Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the deal with badges???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 05:56 PM
ZEEEEOOOOSIC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love your car bro, you have done an excellent job making it your own why dont you put some badges similiar to wheelers like he has on his ride, personalize it its your creation and a beauty at that
Old 12-02-2008, 06:06 PM
dixonk
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Ya I would do that if I could sell these But being they say 408 CI I think they might be a little difficult to sell. But I have 4 if anyone is interested
Old 12-02-2008, 07:05 PM
dieseldave56
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default An errant thought.........

Just and errant thought, get them every so often. I can only reall just assume the design , having not seen the badges. Since your fender badges are custom, being a machinist I'd just mill off /out the "Z" . Possibly an insert that represents the C5 could be installed .I'll assume from your description that this is possible.
That would give you the hint of something more sinister than a stock C5 and the 408 cu in would emphasise that point. Hate to see you waste $400 and a 'look' you like. I doubt anyone would object to that .
Old 12-02-2008, 07:08 PM
dixonk
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

I am not creative enough to come with anything to put in that spot. Its all good though its going to the paint shop again next week to get ghost flames put on it so the badges are irrelevant at this point. I will see if I can find someone with a 408 that will want them.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:09 PM
flyzlow
Melting Slicks

Default Keep the badges...you'll be in good company.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:09 PM
itsphoenix
Racer

Originally Posted by robertlthomson
I guess you are in good company. I purchased the red covers for mine even though it is not a Z06. Guess that makes me a pozer. I Like MY engine bay though. Kept the originals just in case. BUT the bottom line is these are our cars and we should be able to do what we want. I do think it is wrong to say it is something when it is not. Other than that............

Do what you want however I think people feel that wrong badging is an outright lie. Is that an LS6 badge on an LS1 engine?
Old 12-02-2008, 07:12 PM
TooMch
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Drewstein - Sweet ride! Nice.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Chemdawg99
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,660 Likes on 847 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by e6bailey
Its your Vette do with it as you please and enjoy it. I wouldn't worry about that others think. I agree with why you didn't get the real thing, much bigger fan of the Traga and coupe styling. I think they did it right the the C6Z buy just making the roof fixed and not changing the body lines.

Don't worry about what others think so much....

It will save you from a heart attack some day
Old 12-02-2008, 07:25 PM
PUREFUN
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Originally Posted by ZEEEEOOOOSIC
I love your car bro, you have done an excellent job making it your own why dont you put some badges similiar to wheelers like he has on his ride, personalize it its your creation and a beauty at that
Few months ago i saw a nice C6 Vert with Z06 badges. He basically did the same mods you did. Most people wouldn't even know that it wasn't a Z06 or even what a Z06 represented. It didn't bother me but i knew it would bother others and knew what was in store for the guy. Heck i even have badges on mine and all you see is the big LS1 lettering. So the normal vette guy looks at it and says why would you put a LS1 badge on when everyone knows it anyways. Kinda lame they think. What they don't see is the small lettering that says turbocharged.
Or the thing among corvette enthusiasts that say it is taboo to have a sticker on your vette. I have a very small one placed on the rear that says twin turbo. I put it there because i got tired of ricers and mustangs thinking i had a stock LS1 and wanting to race me. Because of that little well placed decal they leave me alone. Do i care what other people think? Yes i do but i care more about what i think.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:26 PM
slowtealz28
Safety Car

Received 408 Likes on 306 Posts

Man you guys are trashin him haha. I personally don't think they should be on your car, even if you have all Z06 parts, simply because it's a different body style. However, your car is really badass and I would much rather have it than a Z06. Faster, nicer looking, and a removable top. If your car has the Z51 suspension I would get some Z51/408 custom badges, that would be pretty badass. But if you really like those badges, keep them on. After all, it is your car. I know what it's like to be laughed at by other vette members because of my ghetto ebay full exhaust, but it doesn't bother me the least bit. I am happy with it, and that is all that matters.

Dave
Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 PM
dixonk
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

The car is a Z51 but no longer has any Z51 suspension left on it Pfadt coilovers now.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:33 PM
dobewillie
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your car and choice if you want a my kids an honor roll student at ps#3 on your car have a ball
Old 12-02-2008, 07:39 PM
itsphoenix
Racer

Why not put an LS7 Badge on the engine.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:51 PM
C5SCCA
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
Okay I just need to vent a little here. I am trying to figure out why so many people get butt hurt over fender badges. Take for example my car. I got some custom made Z06 badges so that I could show off the 408 CI part of it. Now everyone is criticising me for putting Z06 badges on a non Z06. Like its the holy grail of the Z06. After all I bought the car because I did not like the shape of the Z06. For me the coupe just looked so much better. So what did I do I had my cake and I ate it too. I transferred everything that makes a Z06 a Z06 and put it on my car. And I mean I put every detail and then some. So technically the only thing I don't have is a RPO code so what is the big deal???

What are your opinions? Am I wrong? Am I offending the Z06 crowd by doing this? Some comments I have seen (not here) sounds like I am blasphemous or something.
I have a Z06. I bought it because the base package is pretty awesome. With that being said, if you have a badge on a coupe, I am a Corvette guy, obviously it isnt a "real" Z06. I hate stating the obvious. Who cares? Don't let it bother you. Just use that 408 to show em what the rear of a coupe looks like!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:43 PM
DonsLS1
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by KCJeff
The next time someone gives you crap for not having a "real Z06", just say, "Oh, don't worry: it's much faster than THAT!!". Now we have the badge police on patrol. Sheesh. Who's life is so pathetic that they even care wtf badges someone puts on their car?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:28 PM
CLEAR
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts

I have a Z06 air lid on my coupe. Shhh.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Norcalzosix
Racer

Whats up brotha! The car is looking clean as hell... My personal thought is, you do what you like.. If you like the badges then rock the badges.. It reminds me a little of the Stangs that have beefed up their engine and put the cobra sign on it.. I feel people use a Z06 badge or the Cobra badge because its labeled as the cream of the crop for that model of car.. Since you did the mods you personally feel like its on that same level so I see where your coming from. Again, its your ride and you do what you think looks good.. Either way you know I got nothing but love for you homey

Get notified of new replies

To Whats the deal with badges???

Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 PM
dixonk
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Ya man thanks.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:50 PM
CircledWagons
Racer

Originally Posted by DropTheTop
I'm not a hater, but I do think that badging the car is wrong. That's great that you upgraded some of the performance parts, but the gauges, seats, and badges are just a little over the top I think. It's a bit confusing, and misrepresenting, but hey - It's your car. If I saw something like that at a local car show though, I'm sure I'd shake my head. If anything, you should have let the car maintain a sleeper look, and let the engine and exhaust do all the talking. That's my take on it.
I think it's human nature to want to embellish a bit. I did a little at first to non-owners of Corvettes, but I learned with one encounter that Vette owners know Vettes and I dropped the BS.

But my real lesson came when I got to chat with owners of older C3's and C4's. Their knowledge of everything Vette astounded me and I could see how proud they were of owning their older model Vettes and wanted me to know just what year it was born.

So, in my opinion, if you want to embellish, do it with non Vette owners.

And you know, folks that have driven Vettes for any reasonable period of time will spot a phony a mile away. and you will loose credibility fast if you show up as one. Just my opinion.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:01 PM
C5naples
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't change your car because of what people here say about it. There is no subject or mod that everyone is going to like 100%. Just enjoy your car. I am sure you put a lot of thought and money in the purchase of the badges no need to change them because a few are offended. In fact offending some purists might be fun.

Quick Reply: Whats the deal with badges???