Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone get flipped off by hybrid drivers??

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:18 PM
ZO6TrailblazerSS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone get flipped off by hybrid drivers??

So I am minding my own business in the middle lane with my Z set on cruise control at 72mph (averaging 24.8mpg ) . Approx 1/2 mile ahead there is a car in the middle lane in front of me so without even changing speed I change to the left lane and pass the car. It is a Prius and has many "Love Mother Earth" "Give the earth a hug, drive a hybrid", I respect peope who are like that, everyone has an opinion/views and that's fine with me. Well all of a sudden after I pass and merge back into the middle lane a solid 1/2mile ahead of this Prius, I look back and it is so close to me I can not see the headlights. The Prius then goes to pass me and slows next to me and flips me off. and then proceeds. I of course felt no need to respond and just smiled.

I then pull over for gas about an hour later and am asked by a civic hybrid driver "wow you must hate the enviroment?" To which I swiftly responded "I am averaging, for my trip today, over 27mpg, how does that make you feel?" The civic driver turned back to the pump and did not respond. My g/f said it was the attack of the hybrids...
What has everyone on here run into? Anyone have any bad experiences? I think we get pretty damn good gas mileage with these bad boys...
Old 06-25-2008, 12:21 PM
VinnyT
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would tell the Civic driver "Well, you're here at the pumps too, so shut the F*** UP!"

CharlieB1979
Burning Brakes

Me, personally...I woulda pulled up to the hybrids (plural) and revved the engine and intimidated them....constantly asking them if they wanted to race.

Then i'd tell them that my other truck was a Ford F350 Superduty and that it was the daily driver.

EDIT: Some a**hole on that Prius board actually said that she "smoke a corvette" ....who the hell doe she think she's kidding??? (yeah, I said she...women drive Priuses). Musta been some SOLID stuff that moron was smoking.

Last edited by CharlieB1979; 06-25-2008 at 12:30 PM.
ytwokc5
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6TrailblazerSS
So I am minding my own business in the middle lane with my Z set on cruise control at 72mph (averaging 24.8mpg ) . Approx 1/2 mile ahead there is a car in the middle lane in front of me so without even changing speed I change to the left lane and pass the car. It is a Prius and has many "Love Mother Earth" "Give the earth a hug, drive a hybrid", I respect peope who are like that, everyone has an opinion/views and that's fine with me. Well all of a sudden after I pass and merge back into the middle lane a solid 1/2mile ahead of this Prius, I look back and it is so close to me I can not see the headlights. The Prius then goes to pass me and slows next to me and flips me off. and then proceeds. I of course felt no need to respond and just smiled.

I then pull over for gas about an hour later and am asked by a civic hybrid driver "wow you must hate the enviroment?" To which I swiftly responded "I am averaging, for my trip today, over 27mpg, how does that make you feel?" The civic driver turned back to the pump and did not respond. My g/f said it was the attack of the hybrids...
What has everyone on here run into? Anyone have any bad experiences? I think we get pretty damn good gas mileage with these bad boys...
Has not happened to me... click on the link... relevant to this thread

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-ma...tml#post650900
Old 06-25-2008, 12:22 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Those f$ucking tree huggers do not get it C5s are economy cars even my boosted Vette gets 22 mpg at 80 mph
Old 06-25-2008, 12:28 PM
AU Eagle
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11, '14

Haha, what a pack of tards.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:31 PM
JDaniel
Melting Slicks

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Tell the Hybrid crew to go fock off! 453 to the wheels and averaged 28 mpg from NJ to GA!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Jet-Jock
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your mileage seemed a little low for cruise control at 72, I would have expected to see closer to 28 mpg or higher.

No that hasn't happened to me yet. I suppose they are trying to prove something.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Jet-Jock
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ytwokc5
Has not happened to me... click on the link... relevant to this thread

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-ma...tml#post650900
That is funny, he was ahead for six seconds... I doubt that.

