Sponsored by:

Heater Vent Distibution Problem

Old 05-11-2009, 02:16 PM
MARK402
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Vent Distibution Problem

Hi
Have a 2001 Coupe with Dual Zone Climate and although the fan and heat controls work fine cycling through the mode setting button does not make any change to the distribution of the air which seems to come from all vents at once, neither does hitting the front screen demist/ defrost button. also the air distibuted towards the screen seems to be more on the passenger side with little on the drivers side.
I have heard that it could be due to a vac pipe that is under the battery tray but any more help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:45 AM
mwvettec5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this same problem with a 2000 FRC.

Blower motor "sounds" strong, like it's moving a lot of air, but very little comes out through the vents.

It's an automatic climate system, doesn't matter if it's on A/C, resicirculating inside air, flow through outside air, etc.

Basically it sounds like the blower is working OK, but you only feel a "whisper" of air through the vents.

I (we) would really appreciate any help / input.

THANKS
Old 07-26-2009, 12:33 PM
RedSoxFan
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

sounds like it might be a leak in the vacuum line, mine would blow through the defroster vent regardless of which setting I chose. there are plenty of DIY repair posts but it sounded like a pita to me so I had the dealer fix it, cost me $200. the vacuum line begins at the back of the manifold and passes through the firewall beneath the battery along with a bunch of other wires. that's where mine was cracked, sometimes it can be due to a leaking battery but mine was just brittle. good luck with the repair.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:29 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by MARK402
Hi
Have a 2001 Coupe with Dual Zone Climate and although the fan and heat controls work fine cycling through the mode setting button does not make any change to the distribution of the air which seems to come from all vents at once, neither does hitting the front screen demist/ defrost button. also the air distibuted towards the screen seems to be more on the passenger side with little on the drivers side.
I have heard that it could be due to a vac pipe that is under the battery tray but any more help would be greatly appreciated.
Here is a Write-up I did on this w/pics too:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...with-pics.html

Thanks,Matt
Old 07-27-2009, 06:33 PM
mwvettec5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks !!!

Get notified of new replies

To Heater Vent Distibution Problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heater Vent Distibution Problem