Sponsored by:

rear rotors replace

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Silvervetteconv
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear rotors replace

i need to replace my rear rotors as i have brake pulsing when i stop .. i have already replaced my fronts and most of the problem was resolved but i suspect the remaining pulsing is from the rear.. my question is; do i need any special tools to retract the rear calipers and are there any other differences to replace the rears compared to the fronts? ... any help will be appreciated .. thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 12:34 PM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Rotors

Hi, you're in for alot of fun. Really it's not too bad. I see you have an older vette, so your rear rotors may be a little harder to remove. Get aquainted on how to properly do this, by going to the tech section and the upper right corner of the screen it should say something like Show theads. click on that & type in rotors. You will get more than enough information that you will need. This is what I used this past winter, when I changed out mine. Good luck, and thats great to be able to do this job yourself!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:03 PM
clayton1
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You did the front so you should be fine doing the rear. Same thing, just make sure the parking brake is not applied.

Get notified of new replies

To rear rotors replace

Quick Reply: rear rotors replace