Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BB Bullets vs Borla stingers vs Nxt step exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:15 AM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the BB Fusion seems cool but isn't that close to $2,000 OUCH!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:37 AM
time4prime2shine
Racer

I have BORLA DUAL STINGERS My friend has the Borla stingers quad...but I dont like them..often out of line and pipes are measured smaller across...sounds bit the same though..
Old 06-21-2009, 10:07 AM
KWIKSILVERZ
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KeyoRacing
Are there any good deals here on the forum from time to time on any of the 3...? I guess for me it'll come down to the best deal it's not something I need to do TODAY! They all seem pretty goos. I had heard the Nxt Step weren't as loud but maybe I was wrong... and Borla's and BB speak for themselves. I just can't STAND the stock ones anymore.
If you don't mind slightly used, pre-loved stuff, try checking the "parts for sale" in the C5 section. I've seen B&B and Borlas systems cheap on here from time to time
Old 06-21-2009, 10:21 AM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KWIKSILVERZ
If you don't mind slightly used, pre-loved stuff, try checking the "parts for sale" in the C5 section. I've seen B&B and Borlas systems cheap on here from time to time
Thats an idea thanks.... Has anyone ever gotten used exhaust off here and if so how did that work out?
Old 06-21-2009, 11:21 AM
sneakelman
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I have Stingers, with headers. The sound is AWESOME! WOT is just incredible. Deep, rich, and no drone that I can tell.
That being said, if I was buying a catback(stingers were on the car when I bought it) I would go with the NXT. IDENTICAL look, and sound, as the stingers for less than half the price.
Use the money you saved for another mod.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:54 PM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

It's starting to look like for a used pair of Stingers or Bullets I could get a new pair of Nxt Step. But again as any gotten a set of anything used off here from a member and how did that work out for you?
Old 06-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Stingers and long tubes.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:21 PM
slowtealz28
Safety Car

Received 408 Likes on 306 Posts

my buddy sold his quad borla stingers on the forum to be replaced by TI's(bad idea). He cleaned them up and they were pretty much perfect, and he sold them for $500. I am sure whoever bought them was extremely pleased. Exhaust systems only "look" new for about a week, unless you continuously polish them.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:15 PM
neokorros
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had stingers, TIs, and now i have GHL bullets.

my vette is a daily driver.

the borlas sound amazing, but the drone for me (i have xpipe and headers) was way to loud. my ears would be ringing at night after a few hours of driving. i went to TIs after that and they were to quiet. GHL bullets are the perfect exhaust for me. still very loud, great sound, and alot less drone.

i bought all the exhausts on the forum

~ nick

edit : look for some videos on the forum of GHL bullets

Last edited by neokorros; 06-21-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:33 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

This might interest you:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...on-teaser.html

Right now I'm doing the testing for it. I have it all bolted up and it went on with ease. I just need to make a few adjustments with the tips and over axle pipes. I should have it fired up tomorrow. The heat here stops me from working too long on it. I'm doing headers with it so that's why it's taking me a while.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:09 PM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by slowtealz28
my buddy sold his quad borla stingers on the forum to be replaced by TI's(bad idea). He cleaned them up and they were pretty much perfect, and he sold them for $500. I am sure whoever bought them was extremely pleased. Exhaust systems only "look" new for about a week, unless you continuously polish them.
To bad I missed that I'm in Phila.....
Old 06-21-2009, 09:38 PM
casslaw
Racer

Just a question, but why aren't you considering the GHL's? I am replacing my Magnaflows with them this week because I want some more sound and all of the reviews and videos just hit it for me, plus the price is right through CCA right now. I got them on Saturday (took two days from cali to fla) and they are freaking beautiful! I have dynatech lt's and an x-pipe and I cant wait to get the car out of the paint shop tomorrow to put these things on! Sorry I went out of your 3 choices, but I bought the mags because I didn't want to be the guy with the loud car anymore and after a year.....and heads, cam, blah, blah, blah, I want to hear my car and the the guy at CCA was great with communicating with me and the price was great for the GHL's. Good luck with whatever choice you make.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:59 PM
rmtt
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by neokorros
i had stingers, TIs, and now i have GHL bullets.

my vette is a daily driver.

the borlas sound amazing, but the drone for me (i have xpipe and headers) was way to loud. my ears would be ringing at night after a few hours of driving. i went to TIs after that and they were to quiet. GHL bullets are the perfect exhaust for me. still very loud, great sound, and alot less drone.

i bought all the exhausts on the forum

~ nick

edit : look for some videos on the forum of GHL bullets
Similar story to mine except I had a Borla XR-1 with LT's and Hi-FLow cats. Got some TI's, and just a little too quiet, so I bought a Borla Touring Catback from the forums. Haven't had time to install it yet.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:22 AM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by casslaw
Just a question, but why aren't you considering the GHL's? I am replacing my Magnaflows with them this week because I want some more sound and all of the reviews and videos just hit it for me, plus the price is right through CCA right now. I got them on Saturday (took two days from cali to fla) and they are freaking beautiful! I have dynatech lt's and an x-pipe and I cant wait to get the car out of the paint shop tomorrow to put these things on! Sorry I went out of your 3 choices, but I bought the mags because I didn't want to be the guy with the loud car anymore and after a year.....and heads, cam, blah, blah, blah, I want to hear my car and the the guy at CCA was great with communicating with me and the price was great for the GHL's. Good luck with whatever choice you make.
Thanks I'll look into them as well being that you took the time to post here. But did you say you DIDN'T want to be the guy with the loud car?
Most of the people here seem to want to be that guy. LOL
Old 06-22-2009, 10:11 AM
casslaw
Racer

Yeah, let me make that a little clearer. I didn't want to be the guy with the loud car because it has crappy exhaust. I want it to be loud because of the mods and I want it to back up the way it sounds.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:25 AM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

OK I gotcha!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:42 PM
slowtealz28
Safety Car

For the op, someone is selling stingers.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/nort...s-exhaust.html

Get notified of new replies

To BB Bullets vs Borla stingers vs Nxt step exhaust

Old 06-22-2009, 09:05 PM
cfthunder
Instructor

Will be selling my Granatellis same as NXT Steps as soon as I find something a little quieter that I like. Without headers they were great, but with the headers they are just to loud for me.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:37 AM
slowtealz28
Safety Car

Originally Posted by cfthunder
Will be selling my Granatellis same as NXT Steps as soon as I find something a little quieter that I like. Without headers they were great, but with the headers they are just to loud for me.
Sissy I can't wait to top off my nxt/longtubes/no cats with a nice 236/242 cam and heads to put me at 11:1 compression.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GM Parts
Borla for me all the way. They sound great and weren't nearly as loud as I thought they would be. I heard the stories of the drone with the A4 but there is none at all. Maybe the x-pipe has a lot to do with that. Regardless, I feel I can now add some LT headers without issue.

Here's my Youtube vid. Keep in mind that it was really warm outside and that the car had been driven for about 4 hours straight when this vid was shot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roj7DM_N56w
Love my Borla Stingers.........

Quick Reply: BB Bullets vs Borla stingers vs Nxt step exhaust