Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Louder exhaust w/o alienating neigboors-coming from Corsa Indy and Cam

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Hologram7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Louder exhaust w/o alienating neigboors-coming from Corsa Indy and Cam

Hi everyone, as the title says I am looking for a different exhaust setup from my Corsa indy pace car...I love my Corsa indy pace cars at WOT, but would like to just get a tad louder sound at lower rpms, but without a DRASTIC change in low rpm sound and start-up idle.

Basically I don't want to alienate my neigboors in the morning and night with the start ups. Knowone has complaind so I know I can go a tad bit louder, and I just cammed down anyway for DD from my 228/232 113 to a 224/228 114. I also have LG pro LT headers.

I would like a deeper sound and louder tone at low rpms...for my Corsa pace car I have to get on it past 3500 to really be heard... No borla stinger please I have heard a Z06 with the stinger and without aftermarket headers and no cam and it was louder then my car which does have headers and cam.

Only options I can think of for a tad bit louder setup are GHL bullets, the brand new Corsa Xtreme for the c5 which is deeper then the Indy Pace Car....or High flow cats(not sure how loud HFC's would change the pace cars on idle?)..What would fit the bill for a tad bit louder setup....Again main concern is the idle.

Deciding factors for a tad louder setup:
GHL Bullets---Corsa Xtreme, or ---HFC's
If the Corsa Xtremes are louder then the GHL Bullets then the Bullets are for me, but if the HFC's are what I need without making a DRASTIC change in sound then that might be a good option for me...I can't find the answer to this question because the Xtremes are pretty new and someone here should be able to make the comparison for me compared to GHL bullets or adding HFC's to my Corsa Pace.

Best Regards,
TVL

Last edited by Hologram7; 11-14-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:10 AM
08 ATOMIC-Z
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I have KOOK's HF Cats and CORSA PACECAR with Tiger shark tips and I like the sound. Most people who here the car like the sound at idle and all the way to WOT. Plus there is no drone. I would try the changing the CATS and X-PIPE first. Less expensive.

If you are looking for that mustang sound at idle it will never happen.

I am not a big mustang fan but sometimes they sound pretty good.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Hologram7
Instructor

Originally Posted by 04VaVette
I have KOOK's HF Cats and CORSA PACECAR with Tiger shark tips and I like the sound. Most people who here the car like the sound at idle and all the way to WOT. Plus there is no drone. I would try the changing the CATS and X-PIPE first. Less expensive.

If you are looking for that mustang sound at idle it will never happen.

Adding HFC's seems like a great option.
Also how much louder did your HFC's intensify your idle on the pace cars compared to stock cats.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:26 PM
itzza427
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd give the new Corsa Extreme a shot,,,Supposed to sound great and still with no drone!!! Supposed to be 5lbs lighter to boot!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 04:20 PM
C02VETTE
Instructor

Originally Posted by itzza427
I'd give the new Corsa Extreme a shot,,,Supposed to sound great and still with no drone!!! Supposed to be 5lbs lighter to boot!!!
I've got that system and i am surprised how loud it isn't. It does pop and gurgle when you decelerate. I'm pretty happy with mine. Still has a little bit of drone.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Corvette Don
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Z06 ti exhaust with DMH cutouts
Old 11-15-2008, 04:39 PM
BUBBAS 01Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 04VaVette

They do sound great !
Old 11-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Hologram7
Instructor

Originally Posted by itzza427
I would love stay in the Corsa family, I actually called Corsa directly and spoke to a gentlemen there yesterday, and he did recommend the Xtreme.
I even told him I am looking for a tad bit louder setup but nothing drastictly louder.....and he said that the xtremes aren't necessarily much louder at idle, but they are deeper......this fits the bill guys esp. with my mods...I will be saving up for it and im glad at least Corsa are still making brand new exhausts for our C5's!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:20 PM
JJ25
Racer

Originally Posted by Corvette Don
Z06 ti exhaust with DMH cutouts
I vote for and have this set up. Stock quite with cutouts closed, NASCAR loud when open. Done with a rocker switch from the drivers seat.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:00 PM
dobewillie
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

offend away my friend
Old 11-15-2008, 09:02 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

hmmm, I don't know what exhaust..if you want louder it's gonna be louder and deeper. There is no such thing as a louder exhaust than a Corsa Pace Car, without offending neighbors. Not trying to be a dick, but I've heard the GHL Bullets, and they are pretty loud..especially on a Cammed car with headers like yours.

Can't have your cake and eat it too
Old 11-15-2008, 09:07 PM
AFTRBRNR
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have Borla Stingers on a LS2 with G5X3 cam and LG Pro LT...

