Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Rock chip fix on ZO6 rear brake ducts etc!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 12:53 PM
nutrientcobra
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rock chip fix on ZO6 rear brake ducts etc!

I didnt come up with the idea but today I took my rear quarter panels loose on my 08 Z06 and made it so small stones couldnt get between the lower rocker and the quarter panel right below the rear brake duct that Zsss are notorious for doing. I just used 1 1/4 inch by 1/2 thick weather stripping with the sticky back. I pulled out the quarters and applied it between the wheel well and the rear quarter in front of the back tire. I as well cut two 1/2 strips of it and put them on the backside of the quarter panel between the lower rockers. The place where the rocks always sit. I have a guy doing the 3M tape on the lower braked ducts from the rocker up to about the top of the brake duct for the flying stones off of the back tires. This is all I am going to do and than I will drive the heck out of it. I just couldnt stand the small stones being trapped between the lower rockers the the quarters and the fact of sand blasting starting on the lower brake inlets. The 3M stuff applied is $150 for both sides. Much cheaper than having to repaint down the road than having to worry about color match. The weather stripping trick took 30 mins and about $6.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
tramminc
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

worthless w/o pictures
Old 04-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Rickyh93
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pics would be nice.

I painted my brake ducts and they are getting beat up pretty bad. Oh well, one day I'll strip the paint off of them or just buy some new outer vents. I just wanted to try something different.

Get notified of new replies

To Rock chip fix on ZO6 rear brake ducts etc!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Rock chip fix on ZO6 rear brake ducts etc!