Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horrible experience with Vince from iForged, and Kenneth from The Mod City!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 03:50 PM
floridarob
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I read it. Unless I was on the other line, its all he said , she said
Probably not much useful you can contribute to the thread then.

iForged has had a questionable rep for a long time, going way back to when they were knocking off other peoples designs. I ordered a set of wheels for a Carrera several years ago and it degenerated into a mess with me finally having the credit card co chargeback to end it. There's been similar threads over on the Porsche forums.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,439 Likes on 14,048 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Taryn - sorry you are having to go through all this. Hope that you can get this all resolved without much more aggravation.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:36 PM
black98c5
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WvCorvette
Knocking those guys off the list of potential vendors....
Sorry to hear about that. Hope you get your money back.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:54 PM
zonsolo
Drifting

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
About four years ago Iforged was a vendor here... after so many complaints and bad service and wrong wheels sent, and all the BS that went along with it more than a half dozen people were stuck with their money in the hands of Iforged and no wheels for over nine months, and when finally totally proven to be trouble , Iforged was thrown off this website... Vince came here and said one day that the corvette forum could go screw themself for all he cares... The wheels were always awesome, but even after four years, they are screwing over people.. using the same tactics as before, BS and deception... some things never change,,, I'M also sure many people got their wheels in a timely manner and were correct.... but no one should be fed the line of BS that has taken place here. Many of us were about to order Iforged wheels before we saw their true colors... they still appear to need most of the work in the customer service area.. and complete removal of the BS factor.
Vince was then and still is now a real piece of work... for lack of a better term...
It also takes a lot to be thrown off this forum as a Vendor
Does C/F offer a list of expelled vendors? That would be handy. I wasn't on this forum 4 years ago so this was news to me.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:56 PM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 348 Likes on 192 Posts

I've been here a long time and I've seen MANY posts like this over the years about iForged. And I've heard similar stories on other forums as well. It amazes me that nothing has changed, even with new vendors, etc. They do make some beautiful wheels, so it's a real shame. I went with CCW and their proven customer service.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:59 PM
ericdwong
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Dang dude.. and I thought my Fedex problems were bad... best of luck. That's in-sane.

(no I have no relation to vince)
Old 07-24-2008, 05:03 PM
EBZ16
Instructor

thank you for posting this, I definitely will not be doing business with Iforged or Mod City and will be sure to pass this story on to local car enthusiasts
Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 PM
johncbourg
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '09

So the question is this to all of YOU.

How many of you actually bought iForged wheels and had a bad experience?

I have never had a problem with them. So let see who actually has dealt with iForged, and who are just piling on a thread to which they have not absolutely no experience dealing with Vince or iForged.

Dont post crap like, I know friend of a friend who knew of someone on mars that had a bad experience.

So let hear it.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:11 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

There's been similar threads over on the Porsche forums.
Porsche has a Forum???

Peace
Chip

Old 07-24-2008, 05:31 PM
edensknight
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
About four years ago Iforged was a vendor here... after so many complaints and bad service and wrong wheels sent, and all the BS that went along with it more than a half dozen people were stuck with their money in the hands of Iforged and no wheels for over nine months, and when finally totally proven to be trouble , Iforged was thrown off this website... Vince came here and said one day that the corvette forum could go screw themself for all he cares... The wheels were always awesome, but even after four years, they are screwing over people.. using the same tactics as before, BS and deception... some things never change,,, I'M also sure many people got their wheels in a timely manner and were correct.... but no one should be fed the line of BS that has taken place here. Many of us were about to order Iforged wheels before we saw their true colors... they still appear to need most of the work in the customer service area.. and complete removal of the BS factor.
Vince was then and still is now a real piece of work... for lack of a better term...
It also takes a lot to be thrown off this forum as a Vendor
How tragic it is to see a vendor continue to blatantly avoid and disregard competent, courteous, and, expeditious customer service for such an expensive product. As mentioned above, this is not the first time such a tragic and costly (to the consumer) experience has been suffered by a customer due to iForged's horrific unprofessionalism. For the members present on this forum, it is advised, again, that you ALWAYS perform a thorough CF forum search when considering to purchase any high priced aftermarket products. And, this strategy most especially applies when one is in the market to purchase custom aftermarket wheels. Perform a forum search and you will see that the CF forum is rife with threads from unhappy iForged customers! This sad fact alone is quite a clue, and, enough to persuade any potential customer to stay away from notorious aftermarket wheel vendors, AND, any of their middle-men vendor-representatives, and, to be sure to then go and purchase from OTHER more competent and courteous providers.