The neighbors can hear it AND feel it when I start the car!
Old 11-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Hologram7
Instructor

Originally Posted by FrankTank
hmmm, I don't know what exhaust..if you want louder it's gonna be louder and deeper. There is no such thing as a louder exhaust than a Corsa Pace Car, without offending neighbors. Not trying to be a dick, but I've heard the GHL Bullets, and they are pretty loud..especially on a Cammed car with headers like yours.

Can't have your cake and eat it too
No problem Thank you anyway, I have heard quality videos of GHL bullets with same mods, I can also conclude that they might be too much for what I have been looking for..the choice after discussing this with you guys comes down to DMH cutouts or the new Corsa Xtreme which are suppost to be deeper and thats what I actually would love to have without a drastic change from the Pace Cars as far as idle sound goes.

I am glad that I have narrowed it down further just have to decide if I want the same sound all the time, or run on exhaust then instantly go to the nascar loud electric cutouts....anyone with cutouts get any cops following you because of the ability to heard u from a mile away?

I have an expert welder in mind if I go cutouts, and I know I can end up selling my pace cars without a problem If I got to Corsa Xtremes, so I assume the price of these two options would be close. So this is a hard decision. So if anyone has anymore videos of electric cutouts with headers and cam then please post them!
Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 PM
JJ25
Racer

Originally Posted by TheVetteLevel
No problem Thank you anyway, I have heard quality videos of GHL bullets with same mods, I can also conclude that they might be too much for what I have been looking for..the choice after discussing this with you guys comes down to DMH cutouts or the new Corsa Xtreme which are suppost to be deeper and thats what I actually would love to have without a drastic change from the Pace Cars as far as idle sound goes.

I am glad that I have narrowed it down further just have to decide if I want the same sound all the time, or run on exhaust then instantly go to the nascar loud electric cutouts....anyone with cutouts get any cops following you because of the ability to heard u from a mile away?

I have an expert welder in mind if I go cutouts, and I know I can end up selling my pace cars without a problem If I got to Corsa Xtremes, so I assume the price of these two options would be close. So this is a hard decision. So if anyone has anymore videos of electric cutouts with headers and cam then please post them!
Did you get my link brotha?
Old 11-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Hologram7
Instructor

Originally Posted by AFTRBRNR
I have Borla Stingers on a LS2 with G5X3 cam and LG Pro LT...

The neighbors can hear it AND feel it when I start the car!
Lol I like the stingers, Id get em if my car wasn't a DD. Have you ever thought of switching to a quieter exhaust from the stingers and going to electric cutouts so you can be stealthy about the situation?
Old 11-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Hologram7
Instructor

Originally Posted by JJ25
Did you get my link brotha?
Hi Jim this video is sweet! Thank you, I have it bookmarked, we have the same cam specs, and the cutout seems to make the cam 10x more noticeable!. Did you have lt headers on the car as well?
Old 11-15-2008, 11:27 PM
JJ25
Racer

I did....LT's and no cats. I'll be rolling through the TX area (I-10) on my way to NM on or about 21 Dec with my "new" '03 Z06 with a cam, American Racing headers, no cats, and the cutouts if you want to meet up.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Louder exhaust w/o alienating neigboors-coming from Corsa Indy and Cam

Old 11-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Hologram7
Instructor

Originally Posted by JJ25
I did....LT's and no cats. I'll be rolling through the TX area (I-10) on my way to NM on or about 21 Dec with my "new" '03 Z06 with a cam, American Racing headers, no cats, and the cutouts if you want to meet up.
Pm me with your route details, would also be great to check out your vette with the centri blower
Old 11-16-2008, 12:44 AM
JJ25
Racer

I dont have that Z any longer. I now have a TR Z with a crate LS6, TEA heads, cam, and the exhaust I mentioned earlier.

Map quest has me taking I-20 through the Dallas. I won't be going through until about 20 Dec. I can PM you when times draws closer. I'll have a car loaded with a set of golf clubs, 32" flat panel tv, and all the clothes I own, xbox...etc etc. LOL Who said you can't haul anything in a Z? LOL
Old 11-16-2008, 09:05 AM
08 ATOMIC-Z
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TheVetteLevel
Adding HFC's seems like a great option.
Also how much louder did your HFC's intensify your idle on the pace cars compared to stock cats.
It is a little louder but it is not bad. Makes the cam sound nice. It quites down some as it gets heat in the system also. I can make a video of it at idle if you want to here it. It is not a loud as my lightning is though and has no drone at all at any rpm. It is almost quite at cruz speed, we can have the stereo on and have a conversation at normal communication levels.

Quick Reply: Need Louder exhaust w/o alienating neigboors-coming from Corsa Indy and Cam