Sponsored by:

Direct Bolt-In Racing Seats for C5/C6

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:11 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Direct Bolt-In Racing Seats for C5/C6

We received an OMP RS seat this week and set it up on our brackets and sliders. It's a reasonably priced FIA approved seat. I'm a 38" waist and fit comfortably in this model. It is a full 15" between the plastic pieces for the lap belt openings (hip area). The seat we received weighed in at 17lbs. If anyone is interested in this seat or another seat set up on our brackets let me know.

We are beginning to offer any of the OMP seats that fit the C5/C6 with our brackets and sliders. You can use the stock seat belt and a 4, 5 or 6 pt. harness with our brackets. You would never want to use the stock belt with the buckle in the position in the photograph. You would need to run the buckle thru the side opening and the factory lap belt thru the opposing hole but you would still be better off to use the harness with sub belts.

OMP is an Italian company like Sparco that is very well know in Europe but not as well know as Sparco in the US. Sparco EVO's are between $739-$759 and this OMP model is $549. A few other OMP seats are shown below.

OMP RS-PT - $699

The HTE model starts at $879 and has an optional Air-Flow system available.

Our brackets with sliders can also be used with Sparco, Cobra, Corbeau and most other side mounted seats using the FIA standard hole dimension. Some models we installed sit lower than the stock seat but not all. Some seats have a drop down area under your butt and others are more straight across and that affects the final seating height. Of course, if the sliders are not used the seat can just about sit on the floor if needed.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:37 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

I forgot to mention our bracket is not designed for use with harness bars that have struts that come down to the floor and mount at the rear seat mounting locations. We have built in mounts for the harness lap belts that would interfere with the struts. If you already had a bar like this (such as the Brey Krause) and didn't mind cutting off our harness mounting points you could use our setup but would need stud extenders from Hardbar or Vetteworks.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:12 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

OMP RS-PT - $699

Is that just for the seat, or with your manual mounting track included? email to jagrier@excite.com if you have a price sheet.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Z06Tracker
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Arizen, I sent you an email regarding your brackets.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:39 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

OK, Folks ... finally got my seats in. I've had them since last July but "chit" got in the way of my plans to install before now.
These are Arizen custom sets, based on a Sparco Roadster frame, with custom rails prefitted for the car (C5 fitment)
Seats are leather with suede inserts.
Fit is tight ... no extra room anywhere ... but everything works.

These are not the cheapest seats/mounts around ... but they meet my requirements. These are a compromise seat - because I wanted a seat that I could still use my 3-points on the road - so the sides are lower and the lap belts go over the sides as well.

Stock seats:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/577/stockseats1.jpg

Pass seat base - note that the left (inner) rail clears the sensor module just behind the front rail mount. Also see that the 3-point belt catch is installed on the (rear of two mounting points) on the inside rail.
Note that the crotch belts are supposed to be attached rear of the chest line - these are.
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1199/passbase1.jpg

Here's the belts installed. These are Crow 6-point, Cam lock. I ordered them thru Arizen.
The front belts go thru a hole in the seat base.
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/696/passseat1.jpg

Here's the driver seat base. Note the pigtail from the power seat module ... When I started the car after install I got no warning lights at all.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5286/driverbase1.jpg

Here's the driver seat. You can see the 4-pt bar that I had welded in three years ago ... in anticipation of installing seats & harnesses.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6...erseat1bar.jpg

Here's a close-up of the lap belt - they clip in to the eye bolts.
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/849...pbeltmount.jpg

Here's me in the seat, showing the lap belt angles (need to be 45-60 degrees from horizontal) and the shoulder belt angles (should be 10 - 20 degrees from horizontal - these are.
I chose the manual sliders to be able to drop the seats lower. These give me ~ 2" more headroom. - that's with the rear mounted on the second hole from the bottom (4 holes rear) and the front mounted in the middle of three holes.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7...verinseat1.jpg

I had planned to go to the track today, but work got in the way - I'll go June 5 and will do my final adjustments of belts, seat position, etc. based on that experience. I also will be using my H&NR for the first time. It's an R3 Rage - uses a chest belt - and unlike the HANS, is not bound by the harness straps ... so it can be used with a three-point (in case one is doing a right seat ride in a non-harness equipped car.)
Old 05-15-2010, 06:48 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MungoZ06
OK, Folks ... finally got my seats in. I've had them since last July but "chit" got in the way of my plans to install before now.
These are Arizen custom sets, based on a Sparco Roadster frame, with custom rails prefitted for the car (C5 fitment)
Seats are leather with suede inserts.
Fit is tight ... no extra room anywhere ... but everything works.

These are not the cheapest seats/mounts around ... but they meet my requirements. These are a compromise seat - because I wanted a seat that I could still use my 3-points on the road - so the sides are lower and the lap belts go over the sides as well.

Stock seats:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/577/stockseats1.jpg

Pass seat base - note that the left (inner) rail clears the sensor module just behind the front rail mount. Also see that the 3-point belt catch is installed on the (rear of two mounting points) on the inside rail.
Note that the crotch belts are supposed to be attached rear of the chest line - these are.
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1199/passbase1.jpg

Here's the belts installed. These are Crow 6-point, Cam lock. I ordered them thru Arizen.
The front belts go thru a hole in the seat base.
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/696/passseat1.jpg

Here's the driver seat base. Note the pigtail from the power seat module ... When I started the car after install I got no warning lights at all.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5286/driverbase1.jpg

Here's the driver seat. You can see the 4-pt bar that I had welded in three years ago ... in anticipation of installing seats & harnesses.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6...erseat1bar.jpg

Here's a close-up of the lap belt - they clip in to the eye bolts.
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/849...pbeltmount.jpg

