Sponsored by:

[Z06] MT ET street DR's

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:35 PM
SSmokinSS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default MT ET street DR's

OH snap! can't wait to get these things on!

Old 10-30-2008, 08:27 PM
BonestockZ06
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear you need a good rear to run those. They hook like a son of a #$%^. Good luck..
Old 10-30-2008, 08:33 PM
SSmokinSS
Racer

Originally Posted by BonestockZ06
I hear you need a good rear to run those. They hook like a son of a #$%^. Good luck..
i'm bone stock lol. not pushing any serious power. but man, i cant believe how soft these are! hope i don't break anything!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:38 PM
BonestockZ06
Drifting

Originally Posted by SSmokinSS
i'm bone stock lol. not pushing any serious power. but man, i cant believe how soft these are! hope i don't break anything!
Only thing I can tell you is ride that clutch and try to never Dead Hook.. Great Fricking tire bro.. Looks huge
Old 10-30-2008, 08:44 PM
SSmokinSS
Racer

Only thing I can tell you is ride that clutch and try to never Dead Hook.. Great Fricking tire bro.. Looks huge
thanks for the advice
Old 10-31-2008, 09:19 AM
HWY HNTR
Burning Brakes

bye bye rear. lol
Old 10-31-2008, 12:44 PM
Kurtomac
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rear will be fine....people have gone some pretty low 60ft on the stock rear....its the output shaft that goes....im worried bout breakin my output shaft too (just got my ET street Drag radials in too 275 40 17) but you got the newer model...i think they look bad ****....seems as long as you dont shock the rear you should be good....rears seem to hold up better to et streets bias ply due to the sidewall flex a little give in the tire seems to go a long way in saving a rear
Old 10-31-2008, 01:15 PM
HWY HNTR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
rear will be fine....people have gone some pretty low 60ft on the stock rear....its the output shaft that goes....im worried bout breakin my output shaft too (just got my ET street Drag radials in too 275 40 17) but you got the newer model...i think they look bad ****....seems as long as you dont shock the rear you should be good....rears seem to hold up better to et streets bias ply due to the sidewall flex a little give in the tire seems to go a long way in saving a rear
Bro, please post a pic of these mounted on the car. I just bought a set of 17x9.5 Z06 rims I want to run with at the track and was considering those tires.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:17 PM
Kurtomac
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same thing I did...got stock speedline fronts and these tires for track days....havnt got them mounted yet though
Old 10-31-2008, 01:35 PM
HWY HNTR
Burning Brakes

....or should i get Hoosiers
Old 10-31-2008, 03:56 PM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
Those tires are awesome man! I have a set in the garge just like that on OEM fronts, and first day out, the car went 1.5 short, stock clutch, stock rear, only mods vararam, LTs and a tune. You will be fine man. I would say 3-4k slip, settle, to the wood and enjoy the short time. Good luck man
Dave
Old 10-31-2008, 05:21 PM
BonestockZ06
Drifting

Originally Posted by chiefDave
Those tires are awesome man! I have a set in the garge just like that on OEM fronts, and first day out, the car went 1.5 short, stock clutch, stock rear, only mods vararam, LTs and a tune. You will be fine man. I would say 3-4k slip, settle, to the wood and enjoy the short time. Good luck man
Dave
I agree that the stock rear can handle it (due to his stock HP level) as far as the driver refrains from making launch errors, however I can tell you that he's not going to get 1.5's launching at 3-4k.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:34 PM
SSmokinSS
Racer

the out put shafts/torque tube/half shafts whatever can't possibly be any worse than on my cobalt ss. broke 3 of those but that was throughout 300 passes at the track. can someone provide me with a link for some upgraded half shafts please? and i wont be cutting even close to a 1.5 at the track i race at.(if in fact you even want to call it that). i'd be happy with a 1.8 there. they turn Qualcomm stadium's(where the san diego chargers play) parking lot into an 1/8th mile strip with minimal track prep. mostly for fun. i'd go to a 1/4 mile track but i'd have to drive 2 hours and i dont want to risk breaking something and having to tow my **** 2 hours home.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:08 AM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

