Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where Do you lift the vette's with a Jack!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 11:28 PM
97BlacVette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where Do you lift the vette's with a Jack!

Hey guys my new wheels came in and am wondering where are the lifting points on these C5s! I know that you must use a hockey puck in between the jack and the car, but where are you guys liftin' em from? Any advice is greatly appreiciated! Thanks, Guys
Old 10-08-2009, 06:39 AM
RSchleder
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

READ the owners manual ( if you have one), if not, look under the rocker panels on each side of the car, you'll find 2 slots on per side, 1 close to the front wheel and 1 close to the rear wheel. That's where the hockey pucks go!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by RSchleder
READ the owners manual ( if you have one), if not, look under the rocker panels on each side of the car, you'll find 2 slots on per side, 1 close to the front wheel and 1 close to the rear wheel. That's where the hockey pucks go!
You can ALSO lift the entier rear of the car by placing your jack dead center of the rear cross member....
Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 AM
ontcanuck
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 58 Posts

I use a 2X6 with small blocks on the end for jack supports
Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 AM
CUlookin
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are four points under the rockers that are supposed to be used (they have holes in them) and the rockers are notched back. Before you do it, go get yourself some Elite Engineering http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com jacking pucks or frame sliders. If you don't, you run the risk of cracking the rockers underneath, which might have already been done by a dealer or shop. Jeff's a forum vendor and great guy to deal with!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,360 Likes on 14,010 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by Glennm27
You can ALSO lift the entier rear of the car by placing your jack dead center of the rear cross member....
Done it both ways and it works just fine.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:02 AM
97BlacVette
Advanced

Originally Posted by Glennm27
Originally Posted by ontcanuck

I use a 2X6 with small blocks on the end for jack supports
Originally Posted by CUlookin
There are four points under the rockers that are supposed to be used (they have holes in them) and the rockers are notched back. Before you do it, go get yourself some Elite Engineering http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com jacking pucks or frame sliders. If you don't, you run the risk of cracking the rockers underneath, which might have already been done by a dealer or shop. Jeff's a forum vendor and great guy to deal with!
Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Done it both ways and it works just fine.
Cool Thanks Alot Guys! I'll be sure to put up pics so you guys can see it with the new wheels! I have heard that the hockey puck works just fine, Any input on that!
Old 10-08-2009, 11:51 AM
ontcanuck
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 97BlacVette
Cool Thanks Alot Guys! I'll be sure to put up pics so you guys can see it with the new wheels! I have heard that the hockey puck works just fine, Any input on that!
I used a hockey puck also on the jack. I made my own pucks with eyes bolted through the center to fit in the slots cost $6.00 (since I'm from Canada we all have pucks kicking around the garage)
Old 10-08-2009, 12:19 PM
LKYMN
Advanced

Is there a trick to lifting the entire front end of the car for the purpose of removing both wheels???
Old 10-08-2009, 07:21 PM
dndrsn
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts

Old 10-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Drumbum675
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LKYMN
Is there a trick to lifting the entire front end of the car for the purpose of removing both wheels???

You can also lift the front of the car from the center of the cross member. However, most jacks, even low profile jacks wont fit, since its so far from the front of the car. I drive my front wheels up on a couple 2x4's. This 1.5 inches gives me enough room to get my low profile jack under the car far enough to get to that jacking point. You will have to fold the center air dam back. It's spring loaded to fold backwards, dont try and pull it toward the front.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by 97BlacVette

I have an NHL Hockey puck in my tool box just in case I need that extra space. If you are careful, you can put the floor jack head right on the frame where the rectangular slots are being sure it touches no parts of the rocker itself, then jack it up. For added comfort, placing the hockey puck on the jack head makes sure there are no mistakes...
Old 10-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

This might help?
Mr.Bill

Old 10-09-2009, 07:58 PM
97BlacVette
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
This might help?
Mr.Bill

Ya, Thanks alot everyone! I just finished Putting the new wheels everything went excellent and I think It looks really good compared to what it looked like with the wagon wheels! I'll post pics up ASAP! Thanks again!

Get notified of new replies

To Where Do you lift the vette's with a Jack!

Quick Reply: Where Do you lift the vette's with a Jack!