Sponsored by:

Whats the deal with badges???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 03:54 PM
VIPERBLUELX
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
Wow so now I am being compared to ricers and those people that buy all the goofy stuff off the autozone shelves...nice. Well I guess I better remove them so the people with their precious little 360 rwhp cars don't get butt hurt and cry Jeez cause we all know the Z06 is just SOOO much more than just a meesly little ol regular C5...sigh but then again stepping back and looking at a Z06 the only good looking thing on the car is the f*n badge on it! /rant
If the emblems are the only good looking thing then why did you do the seats, gauges, brake ducts, and rims off a Z06??? :gotrice:
Old 12-02-2008, 03:57 PM
dixonk
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I am referring to the body style. Sorry if I came off harsh. The body style was not my preference. Everything else was. But you know its not a problem. I am going to remove it all of it and it will be all okay. I don't want to be associated with it from what I have seen. At the end of the day I have mine.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:00 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow so now I am being compared to ricers and those people that buy all the goofy stuff off the autozone shelves...nice. Well I guess I better remove them so the people with their precious little 360 rwhp cars don't get butt hurt and cry Jeez cause we all know the Z06 is just SOOO much more than just a meesly little ol regular C5...sigh but then again stepping back and looking at a Z06 the only good looking thing on the car is the f*n badge on it! /rant
The same people who complain about stinkin' badges are often the same people who install heavier wheels/tires and weight adding mega watt stereo systems.
Some people would complain if you hanged them with a brand new rope...
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

What are your opinions?
Well, you did ask for opinions, correct?!
dixonk
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Now just need to check and make sure I am not offending any Z06 owners with my brake ducts and front screens cause my non Z06 brakes probably don't need it anyway and my non LS6 engine probably can't benefit from the added air either.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:03 PM
dixonk
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by vrybad
Well, you did ask for opinions, correct?!
I did ask for opinions and I am glad I got them. I just didn't know the hate ran this deep for them. And I am referring not only to this forum but to others. So I will remove all the stuff.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:03 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

If someone doesn't like your shoes are you going to cave in and change them as well?
It's the owners car to do with as the owner pleases...
Old 12-02-2008, 04:05 PM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwheels57
If someone doesn't like your shoes are you going to cave in and change them as well?
It's the owners car to do with as the owner pleases...
Now that you mention it...I dont think I like his shoes!!!!!

Keep it if ya like it. Just cause I don't like it doesn't mean you should get rid of it.
TooMch
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dixonk, you are getting some unnecessary comparisons. Comparing to ricers, autozone, etc and hearing that badges are sophomoric. I don't think it's called for, but then you did ask for opinions and that is what you are getting.

Actually I was surprised that you got as many favorable responses as you did. My personal opinion is that if there is a package that the manufacturer sells, then the only legitimate time to use the badges that refer to it is if it came from the factory that way. I would never feel right myself if I did anything else. I'd feel like I cheated. Now Z06-like, Z06ish or Z06clone all would be acceptable. alright, j/k. I guess you should have bought a Z06 and had body work done to it to make it into a coupe. That's a little humorous too.

I think the one posters solution to call it an LS1 with the correct ci is a good way to go if you want a badge to announce what you've done. I'm not even much in favor of people who make badges that look like the OEM Z06 badge but actually say something different and put it in the OEM location. That's what I think for me at least.

Hey, mod it the way you want, just don't badge it as something it isn't. It will never be a Z06. It may be like a Z06 or better than a Z06 but it isn't a Z06 no matter how you look at it.

Last edited by TooMch; 12-02-2008 at 04:12 PM.
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

because people like to bitch, thats all. i could careless what you do with your car. Will i make an occasional opinionated comment? sure, but who cares what i think. oh and people are arsholes too i guess. they don't seem to care that there is more than one way of doing some things and don't take into care how the person may feel upon your dumb comment.

note: this does not pertain to anyone specific
Old 12-02-2008, 04:06 PM
ZEEEEOOOOSIC
Drifting

Look whos hating now, its your car bro do with as you please but trust me when a true zo6 pulls up next to you they will be laughing at YOU something your going to have to deal with, if you wanted a true response of opinions you should of posted this in the c5 zo6 section not c5 general everytime i see a post like this it reminds me of the little train that could

Last edited by ZEEEEOOOOSIC; 12-02-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:06 PM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

I did ask for opinions and I am glad I got them. I just didn't know the hate ran this deep for them. And I am referring not only to this forum but to others. So I will remove all the stuff.
Dude, no hate here.
I just would not do it.
Personally, I have seen coupes with the screens and vents, and it looks good.
I just would not badge it as a Z06.
It's all good.