I agree that the stock rear can handle it (due to his stock HP level) as far as the driver refrains from making launch errors, however I can tell you that he's not going to get 1.5's launching at 3-4k.
Maybe he needs seat time, but hell, I did a 1.5 my first day on et street radials. Mods where cai, lg lt, tune and the ETs. I am NOT RobZ so if I can, anyone can. I dropped my 60 from 1.83 to 1.5s with the only change being tires (bfg drs to mt et street rdials). Less then 1.5s and things gota be right, and even when they are, bad things can happen. Thanks!
Dave
Old 11-01-2008, 10:39 AM
BonestockZ06
Drifting

Maybe he needs seat time, but hell, I did a 1.5 my first day on et street radials. Mods where cai, lg lt, tune and the ETs. I am NOT RobZ so if I can, anyone can. I dropped my 60 from 1.83 to 1.5s with the only change being tires (bfg drs to mt et street rdials). Less then 1.5s and things gota be right, and even when they are, bad things can happen. Thanks!
Dave
Well if you did, you must be special. The only person I know to get in the 1.5x's in semi/stock form was Dr.Ron and even he admitted to having an aftermarket clutch, hardened output shaft and brace. His launch was at 6200-6300 rpms.

Again, if you cut 1.5x 60 on your first time on DR's and launching between 3-4k, with nothing but CAI & Tune, then more power to you, but I don't believe you.

I have a good friend running an 01 z making 389rwhp with factory clutch, hardened shaft and brace. He lauches at 4500k and averages 1.75 short times. I ran DR's last year and I'm running DR's this year. I never launched any higher than around 3500k rpms and never managed a better 60's than 1.83. Gary2004z06 launches at 5000k rpms and has yet to cut a 1.5x 60' and thats with an aftermarket clutch and hardened shaft as well. Furthermore, I can't think of any better drivers out there now (excluding ranger) than Dr.Ron and Gary..

I would have to see your claim to believe it. I'm not making this up, this is the thread where they posted the info themselves.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2170788
Old 11-01-2008, 11:21 AM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Well if you did, you must be special. The only person I know to get in the 1.5x's in semi/stock form was Dr.Ron and even he admitted to having an aftermarket clutch, hardened output shaft and brace. His launch was at 6200-6300 rpms.

Again, if you cut 1.5x 60 on your first time on DR's and launching between 3-4k, with nothing but CAI & Tune, then more power to you, but I don't believe you.

I have a good friend running an 01 z making 389rwhp with factory clutch, hardened shaft and brace. He lauches at 4500k and averages 1.75 short times. I ran DR's last year and I'm running DR's this year. I never launched any higher than around 3500k rpms and never managed a better 60's than 1.83. Gary2004z06 launches at 5000k rpms and has yet to cut a 1.5x 60' and thats with an aftermarket clutch and hardened shaft as well. Furthermore, I can't think of any better drivers out there now (excluding ranger) than Dr.Ron and Gary..

I would have to see your claim to believe it. I'm not making this up, this is the thread where they posted the info themselves.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2170788
Read my post, furst time on et st drs, as I moved frpm BFG drs. Belive me or not, I do not care. MSG Huff eas there, so no worries on my side. I deployed again later the next week, and when I returned, we had added both output shafts, DTE brace, and a cam and an early aussie clutch and my 60s stayed in the 1.5s. I could launch much higher then, and yes, I saw 1.4 60s then.

Bluff, do not belive me as it just does not matter. I have a stack of over 200 slips and I cut 1.8 60s first day, bone stock. Seat time helps more then mods. There are great drivers out there and I am not one of them, but great drivers get some great times. I have watched Dr. Ron, RobZ, Pray and others do things in these cars that amaze me. Things I can not do. I never did well with BFG Drs and I cut identical street tire shorts with those, and my point to all this is the MT ET ST DRs are a great tire and can cut a great 60 with very little mods. I was posting my experiances with them trying to help another member. Start @ 18psi hot, get them very hot first pass, and a good clean after and get some heat in them, that is a good amount of white smoke, and let them roll ahead. Have a great day.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:30 AM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All it takes is a quick post of the time slip with that 1.5 60 footer...then discussion will end with the facts...otherwise mine as well say you did a 1.3. I dont have time slips cause I use the freeways and they haven't installed timing devices on them yet for me.