And, in regards to the "Vice President" of iForged, this individual had an opportunity to step forward and offer a definitive and pro-active resolution with exemplary customer courtesy while refunding you for your troubles. BUT, failed to do so. And, instead, deliberately choose to belittle and disregard the needs of the customer. Again, Caveat Emptor!

As advised above, do be sure to file a complaint (request for refund) with your credit card company. And, lastly, as an important informative point of interest, there seem to be other wheel vendors emerging out there that are now requesting that wheels be paid for by check, cashiers check, or, money order, ONLY. This behavior should cue your alarm! Frankly, this is so because these vendors are aware that customers may file a complaint with their credit card companies, and, these suspicious vendors do not want to loose any money in any transaction, even if totally refunding the customer IS exactly the right thing to actually do! Hence, it would be quite prudent to stay away from these seemingly unscrupulous vendors. Don't give up! Good Luck to You.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:38 PM
GRUNIE
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MURPHY55347
So has anyone seen the UPS truck running around town with the cool looking wheels on it?
Now that would be funny.

Hope it all works out for you. Keep us posted.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:41 PM
TheModCity
Burning Brakes

Hello All,

Thank you for spending the time to read this thread and adding your thoughts.

I have spoken to Taryn and he told me that he feels bad for putting TheModCity into all this. He feels he was just heated and regrets that he went off on us. Taryn said he will write a reply stating that he didn't mean to do it.

I have made sure that iForged is making his wheels WITH the blue lips as he wanted now and will be shipping as soon as they are finished.

I have also spoken to Vince at iForged and he was very cooperative in getting this done for Taryn and TheModCity.

It is unfortunate that UPS just left the wheels without obtaining a signature. And it is unfortunate that the wheels were stolen from Taryn's home. Currently, UPS is doing a full investigation.

I also suggest Taryn call in the police to report a theft. That is what i would have done if someone came on my property and stole $4,000 worth of wheels....

At TheModCity we try to make every customer happy, after all, what good would it do for us to **** people off?
Old 07-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Blue666's
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by TheModCity
Hello All,

Thank you for spending the time to read this thread and adding your thoughts.

I have spoken to Taryn and he told me that he feels bad for putting TheModCity into all this. He feels he was just heated and regrets that he went off on us. Taryn said he will write a reply stating that he didn't mean to do it.

I have made sure that iForged is making his wheels WITH the blue lips as he wanted now and will be shipping as soon as they are finished.

I have also spoken to Vince at iForged and he was very cooperative in getting this done for Taryn and TheModCity.

It is unfortunate that UPS just left the wheels without obtaining a signature. And it is unfortunate that the wheels were stolen from Taryn's home. Currently, UPS is doing a full investigation.

I also suggest Taryn call in the police to report a theft. That is what i would have done if someone came on my property and stole $4,000 worth of wheels....

At TheModCity we try to make every customer happy, after all, what good would it do for us to **** people off?
Answer: It does you no good at all to **** someone off. With that in mind, it appears from the original post, that this guy tried everything at his disposal to remedy this situation, before he then turned to the Forum.

1. So why didn't you answer his phone calls and return his messages near the end of the situation, as he alleges?

2. Why didn't you go to bat for him in the first place, instead of jumping in now to help him, AFTER he had to vent to the forum about all he had been through, and wasn't getting any satisfaction? If I had a customer that just spent over $4000 and wasn't happy, I'd be doing everything in my power to get this situation resolved, and NOW.

No disrespect intended with my questions, but you have to wonder how long he had to be banging his head against the wall before he felt he had no recourse but to vent to the corvette forum! And if there are other posts regarding poor customer service relating to IForged wheels, I'd think that you as a middleman would be extra careful to help rebuild the less-than-stellar reputation of this company. I know you don't make the wheels, you are just a reseller, but to the customer, YOU are Iforged wheels.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:12 PM
TheModCity
Burning Brakes

Hello,

I don't think it's productive to go back and forth here, i just want you all to be assured that this was brought to my attention today and i have taken care of it.

Thank you,
Mitch
TheModCity.com
Old 07-24-2008, 06:58 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Good luck with the refund as I hope all works out for you
Old 07-24-2008, 07:01 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,344 Likes on 1,095 Posts

Not to throw gas on a smoldering fire, but.....Based on what I've heard in a couple of discussions on the LS1Tech forum, I-Forged is somehow or other connected to, or a "sub business" of Intro Wheels.

I purchased a set of Intro wheels for my Camaro 4 months ago, and had a bit of an issue with the center caps. Many promises were made that the situation would be remedied, but I'm still waiting......

It appears that they just don't have any finesse in dealing with the public.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:21 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

appears to be resolved...closed

Quick Reply: Horrible experience with Vince from iForged, and Kenneth from The Mod City!