Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today I was told..........you will laugh

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:14 PM
grayfox2424
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the time I just bend over like I am picking something up...when the idiots see the 9mm Glock on my hip the conversation comes to a quick end.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:16 PM
tez_14_2000
Advanced

lol, Where i live in N.Ireland, the roads are too dirty to be driving the vette, and the roads are salted 7-8 months of the year, this only leaves about 3-4 months of clean roads worthy of allowing the vettes out of the garage...
My daily drive is a Honda Accord Type R...

Anyone who starts dis'n the *** wagons without ever owning one doesnt really know what theyre talking about TBH.
I have a 85 vette, 03 Z06, Accord Type R, and just sold a slyline ..well, a good few months back TBH...

But all the cars are fantastic cars, each ticks certain boxes, the hondas my daily driver, has been for well over a year and hasnt missed a beat or asked for anything... but as with all hondas on r dirty, salty roads, will probably oneday in the next 10 years go to the car park in the sky due to rust.
The Z06 for eg however will last many many many years, babied and kept dry in the garage, things occasionally go wrong with it, butyou fix them and in terms of bang for your buck... its a bargain! lol

Id say those guys were just plonkers who knew no better...

Horses for courses i say... i dont like ferraris, but wouldnt start mouthin one off to its owner. lol
Old 09-21-2009, 07:26 PM
black 99
Burning Brakes

Default ricers

Send those douchbags my way, ill set them straight!
I'll show what american horsepower is all about. And if that doesnt work ill resort to violence lol!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Black04Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MDR1970
In my experience, these situations are always solved with violence.
[/QUOTE]

This **** never happens to me. I'm guessing the OP is pretty young and that these guys where obviously trying to rattle his cage.

Really nothing you could do to fix this. You can't fix stupid. Just move on.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:18 PM
dh305
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I LIKE AUTOMOBILES PERIOD!!! I don't care what make as long as they are fast, good looking and make me happy. I love the Toyota Supra Twin turbo, 1941 ******, 1965 SS Chevelle, Astin Martin Vanquish, Mercedes SLR McLaren, Ferrari 599GT, Porsche GT, Ford GT, and many more. I do admit that the Corvette C5 and C6 are great cars for the money. It is a great car no matter what anyone says. Opinions make the world go round...I wouldn't want it any other way!
Old 09-22-2009, 04:25 AM
tez_14_2000
Advanced

Originally Posted by dh305
I LIKE AUTOMOBILES PERIOD!!! I don't care what make as long as they are fast, good looking and make me happy. I love the Toyota Supra Twin turbo, 1941 ******, 1965 SS Chevelle, Astin Martin Vanquish, Mercedes SLR McLaren, Ferrari 599GT, Porsche GT, Ford GT, and many more. I do admit that the Corvette C5 and C6 are great cars for the money. It is a great car no matter what anyone says. Opinions make the world go round...I wouldn't want it any other way!

Old 09-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

They're not making a bad name for imports, just making themselves look like the jackasses they apparently are.

"A DBS is trash?" coming from a Civic owner.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Jeffwilson34
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I have never been dissed by anyone over the Vette, normally people are very complimentary towards it.
Just today I was sitting behind a school bus and a young 8-9yo boy got off walked toward his house then turned around and waved and said "That's a nice Corvette" I am not sure which I liked more, that fact that he complimented it or the fact that he knew it was a Corvette.

A few weeks ago I was at a local cruise in and a teen came up and was admiring it.
He said he had a Honda Civic but one day he wanted a Vette.
He then ask is I would drive him around the block. I told him to get in and his eyes lit up.
I took him up the road and stepped on it a bit and he was all smiles.
On the way back he told me to go slow so he could call his friend and have him take his picture so that he could show people he was really in a Corvette.
I pulled over so he could call and thought a minute, I ask him if he had his license which he did.
I got out and told him to drive it back in. I have never saw someone so happy about driving in my life. We drove back in the lot and he kept blowing the horn at his friends and telling them he was really driving a Vette.

It may not be the smartest thing to let a teen that you do not know drive your Vette but seeing how happy he was really made it worth the risk.

I am sure he will one day one own a Vette.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:48 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

U guys are not understanding, one young fella my co worker said, i agree corettes are nice cars, but he said every vette he sees is 40+ old man sitting behind the wheels and drive like a grandpa with no sound or anything.

