Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post pics and specs for your Lingenfelter Corvettes!

Old 12-02-2009, 05:34 PM
aeronos
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Post pics and specs for your Lingenfelter Corvettes!

Hi All,

So I recently built a website to showcase Lingenfelter Project Cars:
http://www.lingenfeltercorvette.net/

I'm hoping to recruit Lingenfelter owners to post up some pics and info that can be placed on the site.

I've already posted a few sample cars here:
http://www.lingenfeltercorvette.net/...-corvettes.php

The 'other' cars are placeholders. I grabbed some of the placeholder pics from this site so apologies if I took your car I'm happy to take the pic down if you don't want it on my site.

Enjoy
Old 12-03-2009, 07:14 PM
aeronos
Pro

*bump for Lingenfelter owners!*
Old 12-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Nick F
Advanced

I wish I had a Lingenfelter Corvette!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Mewn
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

My Corvette is a 2000 6 speed with a stage 2 Magnacharged engine. LG long tube headers with racing cats and no mufflers. My salesman emailed me a dyno chart showing 475 RWHP.

I had Lingenfelter rebuild my water damaged (Vararam) engine in 04. They installed my Magnacharger and I purchased a hood from them. It was a very bad experience for me. They broke my oil level sending unit and my salesman tried to hide it from me. He took my American Express for a 8k deposit but at the last second refused to accept it for the balance and I had to scramble up 8400k in cash at 3pm on Friday to pick it up. The computer started throwing codes before I even got it out of the parking lot. My salesman told me he did not have enough time to finish my paperwork as it was Friday evening when I picked up my car, and promised to send it in the mail the following Monday. I never got it. They also decided to start harassing me and threatening me 4 months after I paid for my car in full and picked it up. They informed me I did not pay my bill in full and started sending me threatening letters. They basically told me if I did not pay them extra money my warranty was void. I told them I would never bring my car back to their shop no matter what, and that I am not going to pay any extra money as I PAID IN FULL WHEN I PICKED IT UP!! Anyway it is still running great (after some repairs and tuning) and the hood was very well made so my purchase was not a total disaster. Just sharing my Lingenfelter experience.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:11 PM
mariofromnewyork
Late Model Domestics
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

WOW
Old 12-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Lancejoker
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice
Old 12-03-2009, 09:36 PM
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mewn
My Corvette is a 2000 6 speed with a stage 2 Magnacharged engine. LG long tube headers with racing cats and no mufflers. My salesman emailed me a dyno chart showing 475 RWHP.

I had Lingenfelter rebuild my water damaged (Vararam) engine in 04. They installed my Magnacharger and I purchased a hood from them. It was a very bad experience for me. They broke my oil level sending unit and my salesman tried to hide it from me. He took my American Express for a 8k deposit but at the last second refused to accept it for the balance and I had to scramble up 8400k in cash at 3pm on Friday to pick it up. The computer started throwing codes before I even got it out of the parking lot. My salesman told me he did not have enough time to finish my paperwork as it was Friday evening when I picked up my car, and promised to send it in the mail the following Monday. I never got it. They also decided to start harassing me and threatening me 4 months after I paid for my car in full and picked it up. They informed me I did not pay my bill in full and started sending me threatening letters. They basically told me if I did not pay them extra money my warranty was void. I told them I would never bring my car back to their shop no matter what, and that I am not going to pay any extra money as I PAID IN FULL WHEN I PICKED IT UP!! Anyway it is still running great (after some repairs and tuning) and the hood was very well made so my purchase was not a total disaster. Just sharing my Lingenfelter experience.
Well that's a disappointing report. I always heard that they were the creme de la creme of tuners.

Maybe that's not the case now that John Lingenfelter isn't around anymore.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:03 PM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Here are two Lingenfelters - all work (except the building of the 427) done by 21st Century (John & Kerri [Lingenfelter] Page).

Never an issue with either!

Specs:

1999 Mag Red 1

427 CI - 600+ hp (engine)

Kooks, Borlas, FAST intake, etc.

2004 Le Mans Blue

539 hp (engine)

H/C, FAST intake, under pully, Kooks, Borla, 4:10's, etc.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Mewn
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JACKAL0PE
Well that's a disappointing report. I always heard that they were the creme de la creme of tuners.

Maybe that's not the case now that John Lingenfelter isn't around anymore.
I am in no way saying that they do not build an awesome car, or provide good customer service. I only spent 16k and brought them a 4 year old car with a blown engine, so I was in no way a priority.. My car and budget was weak compaired to some of the other projects they were doing when I was there.. One of them is that they were in the middle of building a prototype twin turbo for the c6 while my car was being worked on. My main issue was with my salesman..
Old 12-03-2009, 11:32 PM
vettes4fun
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Head and cam package with 100 HP NOS 557.7 RWHP. 3 years with my Lingenfelter and no problems at all. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS

Last edited by vettes4fun; 12-03-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:47 AM
aeronos
Pro

Let's get a few more Lingenfelter Corvette posts!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:00 AM
dobewillie
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful cars

Get notified of new replies

To Post pics and specs for your Lingenfelter Corvettes!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Post pics and specs for your Lingenfelter Corvettes!