Sponsored by:

Ipod Adapter - Install Procedure - Z06/C5 - No CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Cedarberry
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey Toque, appreciate the thread.

Have had battery drain no start problems for a bit and finally worked it out to the radio/ CD player fuse#5. I've had the fuse out for almost a week and car has been doin fine, sat for three days no problem.

Bill Curlee was assisting me and sent me here as I have a iPod adapter kit installed by previous owner, I have a 99 FRC.

The adapter kit I have I'm not sure who makes it but it says Simple on the connector and the white box has a sticker PXDP Version 1.5.1.

The PXHGM4 cable appears wired much like yours and I don't get 12 volts anywhere on the connector switched or not? Also I don't seem to have a unused connector in the dash either.

The iPod works fine and all just the drain.

Any input would be great, ill keep searching as well
Joe
Old 07-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Likely you have an ALWAYS ON 12V leading into the white box in the dash. I would disconnect that, and find a SWITCHED 12V to plug into the white box instead. For example your cigarette lighter is switched 12V I think. Try pulling a SWITCHED 12V off of that.

Toque
Old 07-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Cedarberry
Drifting

Here's a few pics of how the harness is in my car, thePXHGM4 harness plugs into the radio harness, not into the back of the radio.

Last edited by Cedarberry; 07-20-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Cedarberry
Drifting

Where it mates to the oem harness the wires split out to the different connectors, this set up looks nothing like directions I've found or Toques pics in his DYI.

On the PXHGM4 connector which plugs into the iPod adapter, I don't have 12 volts anywhere on any of the pins. Got so POed I trashed my multimeter, had to go and get a new one today and still no 12 volts at the connector.

Checked the connector goin to the power outlet in the console and read 12 there, switched and I switched.

Poked every pin on the radio connectors and I can't find 12 volts anywhere on it, seems there should be for the clock and such.

So anyway I haven a hard time figurein just what is goin on at this point.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Cedarberry
Drifting

Ok finally took a break and chilled, went back at it, the #5 fuse blew somehow during T/Sin, so now I do have 12 volts at the iPod adapter connector, switched and unswitched. So now to find a switched 12v somewhere in the radio compartment.

Man it's a hot one today

Cig lighter connector has zip, key on or off so that's another problem????.?.?.?
Old 07-21-2013, 05:48 AM
Cedarberry
Drifting

Fixed

Quick Reply: Ipod Adapter - Install Procedure - Z06/C5 - No CD Changer