Sponsored by:

[Z06] What is a 2002 Black Z06 Worth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Mr.GoFast
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a 2002 Black Z06 Worth?

I am currently looking at a 100% stock black Z06. It has 39,000 miles and looks to be in great shape. What is it worth in this economy guys?
Old 11-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Mr.GoFast
Instructor

Anyone?
Old 11-19-2008, 10:54 PM
vettesrgt8
Instructor

how many miles, how's the tranny, clutch, tires, and mods. U need to put more info for people to try and help.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Mariamznm
Drifting

19k. Don't ask this question in the C5 section. Most are in denial and will tell you mid 20's. KBB has it for 18. But real money is 19 and thats just a good price. 18 would be a steal. 19 Would be good deal and 20 is just ok. Anything over 20 I would just pass unless it has new tires and some nice aftermarket wheels that come along with factory wheels.

I too am in the market for an 01 or 02 with less than 50k miles for under 20k.

Last edited by Mariamznm; 11-20-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:25 PM
ls1impulse
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mariamznm
19k. Don't ask this question in the C5 section. Most are in denial and will tell you mid 20's. KBB has it for 18. But real money is 19 and thats just a good price. 18 would be a steal. 19 Would be good deal and 20 is just ok. Anything over 21 I would just pass unless it has new tires and some nice aftermarket wheels that come along with factory wheels.

I too am in the market for an 01 or 02 with less than 50k miles for under 20k.
yup, so many people are trying to sell these for what they would have gone for a year ago, 99% of them are unsuccessful - this guys pricing sounds very realistic if the seller actually plans to get the car sold!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:01 AM
Mariamznm
Drifting

Originally Posted by ls1impulse
yup, so many people are trying to sell these for what they would have gone for a year ago, 99% of them are unsuccessful - this guys pricing sounds very realistic if the seller actually plans to get the car sold!
I don't know what it is about these asking prices. Has someone recently sold their 02Z (stock) with avg 40k miles and got 26k for it? I am in the market for one but I am so frustrated with the prices sometimes I don't even bother looking in the for sale section. I am not trying to sound mean here. Wife has an 07 Escalade and I paid 60k for it come December will be 1yr ago. Now its worth 35k at best. It's just the way it is.

About a year ago before I made the awful mistake of trading my C5 in for a C6 ebaymotors had about 280 C6's for sale. Now its well over 600. With the prices they are asking for it the market will get flooded and flooded and prices will come down even further. Everybody knows the economy is in the sh**er. And everyone will penny pinch whatever they can to get an unbelievable deal. Otherwise they will pass. Money isn't growing on trees anymore like last year or the year prior when someone can just pay an extra thousand or 2 and think nothing of it. Now I do believe that when the economy will get better we all will laugh at what we could have bought a Z for. And probably in 20yrs good luck getting one for under 50k. These cars will be classics. Not the C6 though. That car just plain sucks.

Last edited by Mariamznm; 11-20-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:08 AM
cjlaw73
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Galves says $19,350 on trade, and $20,850 for market ready.

With this crappy economy I have been quoted Glaves values lately from dealers. Its based on auction prices.

(BTW, if anyone needs one, shoot me a PM - just renewed my subscription for 30 days.)
Old 11-20-2008, 11:20 AM
walt spangler
Intermediate

Default Z06

20K OBO to start?? the prices are getting extremely low ...good luck..
Old 11-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Mr.GoFast
Instructor

Even if I do buy one for 19K, is that a good deal considering that the economy is probably going to get worse before it gets better?
Old 11-20-2008, 12:07 PM
cjlaw73
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AutoWreckerMES
Even if I do buy one for 19K, is that a good deal considering that the economy is probably going to get worse before it gets better?
Depends on what you plan to do with the Vette and how long you are willing to wait to get one.

Putting the uncertainty of the market to the side, you can usually get Vettes cheaper in the winter in some areas do to the weather.

Last edited by cjlaw73; 11-20-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:22 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't know what it is about these asking prices. Has someone recently sold their 02Z (stock) with avg 40k miles and got 26k for it? I am in the market for one but I am so frustrated with the prices sometimes I don't even bother looking in the for sale section. I am not trying to sound mean here. Wife has an 07 Escalade and I paid 60k for it come December will be 1yr ago. Now its worth 35k at best. It's just the way it is.

