Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] !!! im ANGRY .. DAMMMIT!!! once again!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 10:35 PM
datsickz06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!! im ANGRY .. DAMMMIT!!! once again!!

Well about 12 months ago I had the service column lock repair done on my car, they sayd that they installed a harnest kit on it. Well today all of a sudden I get the service column lock message again but the thing is my steering column unlocks and the car starts but it shuts off when I go past 2mph. So now the vette is at the dealership. I'm waiting on a call to see what they found wrong with it and what caused it if the damm column lock doesn't even lock just the message comes out and the car shuts off after 2mph. What should I expect to be the problemm, anyone ever have this happend to them? Any price range of what to expect to cough up to them? I have a 2001 z06. Thanks guys for the imput
Old 10-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Gooser
Instructor

I would be angry too. Sounds like a faulty harness...not uncommon from my research I went through months back. You should probably just get the CLB module like I did and be done with it. I also had my tuner set the max speed to 199 before fuel shutoff just to make sure that if the gremlin ever shows up again, he is overridden.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:06 PM
datsickz06
Instructor

Yeah.. I hope the dealer just has to reset the pcm or something and it won't be an expensive fix . And I will defenetly get the clb module installed and get a tuner to set the max speed shutoff to 199 but I have a few ? If I install the clb will the servise lock message still come off, if so with the clb how will I remove the message. And is the max speed shutoff setting only designed for the column lock problem?
Old 10-27-2009, 11:41 PM
datsickz06
Instructor

Well fellow forum members please keep the reply's comming. I want as much input of this problem as I can get. I'm already stressed because animal control is making me pay all these fees for my 2 dogs and well I'm just compleatelly out of it rightnow with all these problems happening to me. Well I'm off to bed. TTYL
Old 10-28-2009, 01:32 AM
bmg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.corvettesofhouston.com/pr...4e0a11ef4d3f48
Old 10-28-2009, 02:49 PM
TAC
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gooser
You should probably just get the CLB module like I did and be done with it.
The CLB does not solve the problem. I've had the kit from CofH from day 1 in my '03. I've had the Z shutdown and give me the same message 3 times in the 6 years I've owned the car. Each time I've waited 10 seconds and the car starts right up after that. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Old 10-28-2009, 08:25 PM
jac1979
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car had the K-harness and starting doing the exact same thing you are describing. I bought the aftermarket harness and replaced the K-harness...problem solved.

I later had the car reprogramed and they turned off the fuel shut off after 2mph in case the problem ever comes back up.

Haven't had a problem since...that was a year ago.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 PM
datsickz06
Instructor

Dammmittttt... the dealer just told me that the " column lock actuator was not working". So it was sending the bcm the error causing the service column lock and making my car shut off at 2mph. Damm the whole fix was a damm $687.00 .
Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

had a CLB in my 99 for 8 years and in the 02 for 2 years and not once has the issue ever came back nor have we had a car shutoff.....

is this a Z06 issue???

and $687??? I would tell them to get F'd...THEY SUPPOSEDLY fixed it....now they can fix it for FREE
Old 10-28-2009, 08:53 PM
datsickz06
Instructor

Well I save all my reciepts from the work I get done on my vette and I showed them the ticket from when they installed the k harness on under the warranty. They told me that the lock actuator was not covered under the gm warranty so I had to pay for it.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:44 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by datsickz06
Well I save all my reciepts from the work I get done on my vette and I showed them the ticket from when they installed the k harness on under the warranty. They told me that the lock actuator was not covered under the gm warranty so I had to pay for it.
sounds like to me. GM and their warranty stuff has gotten to be ridiculous. I wonder what they will say next time.

Good luck.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:27 AM
TheDingo
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow dude you got screwed big
Old 10-29-2009, 02:12 AM
TheDVS1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The shut down is the factory "fix" installed for the CL issue. The CLB will keep the column from locking, however if you have the ECU flashed with the fix, I can see how it'd still shut down, even though the column doesn't lock (with the CLB in place).

Get the flash *fix* out of there with a custom tune, use the CLB from Corvettes of Houston, and you shouldn't have any further problems.

I don't blame you for being PO'd.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:50 PM
GREG O.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default shutdown

Originally Posted by TheDingo
Wow dude you got screwed big
GM sucks when it comes to warranty problems...usally it's
U ABUSED THE CAR
Old 10-29-2009, 09:53 PM
slwhite
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by datsickz06
I guess I don't know how GM's "fix" works, but the CLB completely eliminates the actuator from the circuit. So, if you have a CLB installed, a bad actuator will not cause any effect.

Get notified of new replies

To !!! im ANGRY .. DAMMMIT!!! once again!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] !!! im ANGRY .. DAMMMIT!!! once again!!