Sponsored by:

For you lowered guys...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 10:28 AM
bmg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Toque
I'm not a big fan of the stock Z06 Argent color wheels,,,,, BUT I have to say it really works with the White ! Looks wicked slammed and stock color Z06 wheels. Nicely done !

Toque
Quil and Toque,

Thanks for the compliments. I like the argent wheels too, but I am itching for some black centered CCW classics or a nice 19/20 setup. I think that would top it off
Old 12-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by bmg
Quil and Toque,

Thanks for the compliments. I like the argent wheels too, but I am itching for some black centered CCW classics or a nice 19/20 setup. I think that would top it off
CCW's are always a nice way to finish off a car's look....

<---- See my Avitar...

Keep your stock Z06 wheels though as backups....

Toque
Old 12-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Remo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If Lowered...Think Ahead

T-1 springs and sways, WCC lowering kit, Bilstien Sports.
Remo

Last edited by Remo; 12-27-2008 at 07:53 AM. Reason: WCC
Old 12-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Johnny Hardcore
Melting Slicks

Received 894 Likes on 616 Posts

I'm lowered on stock bolts and didn't really have any issues when I lived in So Cal. I moved to the North East and that's when the issues with the stance started to occur. The front tow hooks are a bit mangled now, my spoiler damaged and needed replacement, the rockers got wrecked at the bolts, and the heat wrap on my headers got torn off. The roads and highways in the NE are very uneven, peppered with pot wholes and tend to be very unforgiving compared to the flat streets and highways of Los Angeles. I still have it lowered but I learned my lesson and I need to be more careful.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:45 PM
tricep
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by bmg

Love that stance. I can't believe what a difference even 1/2" makes. I know, I know, "thats what she said"

Old 12-26-2008, 09:32 PM
bmg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tricep
Love that stance. I can't believe what a difference even 1/2" makes. I know, I know, "thats what she said"
Thanks for the compliments and nice ride!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:53 PM
SS~7
Melting Slicks

LOW ...is the only way to go ...
Old 12-26-2008, 11:44 PM
vettelover84
Melting Slicks

I am lowered about half way on stock bolts!! I scrape my air dam from time to time!! I went to the post office today. I got a bad look from a couple people getting into their car. I scraped coming into the lot.... I guess it sounds worse from outside the car!!! I really want to lower my Z to the max but I will wait till I get my new shocks.... I have to say that everyone is right. The look is worth it!!
Old 12-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Bell
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clearly, everybody scrapes. If they say they don't, it means they just sit in the car and make driving noises, but never leave the garage.

My car had been lowered on the stock bolts all the way down by the previous owner. I scraped all the time. When I put the new A&A V3 S/C on my car this summer, the entire radiator support got lowered about 3/4". Then the air dam got remounted so it was at a steeper angle and farther forward, resulting in it being over an inch lower than before. I bent the mounting brackets to reduce the angle but still had to raise my front adjusting bolts back up 8 full turns (about 1-1/8") to get back to the same clearance between the center spoiler and the ground. Still scrape - just doing it faster and smiling all the way.

I've heard of folks cutting their spoilers in half to get more ground clearance, but honestly I've never heard of any problems with the spoilers being worn away. As others have posted, they can REALLY take alot of scraping and still look fine from a distance. The only problem seems to be the noise that bothers people.

Now if your scraping rocker panels and causing damage to your radiator support, now that's a different story. You just have to be mindful and go slow over areas where those are likely to scrape. Damage of the rockers can be VERY expensive depending on where the damage winds up being.

Just turn the radio up some, go over the speed bumps slower, and enjoy your vette.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:02 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts

http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/C5Products.html

Originally Posted by Quil
Dang, you guys just about have me talked into this. Where are you picking up your frame/rocker savers?
Old 12-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Harley2Vette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today I lowered my rear on stock bolts. I left about 3 threads on each side but after doing this my floor to wheelwell number didn't change. What gives. Help please
Old 12-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley2Vette
Today I lowered my rear on stock bolts. I left about 3 threads on each side but after doing this my floor to wheelwell number didn't change. What gives. Help please
You need to drive your car a little for it to settle. I have my car really low and every time I jack it up for what ever reason it stays jacked up looking until I cruise around the block to let it settle.

Toque
Old 12-27-2008, 09:22 PM
ThePatriot
Racer

Default Low and slow...

Roger-that!

Got to crawl the dips and work the wide angles.

Everytime I roll out the back gate of MacDill the tire spikes sound like they're coming through the floor. But hey, the next gate isn't that far off.

Quick Reply: For you lowered guys...