Like it was mentioned, badges that say "408ci" would be sweet.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:07 PM
dixonk
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

You know I just don't want to be the guy at the car show that is outcasted. They are only badges its no big deal. It's not caving in. I personally have a passion for photography so I take a lot of pictures. I don't want when I post pictures the only thing people focus on is my stupid badges. It's just not worth it. Like I said I ordered the badges and didn't think anything of it. Then when I put them on it became the big ugly pimple on my car.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:09 PM
dixonk
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Well thanks for everyones opinions...now off to search on how to remove badges safely off my brand new paint job.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:16 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

You know I just don't want to be the guy at the car show that is outcasted. They are only badges its no big deal. It's not caving in. I personally have a passion for photography so I take a lot of pictures. I don't want when I post pictures the only thing people focus on is my stupid badges. It's just not worth it. Like I said I ordered the badges and didn't think anything of it. Then when I put them on it became the big ugly pimple on my car.
Now it sounds like you're having self doubts about your choice. That's a whole different problem. Decide what makes you happy, not what makes everyone else happy. You're obviously not going to get a consensus of opinion anyway
If it were my car and I liked it with non oem badges, I'd leave them on. As mentioned above, as long as you're not trying to intentionally deceive anyone.
I own a Z16 by the way, so it's not all Z06 owners that think their car is better than someone's coupe.
Personally, when someone adds a bunch of googaws and widgets to their car...and I'm not referring to your badges...the likes of which we see when someone posts an image of an overly gawdy car, it makes me appreciate mine that much more.
But then, I'm the type who usually removes all decals and emblems from our vehicles because I don't believe in advertising for any manufacturer unless they're paying me for it.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:16 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Seriously... I think there is only one person here ranting and getting butt-hurt about anything.

You asked for opinions and you got them. You didn't like some of them and did exactly the same thing that you complained about at first.

My opinion is this.... There are a lot of badges out there that look like Z06 badges. The ones that say LS-1 for example. Personally it's not my taste, but to each his own. However, if you put badges that actually say Z06 on a non-Z06 it's just wrong, plain and simple. It may be faster, have more horsepower, better suspension, and whatever else you did but IT'S STILL NOT A Z06. There are many Vettes on this forum faster than the new ZR-1... should they go buy ZR-1 badges?

I am a Z06 owner. You don't offend me one bit by putting ducts, screens or whatever on your coupe. You may be faster and whatever else... good for you. But if I see a coupe rolling by with Z06 badges on the fender I'm going to laugh every time, exactly like I laugh at every rice rocket that has a Type-R sticker randomly stuck on it somewhere.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:21 PM
corvetteFTW
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by nickolbag
If the badge says "Z06" on it and it is on a coupe that is gay. Kind of like the "Type R" badge on every import out there. Lame, just lame. If it doesn't say "Z06" on it and is just a similar style then I guess its ok. Not my style but to each their own.
finally, i had to scroll halfway down the page to finally see a statement i agree with

Get notified of new replies

To Whats the deal with badges???

Old 12-02-2008, 04:21 PM
dixonk
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Point taken. Like I said before I posted I didn't realize how deep this badge issue ran. Now I know. They are coming off the car in the morning. I know I am not going to please everyone with my car but with this issue I feel like I own the corvette in that picture that always floats around...you know the one with the big wing and every stick on gadget you can think of on it. I don't want to be that guy. I would rather have a car no one talks about at all then to have the car that everyone is snickering about in the corner.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:27 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Point taken. Like I said before I posted I didn't realize how deep this badge issue ran. Now I know. They are coming off the car in the morning. I know I am not going to please everyone with my car but with this issue I feel like I own the corvette in that picture that always floats around...you know the one with the big wing and every stick on gadget you can think of on it. I don't want to be that guy. I would rather have a car no one talks about at all then to have the car that everyone is snickering about in the corner.
For what it's worth... I'm one of the ones that said Z06 badges on a non Z was wrong. BUT Who gives a crap about my opinion?! I have done a few things to my car that people on here didn't like. I did it anyway and couldn't be happier. If you like the badges, keep 'em on and screw what the rest of us think.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:29 PM
threewinmag
Racer

Listen, don't go away mad. Just forget you ever posted this thread and go about your merry way enjoying whatever car you created.

Next time, however, don't think that a post about "opinions" is going to go your way. In fact, assume it won't and that will keep you from having to go through this again!

Quick Reply: Whats the deal with badges???