car being ugly. The sore thumb comment was about OUR beloved corvette,not the 300c.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:40 PM
SSWEET
Race Director

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

I was an owner of a 300c srt8 for 3 years and also a 300c forum member and last october I bought a 2002 supercharged zo6. So I decided to sell the 300c because it was slow compared to the vette and it got boring after awhile. So I posted a thread on the 300c web site on how I felt about the 300c and the minute I mentioned the word slow, all the vette haters chimed in.What is with these guys. All I did was voice my opinion about the car and bam I hate the vette crowd comes out. Can't all car guys get along.

Ask them to show you their 1953 300C..............
Old 02-10-2010, 08:31 PM
wukyone
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MATT-X
Seriously? Have you tried to read this trash you've written? I'd venture to guess that this is merely one of the reasons you get no respect...
I would like to know why you have a problem with the thread that I have posted. Please explain to me why it was trash,and if the criticism is just, I will be happy to make an apology to you and the other forum members. Sorry I did not proof read my thread before posting and using a wrong word out of context. I guess I should be aware of the grammar police. Will be looking forward to hearing from you and putting me in my place.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

I would like to know why you have a problem with the thread that I have posted. Please explain to me why it was trash,and if the criticism is just, I will be happy to make an apology to you and the other forum members. Sorry I did not proof read my thread before posting and using a wrong word out of context. I guess I should be aware of the grammar police. Will be looking forward to hearing from you and putting me in my place.
No offense, but when you use blatantly incorrect grammar in the title of you thread you look like a Moron.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:49 PM
molten vett
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You were on a 300c forum calling their cars slow? What did you expect?
Your basically sh****ng on the car that they drive and love. It would be the same here if you went and bought a Viper and said the C5 was slow. You would get your share of Viper haters.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:04 PM
wukyone
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vega$Vette
No offense, but when you use blatantly incorrect grammar in the title of you thread you look like a Moron.
It was not blatant.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

It was not blatant.
I exaggerate.

Get notified of new replies

To why do are cars get no respect?

Old 02-10-2010, 09:14 PM
oakvillec5
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd venture to say that there are not too many 300 lovers on this site!
I had one for two years, I could not wait to get rid of it, thank goodness it was a company car that I turn in every 24 months.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 PM
cnd_beancounter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also own a vette and a 300c... they are completely different beasts. 300 is the best car I've ever owned for long road trips period.

I should note that they have lx (300/charger/magnums) in the 9's now. I would not call that slow by any means.

With that said... its the vette that I think about driving... its a drivers car.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 PM
209TIME!!!
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu Angel
You're gonna love the CF community!

Be sure to plan on attending a Corvette event in 2010
and just watch and listen to the mutual respect Corvette owners
have for each other.

there are a lot of vette owners on this forum that are very critical of other peoples vettes,because they step out of line and try something different.......

Quick Reply: why do are cars get no respect?