But he sat with me one time and he is not only hooked but shocked how brutal it was, and mine is only bolt on Z.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Black04Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jeffwilson34
I have never been dissed by anyone over the Vette, normally people are very complimentary towards it.
Just today I was sitting behind a school bus and a young 8-9yo boy got off walked toward his house then turned around and waved and said "That's a nice Corvette" I am not sure which I liked more, that fact that he complimented it or the fact that he knew it was a Corvette.

A few weeks ago I was at a local cruise in and a teen came up and was admiring it.
He then ask is I would drive him around the block. I told him to get in and his eyes lit up.
On the way back he told me to go slow so he could call his friend and have him take his picture so that he could show people he was really in a Corvette.
I pulled over so he could call and thought a minute, I ask him if he had his license which he did.
I got out and told him to drive it back in. I have never saw someone so happy about driving in my life. We drove back in the lot and he kept blowing the horn at his friends and telling them he was really driving a Vette.

It may not be the smartest thing to let a teen that you do not know drive your Vette but seeing how happy he was really made it worth the risk.

That's cool!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Turbo5
Drifting

Well you saw what they were in. I just love it when some ahole gets a case of car envy like that.

Enjoy your ride!!!

Turbo5
Old 09-23-2009, 01:21 AM
TraceZ
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 352 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by ssidekickbp
On my way to work this morning, I was told at a gas station by 2 guys, one with a 95' Civic and the other an Eclipse that a Corvette will never be as good as an import. I didn't say much other than " Well, my dream car is the Aston Martin DBS" To which the guy with the civic said " Those suck too" LMAO. I don't mind the guys who like imports and stuff but these are the kinds of guys giving them the bad rep. Any thoughts?
I just moved into a house and met my new neighbor. He comes over to say "hi" and notices I have a couple fast cars in the garage. He motions over to his POS white 90's Civic and proceeds to tell me about how it runs in the low 10 seconds naturally aspirated.

So I said.. "you must have a cage in it then?" and he said no, he ran it once and then they wouldn't let him run it again because it doesn't have a cage. But he insists it would run 9's if he could make a few more passes.

My BS meter was bouncing off the peg. Every ricer thinks they have the fastest thing on wheels.

Seriously, can front wheel drive cars even get the traction with power adders to run in the 9s? And he claims it NA.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:26 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Did he mention he was talking about the 1/8th mile? LOL
Old 09-23-2009, 09:58 AM
mulalleybs
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Should have told them to race for money. Put up or shut up right?
Old 09-23-2009, 10:30 AM
DropTheTop
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Did he mention he was talking about the 1/8th mile? LOL
No chit!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:40 AM
cjlaw73
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jeffwilson34

Very cool of you. Last summer I took out my aunt's freinds son. He was a surfer/skateborder like me that unfortunately was paralyzed in a skateboard accident. I knew he was a bit of an adrenaline junky like me, so I offerred to take him for a ride. He isn't abel to say much, but he kept asking me to go faster, faster. Here's the pics his mom sent me (sorry they are small):

His mom said it was probably the best therapy he has had. I told him to work had at his physical therapy so that he could drive it next year.

I think it made me feel as good as it did him.:o Woudl do it agian in a heartbeat.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:52 AM
intoc6s
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Florida Mike
No one ever talks to me at gas stations.... I guess when you are 6'8" and you have to pry yourself out of the car, they hold their tongues.
6'8"?? My sisters BF rides in my Vette once in a while and he BARELY fits....And he s only 6'4" @ 290 lbs. Every slight incline/decline in the road or @ speedbumps, i ALWAYS touch the ground when he s with me! Needless to say, he rarely rides with me....

Get notified of new replies

To Today I was told..........you will laugh

Old 09-23-2009, 12:35 PM
NYVette01
Racer

Originally Posted by TraceZ

Seriously, can front wheel drive cars even get the traction with power adders to run in the 9s? And he claims it NA.
Not as hard as you think..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuE5Q3IG47E
Old 09-23-2009, 12:44 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by SilentFright
Unfortunately "ricer trash" is taking over the streets (in quantifiable terms). Hating domestic automobiles seems to be all the craze these days. As for the Aston Martin diss, the pimple faced reject probably had no idea what you were talking about. Retards such as the ones you encountered say sh*t like that to get a rise out of you for petty self gratification (thanks Dr. Phil). In my experience, these situations are always solved with violence.
And I quote...

"In my experience, these situations are always solved with violence."

Old 09-23-2009, 01:57 PM
WvCorvette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Reply: Today I was told..........you will laugh