Sponsored by:

Do hypertech programers work!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:55 PM
drivenman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do hypertech programers work!

Have performance exhaust cat back and K&N filter. Will a hyper111 or there newest programer add much?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Robls6
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a set of long tube headers and a professional dyno tune and you'll pick up probably 35 rwhp or so. I wouldn't waste my money on a tune in a box.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:08 PM
MyBlueC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05
CI VI Veteran

I'm not a "seat of your pants" kinda guy but a few years ago I installed your setup on a lifted 4WD Yukon.

The ad claimed 30 HP... yeah, sure... whatever. I can honestly tell you that the rear suspension would squat and haul butt. I couldn't believe it. The do work and help.

Having said that, it's not to be compared to actually getting your car dynotuned. Don't mix the two up.... it works well for what you're paying but definitely not as effective as someone on a dyno.

On the other hand, there are a few advantages. If you change gear ratio or tire size, you make those changes also.

Also, if you install a 160 degree thermostat, you can program that into your ecm and it will change when your vehicle goes into closed loop.

In a nutshell, if you don't plan on doing any other major mods, then get the programmer. If you think you may get into more serious engine mods... don't waste the money, wait until you dyno it.

HTH's,

Mark

EDIT: I meant to clarify... the ad said 30HP added. The programmer DOES help but in between exhaust, cold air intake and programmer, you may see 15-20 (I think 20 is even being generous)

Nonetheless, it's a noticeable seat of your pants difference.

I didn't mean to insinuate that you will get 30HP out of it.....

Last edited by MyBlueC5; 08-13-2008 at 06:04 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Do hypertech programers work!

Quick Reply: Do hypertech programers work!