Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leaving a note when someone parks too close...Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:33 AM
C5SCCA
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I have read several posts regarding removing the valve stems of peoples car. I fail to see how this is going to solve anything other than making you feel better. I get mad when people park too close as well. Messing with their property puts you on their same level. Plus, Oklahoma is a Concealed Carry State. If I saw you messing with my wheels for whatever reason, you best be prepared to follow my directions very carefully at the end of a .45.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:45 AM
corvette-pilot
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C5SCCA
I have read several posts regarding removing the valve stems of peoples car. I fail to see how this is going to solve anything other than making you feel better. I get mad when people park too close as well. Messing with their property puts you on their same level. Plus, Oklahoma is a Concealed Carry State. If I saw you messing with my wheels for whatever reason, you best be prepared to follow my directions very carefully at the end of a .45.
Don't know the laws in your area but you pull a stunt like that here and you will be jail. You are not allowed to use that much force to defend "property"
Old 06-04-2008, 08:55 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by candacedianne
I completely understand where you are coming from. It's not always becasue they parked too closely, but it's even more frustrating, I think, when you park in the middle of nowhere, and low-and-behold there's some idiot parked RIGHT next to you, when there were clearly lots of parking spots opened elsewhere. UGH!
I do agree with the people at your shop. You don't want to jeopordize your car or YOU by doing that. People are crazy now-a-days and will do anything to someone else's property, especially car, if you **** them off. Just my .02!
I agree, people these days feel entitled to do what ever they want with no fear of reprisal.
Respect for others just isn't what it used to be.
Could always just give them a little key mark before you leave! (kidding)
Old 06-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Chemdawg99
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,660 Likes on 847 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by corvette-pilot
Don't know the laws in your area but you pull a stunt like that here and you will be jail. You are not allowed to use that much force to defend "property"
Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, and NM (you know, old Southwest) are quite clear on the defense of one's property. You mess with someone's car out here and they catch you in the act.........You might just be joining some people not of this world
Old 06-04-2008, 09:45 AM
DPG
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

the thing that pisses me off is that its usually some jerk who is thinking. i'll show this snob who's parking all the way out here. or some jag with his friends who's like, watch me **** off this guy and park so close. people have no respect for others things any more, very sad
Old 06-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Rollin
Instructor

"I fail to see how this is going to solve anything other than making you feel better."
Well du , thats the whole idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it didn't make you feel better than you wouldn't do it. At least setting the air free isn't going to cost the drone a paint job or worse.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Benpup
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Just get a few business size cars printed that say.
"People that park like you do should take the bus."
Old 06-04-2008, 11:37 AM
NitrousMan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they did that to me I would just remove the side mirror from they're car and place it on their hood. That would be my note and yes it would make me feel better. I always park out away from all the cars and only take up one spot so there's no reason other than to be a dick to park that close to someone. I've had it happen one time where someone parked so close to my car I had to climb in through the passenger side just to get out of the spot and there were no other cars around for 100 yards. Needless to say I don't think he was able to get out of his spot.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:02 PM
killain
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 516 Likes on 314 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by jornahow
Just to be serious for a moment. There are a lot of people who seem to resent the fact that someone else has a nice car. These are the folks filled with simmering rage at the injustice of the world, waiting to key your car at the slightest provocation. Leaving a note will likely just push them to the tipping point. I don't expect to change their attitude toward life with a note.
You are 100% right. (folks, if you can call them that) ruin your car/stuff/anything just because they can. Their are a lot of just plain EVIL sob's wandering the globe. I even go food shopping at 6AM just so their is no one in the parking lot to crash into my car. We paid a lot of hard earned money for these beauties, at least I did and god willing, there is always someone out there just waiting to F*&^% up just for laughs. just look at Utube to be sure.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

We don't need no stinking gun to protect our selves, Able to do it with out a gun.
lol
Old 06-04-2008, 12:14 PM
NMYDNA
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Don't ****-off a fool! Suck it up and drive away.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:51 PM
C5SCCA
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Fortunately, I mean no offense by this so please dont be offended, I do not live in a Yankee state. As ChemDawg stated, the south is a little different ball game. I simply do not agree with messing with someone else's property as a response to them parking to close. I agree it is aggravating but stooping to their level by removing their valve stems is not the response to take.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:42 PM
RxConsult
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

A good friend of mine had just left the hospital a few weeks prior to this incident. He had an ulcer, and the doctor told him that he shouldn't keep his anger pent up. So, he parks way out all alone in a parking lot so no one will scratch his car, and someone park so close to the drivers side, that he had to enter from the passenger side door. He pulled out of the parking space and his anger just got the better of him. He remembered what the doctor said, and had to deal with his pent up emotions. His wife had left her diaper bag in his car. He pulled out a used dirty diaper, and proceeded to wipe all the handles of the guys car before he left. He drove off and felt much better.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:01 PM
l2vette
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 167 Posts

I just mess with their side mirrors so they have to get out and reset them. No harm done yet I know he's pissed If anyone says anything I just tell them I bumped into them because they parked so close I had a hard time getting in.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I understand the frustration but as long as your car is okay I would let it slide.

-Alex
Old 06-04-2008, 08:36 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
my gawd; why leave a note ??? Sounds like something a Miata driver would do.

Just wait around and confront the person directly once they go back to their car.

To these people, seeing a note just makes their day. In their minds they think "well; that worked. I pizzed-off another Corvette owner".

I totally agree!!!

Same thing happened to me last year. I parked out in the North 40 at Safeway to keep away from everybody, and we went in for a beer run. low and behold there was some pile-O-Chit ford truck with a Calvin Sticker pee'n on a bowtie 8 inches away from my car. i started cussing up a storm when i see my buddie run to the truck and pull a pick axe out of the bed. He wheeled back like he was gonna hit the truck with it "he said i turned white at this point" and laughed and threw the axe and every other tool the guy had out of the bed into the parking lot...

Not the best idea by far, but honestly it made me feel better.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:50 AM
CorvetteAddict
Advanced

Originally Posted by J S Machine
I'm gonna leave you a note!
Be my guest, hope it's a nice note

Get notified of new replies

To leaving a note when someone parks too close...Opinions?

Old 06-05-2008, 07:01 AM
corvette-pilot
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fortunately, I mean no offense by this so please dont be offended, I do not live in a Yankee state. As ChemDawg stated, the south is a little different ball game. I simply do not agree with messing with someone else's property as a response to them parking to close. I agree it is aggravating but stooping to their level by removing their valve stems is not the response to take.
No offense
Different laws than I am used to, fire away
Old 06-05-2008, 07:32 AM
cozer1
Pro

Originally Posted by 71vetteinva
I don't see any reason to leave a note. The person that parked next to you WANTED to tick you off. If you leave a note, then that just encourages them.

It helps to park so that your drivers side door is at the end of the row. That way, you can get in the vehicle with no trouble at all.

Sometimes, I park so far away it's insane. I've gone so far as to park in essentially overflow parking, even if the primary lot is only half full. I do it at the mall all the time.

Once in a great while someone parks next to me, but it's not all that common. I win in the end, since I forced them to walk 10 or 20 minutes out of their way!
i like the walk.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:58 AM
vette dan
Vette Dan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Asking to get keyed !!!!

Quick Reply: leaving a note when someone parks too close...Opinions?