Here's me in the seat, showing the lap belt angles (need to be 45-60 degrees from horizontal) and the shoulder belt angles (should be 10 - 20 degrees from horizontal - these are.
I chose the manual sliders to be able to drop the seats lower. These give me ~ 2" more headroom. - that's with the rear mounted on the second hole from the bottom (4 holes rear) and the front mounted in the middle of three holes.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7...verinseat1.jpg

I had planned to go to the track today, but work got in the way - I'll go June 5 and will do my final adjustments of belts, seat position, etc. based on that experience. I also will be using my H&NR for the first time. It's an R3 Rage - uses a chest belt - and unlike the HANS, is not bound by the harness straps ... so it can be used with a three-point (in case one is doing a right seat ride in a non-harness equipped car.)
I'm glad your finally getting use of these and hopefully things went fairly smooth with the install.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:40 PM
paint it black vette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeyG
OMP RS-PT - $699

Is that just for the seat, or with your manual mounting track included? email to jagrier@excite.com if you have a price sheet.
would like to know also. what's weight of seat and bracket. will this seat interfere in any way with my side bar from rollcage which is 1 5/8 chromoly and is 1/4 inch off of door panel
Old 05-16-2010, 06:22 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by paint it black vette
would like to know also. what's weight of seat and bracket. will this seat interfere in any way with my side bar from rollcage which is 1 5/8 chromoly and is 1/4 inch off of door panel
That is just the seat. We only purchased the one RS seat shown in the original post to verify fitment with our brackets. I cannot say anything for certain about clearances around cages. OMP has a spec sheet for dimensions but it's hard to know for certain from that.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:51 AM
CyborgX_CZ
Advanced

Recently bought a pair seat bases and sliders from arizenracingsports.com and I was thrilled. Quality is amazing and it will make your install breeze. Yes they are little bit expensive but since I work in performance shop and have the ability see other generic products like that I’m telling you it's worth every penny. Mounting points for 5 or 6 point harness put a smile on my face. Like I said easy, accurate = worth it.

As far for the seats I chose OMP RS-PT2, I know those brackets was tested with OMP RS and OMP ARS but when I compare dimension table my seats have smallest numbers so I know they will fit at the bottom. Only risk I took was those side bolsters but they clear just fine. I’m 5’8” my waist is 33” and seats fit me perfect and snug. VIR here I come … again… :-)

Last edited by CyborgX_CZ; 02-19-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:58 AM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CyborgX_CZ
Recently bought a pair seat bases and sliders from arizenracingsports.com and I was thrilled. Quality is amazing and it will make your install breeze. Yes they are little bit expensive but since I work in performance shop and have the ability see other generic products like that I’m telling you it's worth every penny. Mounting points for 5 or 6 point harness put a smile on my face. Like I said easy, accurate = worth it.

As far for the seats I chose OMP RS-PT2, I know those brackets was tested with OMP RS and OMP ARS but when I compare dimension table my seats have smallest numbers so I know they will fit at the bottom. Only risk I took was those side bolsters but they clear just fine. I’m 5’8” my waist is 33” and seats fit me perfect and snug. VIR here I come … again… :-)

The seats look great.

Do you know if the seat will fit in a C6?
I see that you are also using your OEM type 3 point seat belt.
I am looking to do the same for street with my 6 pt for track
Old 11-28-2011, 12:13 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

How much for (1) adjustable driver's seat bracket?
Old 11-28-2011, 01:07 PM
CyborgX_CZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by C6RAPTOR
The seats look great.

Do you know if the seat will fit in a C6?
I see that you are also using your OEM type 3 point seat belt.
I am looking to do the same for street with my 6 pt for track

I don’t know if you live close by I will say stop by and we can test fit them, but if inside dimension are same between c5 and c6 I will say they will fit. These seats are not really big and they are made for smaller drivers. I’m 5’7” 162lb 31” waist I will say 34” waist is a maximum for comfortable level. Yes I do have stock seat belts but they are there just for look I use my 6 point all the time.

BTW: If you like to use your stock seatbelts you need to get extenders aka fat ppl seatbelts :-) I got mine from dealer for free and you can get them too but they required you to bring your car and they have to installed them even they just click in…. luckily I work at the shop so I just got them delivered here.

Last edited by CyborgX_CZ; 11-28-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by arizen
I'm glad your finally getting use of these and hopefully things went fairly smooth with the install.
Your PM box is full I sent you an email.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:00 PM
LouisvilleZ06
Advanced

Are these brackets/sliders still available? looking for a way to mount a Sparco Evo 2 Plus or something similar without raising higher than the factory seat.

would PM but the box is full.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:06 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

PM sent about RS seat.
Jeremy Formato

Last edited by Fasterproms; 04-12-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:32 AM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CyborgX_CZ

I don’t know if you live close by I will say stop by and we can test fit them, but if inside dimension are same between c5 and c6 I will say they will fit. These seats are not really big and they are made for smaller drivers. I’m 5’7” 162lb 31” waist I will say 34” waist is a maximum for comfortable level. Yes I do have stock seat belts but they are there just for look I use my 6 point all the time.

BTW: If you like to use your stock seatbelts you need to get extenders aka fat ppl seatbelts :-) I got mine from dealer for free and you can get them too but they required you to bring your car and they have to installed them even they just click in…. luckily I work at the shop so I just got them delivered here.
Send me a seat and I will test it in my C6
Old 12-15-2015, 11:05 PM
Guam135i
Advanced

I need a seat for my 2004 C5 Z06 with brackets and slider accommodate the factory seat belts. I will also need shipping dimensions and weight. I will need the seat to be delivered to Torrance CA. thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Direct Bolt-In Racing Seats for C5/C6

Quick Reply: Direct Bolt-In Racing Seats for C5/C6