Sponsored by:

new turner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 12:16 PM
elctroman
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new turner?

i got no response in the tuner section ,i have a 2000 atm.never had a turner before i want to know which is the easist and the best to buy . im looking at the diablo U7198
Old 05-12-2008, 12:53 PM
nj02vette
Race Director

Location: Marlton. Increasing performance one speeding ticket at a time! NJ
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I just picked up a diablo, but only to use for a very specific reason.

My best advice is to go to a reputable tuner in your area and get it tuned....professionally. Yes, it may cost the same as the predator, but in the end you'll get much better results. If you really want another full time job (spent trying to learn how to tune), or are really into DIY upgrades, than it may be worth it. Personally, I'd get HP tuners. For $500 you get a programer and 4 licenses (4 cars or some other combination of 8 credits). You can do a lot more with that than a handheld.

I picked up the U7198 (actually U7197 SLP version) to specifically analyze real-time data on my TransAm and make changes on the fly. I have an intermittant problem that I'm trying to diagnose. I'm hoping this will let me dial in the proper tune.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:58 PM
MagRedConv
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts

Leave it to the pros. I have an A4 car as well; picked up 29rwhp after my tune. You might want to check out the HP Tuners thread in Tech for more feedback on buying a SW package.

Get notified of new replies

To new turner?

Quick Reply: new turner?