About a year ago before I made the awful mistake of trading my C5 in for a C6 ebaymotors had about 280 C6's for sale. Now its well over 600. With the prices they are asking for it the market will get flooded and flooded and prices will come down even further. Everybody knows the economy is in the sh**er. And everyone will penny pinch whatever they can to get an unbelievable deal. Otherwise they will pass. Money isn't growing on trees anymore like last year or the year prior when someone can just pay an extra thousand or 2 and think nothing of it. Now I do believe that when the economy will get better we all will laugh at what we could have bought a Z for. And probably in 20yrs good luck getting one for under 50k. These cars will be classics. Not the C6 though. That car just plain sucks.
well said
Old 11-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Mr.GoFast
Instructor

So do you think that C5 Z06 Vettes will go even lower than 18 or 19K? I'm not seeing any promise with a sharp economy turnaround any time soon.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

So do you think that C5 Z06 Vettes will go even lower than 18 or 19K? I'm not seeing any promise with a sharp economy turnaround any time soon.
yes
Old 11-20-2008, 03:15 PM
ls1impulse
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rustyguns
yes
In some cases I honestly feel that there value has already dropped to that, but the people who currently own them just hate to admit it to themselves and continue to ask 26-27K, which is why if you check the completed items on eBay maybe 1 in 15 vettes listed actually sold (and they didn't sell for 26-27K)
Old 11-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Mariamznm
Drifting

I think they have a few grand more to go. They will just be a thousand or 2 more than just a regular C5 coupe. But the 75k + mileage ones will hover around mid teens IMO.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Mariamznm
Drifting

It's like buying a big screen TV. You know the prices will keep coming down. Question is how soon you want one. It's all timing. Your not getting any younger. Yea wait another 2yrs and save yourself another 2-3 grand. But thats another 2-3 yrs of summer driving you could have had. Like anything else you have to pay to have fun. Now are you going to keep watching your old TV because you know that 65inch that costs 4k now will cost 2k in 2yrs? Or do you want it NOW!!!!! Thats the question. In a way I want to get the Z now just so I know I have it. But no reason at this point since its winter. But I don't think I want to go next summer without a vette therefore I will pay whatever market value is come spring. Knowing that probably in another year I could have saved another 1 or 2k but the fun will outweigh the money.

Originally Posted by ls1impulse
In some cases I honestly feel that there value has already dropped to that, but the people who currently own them just hate to admit it to themselves and continue to ask 26-27K, which is why if you check the completed items on eBay maybe 1 in 15 vettes listed actually sold (and they didn't sell for 26-27K)
December 07 I bought an 07 Escalade AWD with the luxury package. It stickered for 67k. I got employee price (Dealer promotion to sell the car) and paid 59k. With taxes and all it came out to be I think 64k OTD. Here is what they are going for now. And it hasn't even been a year.
Same options
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...1%7C240%3A1308

And who knows if thats even a fair price. I hit completed listings and some were at 30 and 31. Now if I was to sell it I am not going to put it up for 45k obo. People don't have disposable income like they use to. Everyone is hanging onto their money. They will penny pinch what they can and do research just to save themselves 100 bucks. Times have changed big time. I remember getting bumped 200 when I bought my Mazda last year. I thought nothing of it. But now in these times I would have just walked away. Also things that I planned on returning. Just out of lazyness I would let 10 dollars here and there go and think nothing of it. Same with rebates. Now I make sure before I buy anything I check for coupons and I mail in rebates. Last rebate I mailed was for $20 to a set of dishes wife bought. I don't know why people post unrealistic asking prices for their cars. People are on the up and up with this stuff. I say just cut the B.S and post it for real money with less than 1k for negotiation. REAL buyers wont offer you 15k for an 02 with 40k Z06. There comes that respect level like I am asking a realistic price for my car just don't waste my time. And you will see buyers offer you close to your asking price for the car. People are way more educated on how to spend their money now than they were a few years ago.

Last edited by Mariamznm; 11-20-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Mr.GoFast
Instructor

That is very good logic. I do want it nowww! However, I don't want to lose my *** 2 to 3 years from now either... I believe that if I can buy a good Z06 like the one I am looking at for 18-20k, I'll be in decent shape come time to sell. What do you think?

Get notified of new replies

To What is a 2002 Black Z06 Worth?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:38 PM
TGstring
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Default c5 market

It's like buying a big screen TV. You know the prices will keep coming down. Question is how soon you want one. It's all timing. Your not getting any younger. Yea wait another 2yrs and save yourself another 2-3 grand. But thats another 2-3 yrs of summer driving you could have had. Like anything else you have to pay to have fun. Now are you going to keep watching your old TV because you know that 65inch that costs 4k now will cost 2k in 2yrs? Or do you want it NOW!!!!! Thats the question. In a way I want to get the Z now just so I know I have it. But no reason at this point since its winter. But I don't think I want to go next summer without a vette therefore I will pay whatever market value is come spring. Knowing that probably in another year I could have saved another 1 or 2k but the fun will outweigh the money.

