Sponsored by:

Water leak??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:29 AM
BanditSRT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leak??

Long story short... We had a huge rainstorm yesterday and I ended up with 2 or so inches of water in my passenger compartment. The BCM got wet and the car wouldn't start. Any idea how water would get in even though the window seals well?? I took the BCM apart, cleaned off the corrosion () and let it dry overnight. I plugged it back in and everything fired right up. I just need to see if I can find the leak. Thanks guys!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:32 AM
JCamaro
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BanditSRT
Long story short... We had a huge rainstorm yesterday and I ended up with 2 or so inches of water in my passenger compartment. The BCM got wet and the car wouldn't start. Any idea how water would get in even though the window seals well?? I took the BCM apart, cleaned off the corrosion () and let it dry overnight. I plugged it back in and everything fired right up. I just need to see if I can find the leak. Thanks guys!
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...ak-checks.html

here is a start.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:33 AM
poolboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the water may not have come in through the windows - a common source is that the drain system for the AC and windshield gets plugged up. There is a sticky at the top of the C5 Tech section that deals with leaks - check for the part that talks about cleaning out the udders.

Get notified of new replies

To Water leak??

Quick Reply: Water leak??