Last edited by briann510; 11-01-2008 at 11:33 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To MT ET street DR's

Old 11-01-2008, 11:41 AM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by briann510
All it takes is a quick post of the time slip with that 1.5 60 footer...then discussion will end with the facts...otherwise mine as well say you did a 1.3. I dont have time slips cause I use the freeways and they haven't installed timing devices on them yet for me.
My old slip was posted in a thread in 04, when the car had those mods. There was a z list back then and much of the older times and slips are not on the new list. Yea, I need to dig them out and post them in the new z list, but the ets are not special. My big end sucks, so much so, I have not raced in over a year, that and I keep breaking rears. I have been posting slips here since 03 man , and none where special. The only thing special I have done is break rears... and got some nice wheels up launches. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:45 AM
BonestockZ06
Drifting

Read my post, furst time on et st drs, as I moved frpm BFG drs. Belive me or not, I do not care. MSG Huff eas there, so no worries on my side. I deployed again later the next week, and when I returned, we had added both output shafts, DTE brace, and a cam and an early aussie clutch and my 60s stayed in the 1.5s. I could launch much higher then, and yes, I saw 1.4 60s then.

Bluff, do not belive me as it just does not matter. I have a stack of over 200 slips and I cut 1.8 60s first day, bone stock. Seat time helps more then mods. There are great drivers out there and I am not one of them, but great drivers get some great times. I have watched Dr. Ron, RobZ, Pray and others do things in these cars that amaze me. Things I can not do. I never did well with BFG Drs and I cut identical street tire shorts with those, and my point to all this is the MT ET ST DRs are a great tire and can cut a great 60 with very little mods. I was posting my experiances with them trying to help another member. Start @ 18psi hot, get them very hot first pass, and a good clean after and get some heat in them, that is a good amount of white smoke, and let them roll ahead. Have a great day.
I re-read your post and it states you went 1.5x 60' bone stock except for CAI, LT and Tune, right? So then you added a cam, an aftermarket clutch and built rear, but your 60' didn't improve til you began launching higher?

Do I have this right so far? So whats did I miss? That you wasn't stock?

All I want to know is, did you cut 1.5x 60' launching no higher than 4000k rpms when your only mods were CAI and LT's? Because from your first post, thats what you said (or at least implied) and I don't believe it's been done with 100% stock clutch and rear. Thats all I'm saying. I not trying to discredit you, just don't think it's possible without at least a good clutch and a way higher rpm launch.

Either way, I'll leave it at that. If you did do it while stock, then power to you.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:07 PM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Here is the slip on a thursday, mods are LG Pro Lts (did not have streets back then), tune by CAM, vararam, and BFG Drs. The bfgs did nothing for me short time or anywhere else. Rear end, clutch bomne stock. I was excited to see my first 11 as before LTs and tune, car was 11.3 @ 114, anway, here is the slip, not impressive:

A few days later, I got the MT Et streets, and they made a huge delta. I ran 11.82 @ 118 with a 1.59 60. I was headed out agin in the am, and the tire where new, so I realy heated them up, came out right @ 4k and it hooked hard. Looking for FMS slips now as scine I moved, I am a bit disorganized (like my driving) and I have my Jackson and Richmond slips but no Fayetteville slips. I did not post it on photobucket or here, as I was gone in the am. Still looking.
BLUFF I love thise tires and they where a huge change for me. Hell with my slicks and skinnies with now built 390, shafts, side cover, dte brace, M12 by RPM, 2nd aussie, no front sway bar, 10/90 shocks up front (h/c, intake, tb...) my best 60 is 1.460. All that for .13 delta when a tire got me a change of .23 in short time. Thanks!

Quick Reply: [Z06] MT ET street DR's