Sponsored by:

did anyone buy Borla stingers at carlisle

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:57 PM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default did anyone buy Borla stingers at carlisle

Did anyone buy Borla's at Carlisle last summer? Is it worth me waiting to do it till then?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2008, 01:58 PM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

Oh and what was the price if you don't mind me asking
Old 06-25-2008, 03:21 PM
coujac
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I did and it was less than $1000.00 installed. Total install time was about 30 mins. Tips were aligned perfectly.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:26 PM
fireman591
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the nxt's and save yourself from drone and save an extra $575.00 for some other mods.

I got mine shipped to my door for $525.00 out the door
Just mt .02
Here are a few links about the exhaust.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2052705

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2050474

Last edited by fireman591; 06-25-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:28 PM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

Just took a look online but couldn't find where to buy them. Can anyone help?
Old 06-25-2008, 09:47 PM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I bought mine from SouthernCarParts at an excellent price, had them shipped to my door a day before CaC, and the guys at the Borla tent put them on for me at no charge. Installation was free for all Borla products last year. The Borla guys were fast and the tips were perfectly aligned. The people at the Borla stand do not sell the products directly, rather you purchase from several adjacent vendors and they will pick up/install the system for you. It's pretty cool to watch. I don't care what anyone else says. If you want Borlas and can wait another two months, having the Borla folks install them is the way to go.

Here's a link to where I bought from. I'm not sure if it's still the best price, but Jim treats his customers right and he made sure that I had the system before I went to Carlisle even though I had to buy at the last minute. I'd buy from Jim again in an instant.
http://www.southerncarparts.com/corv...017-p-175.html

*One thought, though. If you do have them install the pipes, schedule as early in the morning as possible so that you don't have to drive through droves of clueless people to get to the tent.

Last edited by YeloFevr; 06-25-2008 at 09:54 PM. Reason: added link
Old 06-25-2008, 10:08 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 670 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Only down side to install at Carlisle is if you want to keep your stock set up, other than that it's a great place to have them installed. I did it a few years ago when I had my 98 Vette and I left my stock system behind.
Lots of vendors offering show deals so you can shop around for exhaust, wheels, anything you want.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Dave1998
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by coujac
I did and it was less than $1000.00 installed. Total install time was about 30 mins. Tips were aligned perfectly.
I have to agree. The installers were the best of those companies in attendance. These guys were good and fast. They took special care to make sure tips were just right. It was a pleasure to watch them. They had a 3 man crew.

As an incentive, you may just get a free Borla hat. !

Dave
Old 06-26-2008, 08:08 AM
Dave1998
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by zipity
Only down side to install at Carlisle is if you want to keep your stock set up, other than that it's a great place to have them installed. I did it a few years ago when I had my 98 Vette and I left my stock system behind.
Lots of vendors offering show deals so you can shop around for exhaust, wheels, anything you want.

If you have a coupe with the hatch, you can bring home your stock exhaust. I have carried them in mine so you know it can be done.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:13 AM
BostonJoel
Drifting

Originally Posted by YeloFevr
I bought mine from SouthernCarParts at an excellent price, had them shipped to my door a day before CaC, and the guys at the Borla tent put them on for me at no charge. Installation was free for all Borla products last year. The Borla guys were fast and the tips were perfectly aligned. The people at the Borla stand do not sell the products directly, rather you purchase from several adjacent vendors and they will pick up/install the system for you. It's pretty cool to watch. I don't care what anyone else says. If you want Borlas and can wait another two months, having the Borla folks install them is the way to go.

Here's a link to where I bought from. I'm not sure if it's still the best price, but Jim treats his customers right and he made sure that I had the system before I went to Carlisle even though I had to buy at the last minute. I'd buy from Jim again in an instant.

*One thought, though. If you do have them install the pipes, schedule as early in the morning as possible so that you don't have to drive through droves of clueless people to get to the tent.

I had email with Borla this week. They will be at CaC again. Said the labor is free to install their systems. Would not quote a price for the system itself but referred me to their website. Now I know why....they do not want to compete with the suppliers who are their customers!!!
Looks like the Stingers run above $1,000. which may discourage me.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:07 AM
artfahie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BEFORE

AFTER

They ran $900 + two years ago when I had mine installed... I love them !
Old 06-26-2008, 12:05 PM
RLYSLO
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Joel Forman
I had email with Borla this week. They will be at CaC again. Said the labor is free to install their systems. Would not quote a price for the system itself but referred me to their website. Now I know why....they do not want to compete with the suppliers who are their customers!!!
Looks like the Stingers run above $1,000. which may discourage me.
Go with the granatelli/nxtstep(ebay) exhaust. It's a clone of the stingers with slightly different tips. great sound, no drone... fireman posted the link earlier. It will run you almost half that borla system.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:24 PM
kg54trains
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YeloFevr

I do not think that they install their product free if you bring them to the show. Free install is a benefit wiyh a purchase from a Carlisle Vendor. So check with Borla before the show

Last edited by kg54trains; 06-26-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:31 PM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by kg54trains
I do not think that they install there product if you bring them and are not purchased from a Carlisle Vendor. So check with Borla before the show
I didn't think they would either, but I asked the guy in the white shirt (who appeared to be in charge) and he said yes without any hesitation—as noted in my previous post.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:53 PM
williocom
Racer

did anyone buy a Corsa exhaust while at carlisle as well. also how much did it cost. just seeing if i should wait or just get it installed now. thanks for your help.

Will
Old 06-26-2008, 07:01 PM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by williocom
did anyone buy a Corsa exhaust while at carlisle as well. also how much did it cost. just seeing if i should wait or just get it installed now. thanks for your help.

Will
Not sure about exhaust prices, but it was $100 to install.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:32 AM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

that price of $750 works for me thats for sure.....
Now about that Drone.........? How bad is it REALLY?!?!?!?

Get notified of new replies

To did anyone buy Borla stingers at carlisle

Old 06-27-2008, 07:31 AM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by KeyoRacing
that price of $750 works for me thats for sure.....
Now about that Drone.........? How bad is it REALLY?!?!?!?
Yeah, it's $750 for the single tips—if that's what you want.

As for the drone...

All I'll say is that it's there, but it doesn't bother me at all. Some people go crazy about it, but I couldn't care less. The "drone" sounds good at cruising from outside the car, in my opinion. Once I got LT's, it was significantly louder, but in a good way.

Poor video, but you get the idea.
http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...tt_v_video.MPG
Old 06-27-2008, 07:55 AM
brntstauf
Intermediate

If your interested in single tip stingers, and you decide not to get them installed at carlisle, Jegs is currently selling them for about 665. They are backordered to July 12, but I dont mind waiting a few extra days to save $100.

I have mine on order.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:39 AM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

Great Vid dude...love the sound

Quick Reply: did anyone buy Borla stingers at carlisle