I think they should change the name from priuschat replacing the 'a' with an 'i.'
Old 06-25-2008, 12:35 PM
ZO6TrailblazerSS
Instructor

[QUOTE=CharlieB1979;1566044894]

Then i'd tell them that my other truck was a Ford F350 Superduty and that it was the daily driver. [QUOTE]

I actually did say to my girlfriend, as the civic driver turned back to the pump, "Too bad I'm not in my daily driver getting 12mpg" I also had a large grin on my face as I made this statement.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:35 PM
CharlieB1979
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jet-Jock
No that hasn't happened to me yet. I suppose they are trying to prove something.
Of course. Prius drivers must be labeled as having small penises...despite the fact that they're all labeled as being women. They want to prove that the ******** over there can be classified as males, naturally
Old 06-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Mark2ooo
Racer

I would be in a bad mood too if my car maxed out at 70 mph and was the slowest car on the street.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:36 PM
ZO6TrailblazerSS
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jet-Jock
Your mileage seemed a little low for cruise control at 72, I would have expected to see closer to 28 mpg or higher.

I had just reset the DIC and was about 10mins into my trip, for the whole trip I was just over 29mpg (2.5hour highway ride) highway only...
Old 06-25-2008, 12:37 PM
CharlieB1979
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZO6TrailblazerSS
I actually did say to my girlfriend, as the civic driver turned back to the pump, "Too bad I'm not in my daily driver getting 12mpg" I also had a large grin on my face as I made this statement.

Definitely would have said that. For me, it would have been more to the tune of "Sir. This car IS my hybrid. F350 Superduty. It hugs trees in the sense that it carries them off to the lumber yard after i've finished chopping them down."
Old 06-25-2008, 12:38 PM
MyVetteDream
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: HOW FAST WAS I GOING OFFICER? Los Angeles Hating GM Dealership Service Dept.'s Since Sept. 2004
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

You're a nice person ---

--- First off, I hope no one is ever that ignorant or bold to say something like that.

I would've said, "Ummm yeah. I do hate it. I put no value on the environment and even less on all the hippocrates on it. If you were so concerned, you'd be riding a bicycle... not standing at a gas station."

If that didn't work, a roundhouse would be in order

Last edited by MyVetteDream; 06-25-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:40 PM
ZO6TrailblazerSS
Instructor

Originally Posted by CharlieB1979

Definitely would have said that. For me, it would have been more to the tune of "Sir. This car IS my hybrid. F350 Superduty. It hugs trees in the sense that it carries them off to the lumber yard after i've finished chopping them down."

Old 06-25-2008, 12:56 PM
FLATOUT
Temporary Hold

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

A guy said that to me at work once, so I replied with a HUGE BURNOUT!

I figured if he was going to give me a hard time about pollution I would give him something to be mad about

We still laugh about it!

Andy

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone get flipped off by hybrid drivers??

Old 06-25-2008, 12:57 PM
mqqn
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'11

Hi ZO6TrailblazerSS -

No - I have not experienced that - but if you really wanted to get into a nice debate with a Prius owner, you might want to bring up the devastation around the plant in Ontario where the batteries for those "green" cars are produced.

At one time NASA actually used that area to train astronauts in part because the terrain was so devastated most vegetation could not even grow there.

http://www.transcanadahighway.com/Ontario/TCH-ON-E7.htm

Trade one environmental disaster for another?

And one other thing, to me - it makes more sense to have a Tahoe hybrid that increases your mileage from 13-14 in the city to 22, rather than take a very small 4 cylinder econo-box that was going to get 37mpg anyway and then bump it up to get 47 in the city.

But that is just me thinking logically again.

best regards -

mqqn

Last edited by mqqn; 06-25-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:57 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Nope!

I own a Hybrid too so if someone did and I was able to talk to them I would let them know and that they need to do a little more reasearch with their other fingers and not just the middle one

Thanks,Matt
Old 06-25-2008, 01:04 PM
stingray71
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

I think this definition fits a lot of those owners:

sanctimonious

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous [sangk-tuh-moh-nee-uhs]
adjective
excessively or hypocritically pious
trying to appear full of holiness or goodness
Feigning piety or righteousness
--------------------------------------------------------
From an article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
"Absolutely, they're buying the car for the statement it makes more than anything," Art Spinella, president of CNW Marketing, told reporters last week.

The firm's research concluded that more customers pick the Prius over alternatives like the hybrid version of the Honda Civic precisely because the Prius is exclusively -- and identifiably -- a hybrid. While just 36 percent cited fuel economy as a prime motivator for buying a Prius, 57 percent said their main reason was that "it makes a statement about me."

Quick Reply: Anyone get flipped off by hybrid drivers??