December 07 I bought an 07 Escalade AWD with the luxury package. It stickered for 67k. I got employee price (Dealer promotion to sell the car) and paid 59k. With taxes and all it came out to be I think 64k OTD. Here is what they are going for now. And it hasn't even been a year.
Same options
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...1%7C240%3A1308

And who knows if thats even a fair price. I hit completed listings and some were at 30 and 31. Now if I was to sell it I am not going to put it up for 45k obo. People don't have disposable income like they use to. Everyone is hanging onto their money. They will penny pinch what they can and do research just to save themselves 100 bucks. Times have changed big time. I remember getting bumped 200 when I bought my Mazda last year. I thought nothing of it. But now in these times I would have just walked away. Also things that I planned on returning. Just out of lazyness I would let 10 dollars here and there go and think nothing of it. Same with rebates. Now I make sure before I buy anything I check for coupons and I mail in rebates. Last rebate I mailed was for $20 to a set of dishes wife bought. I don't know why people post unrealistic asking prices for their cars. People are on the up and up with this stuff. I say just cut the B.S and post it for real money with less than 1k for negotiation. REAL buyers wont offer you 15k for an 02 with 40k Z06. There comes that respect level like I am asking a realistic price for my car just don't waste my time. And you will see buyers offer you close to your asking price for the car. People are way more educated on how to spend their money now than they were a few years ago.

God bless you for calling a spade a spade.

I think we're related.

It's a buyer's market. Sellers will have to grin and bear it or hope for greener pastures 6 months from now when even more economical shambles are exposed.

I found my C5 after looking for the longest time. Easily inquired seriously with at least 30 sellers...unfortunately, 29 of them were useless...the one guy I bought it from was selling a car that I didn't even really want- but he was down to earth, I had cash in hand and it worked out for both of us.

To the buyers I say: BE PATIENT...the deals are coming.
To the sellers I say: Get what you can and run, OR, if you're sitting on a cream puff, ride it out and hope things get better...
Old 11-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Z-THREAT
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mods I think this belongs in another section. Good luck in your pursuits.

Regards-

John
Old 11-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Mariamznm
Drifting

Originally Posted by TGstring
God bless you for calling a spade a spade.

I think we're related.

It's a buyer's market. Sellers will have to grin and bear it or hope for greener pastures 6 months from now when even more economical shambles are exposed.

I found my C5 after looking for the longest time. Easily inquired seriously with at least 30 sellers...unfortunately, 29 of them were useless...the one guy I bought it from was selling a car that I didn't even really want- but he was down to earth, I had cash in hand and it worked out for both of us.

To the buyers I say: BE PATIENT...the deals are coming.
To the sellers I say: Get what you can and run, OR, if you're sitting on a cream puff, ride it out and hope things get better...

That is very good logic. I do want it nowww! However, I don't want to lose my *** 2 to 3 years from now either... I believe that if I can buy a good Z06 like the one I am looking at for 18-20k, I'll be in decent shape come time to sell. What do you think?
3 yrs ago I bought a EDTV Plasma. Not even HDTV. It's 42 Inch and I bought it from Best Buy. I paid 2400 for it (that was the price going for plasma tv's then). Now you can get it at Target for 349.00. And I knew this buying it but I did it because I wanted it now. I have no regrets because at the time it looked nice on my bedroom wall and I enjoyed watching TV on it. I still have it. I to want a Z06 NOW (well by spring no need now because of snow but you know what I mean.) Economy is crazy right now. But I have a good amount saved up where I can dish out half cash and think nothing of it. Would it be wise to wait 2yrs and save myself another 2k. Yea maybe. But I will be 34 then. And who knows what my situation may be then. I may not have the opportunity to put half cash. Or what if 2yrs from now I could say to myself I could have paid this thing off by now.

I say buy it now if you want it now. BUT don't pay more than what the market is saying its worth. I can understand waiting if for example a new body style is coming out in 2yrs and you want the new body style. But thats not the case. If your in the position to buy it now then do it. Your not getting any younger but don't pay over 19k for a Z with avg miles.

Last edited by Mariamznm; 11-20-2008 at 11:58 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] What is a 2002 Black Z06 Worth?