Sponsored by:

Lowering Stock Bolts looking for Advice, Facts, and Experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:13 PM
e6bailey
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by devnull
Hey thanks brother... I have the acrylic blackouts and love them (on the car two years with no issues).

Lowering all of the way without cutting does bring it down quite a bit, and I would certainly give that a shot first too. Just remember that the car will take a week or so to "settle" after you lower it, so don't panic when you take it off the jack and it still looks a little high.

Do you remember where you bought them at or how much they were? Maybe I can still slip them in under the Christmas tree if i am lucky
Old 12-04-2008, 10:55 PM
devnull
Scientific Negotiator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,020 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'10, '14

Originally Posted by e6bailey
Do you remember where you bought them at or how much they were? Maybe I can still slip them in under the Christmas tree if i am lucky
If I remember right it was ebay. I bought a few things though so I don't remember how much. There are a few vendors here that sell them though!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:17 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by devnull
Hey thanks brother... I have the acrylic blackouts and love them (on the car two years with no issues).

Lowering all of the way without cutting does bring it down quite a bit, and I would certainly give that a shot first too. Just remember that the car will take a week or so to "settle" after you lower it, so don't panic when you take it off the jack and it still looks a little high.

Lower all the way on stock bolts without cutting anything first and like he said, let settle for about a week or two, or make sure you drive it a good deal. See how you like that first.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:34 AM
ZEEEEOOOOSIC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only way to roll
Old 12-05-2008, 04:59 AM
KEWL BLU
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure what everyone means when they say lowerining all the way on stock bolts. Let me explain. I lowered mine on stock bolts but I put a dot on each bolt and lowered each the same amount of turns. Some bolts came down more than others but in the end it was level. I took it to the dealer (the only time) for an alignment and it did need it. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Lowering Stock Bolts looking for Advice, Facts, and Experience