Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 KIDD -- Unresolved issues -- Short Rebate Window -- ACT NOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:01 PM
rcs128
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by n77nxc
This is ridiculous. Brian needs to answer people on here.

What's everyone else going to do? I am going to be contacting my credit card company as it's been over three months now
First, assuming everything has been submitted property, 8-12 weeks is pretty normal for rebates. So I don't think people should be too nervous.. yet. (and for the record, I'm waiting for my rebate, too).

However, if anything improper is going on, I'd almost feel bad for Brian -- there's a MOUNTAIN of records on this in the forums, and think of the legal trouble (CC fraud, Mail Fraud, etc.) he'd be in. OMG.

That said, my instinct is that things are going to work out.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:17 PM
n77nxc
ZO6 Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rcs128
First, assuming everything has been submitted property, 8-12 weeks is pretty normal for rebates. So I don't think people should be too nervous.. yet. (and for the record, I'm waiting for my rebate, too).

However, if anything improper is going on, I'd almost feel bad for Brian -- there's a MOUNTAIN of records on this in the forums, and think of the legal trouble (CC fraud, Mail Fraud, etc.) he'd be in. OMG.

That said, my instinct is that things are going to work out.
That would be true but I called the service rep in mid-march and they said that they have processed all the rebate forms up until then but there was no sign of mine (I submitted mine back in mid-Feb). I don't have a problem waiting if Brian took 10 seconds of his time and gave me a straight answer about WHY Pioneer (or sound Ideas - who's hosting this rebate) has no record of my rebate. I'm not waiting another 3 months for no answers. I've called in my CC company already.

If I do get a rebate check, I'll gladly cancel the dispute but I'm not keeping my hopes up
Old 05-07-2008, 05:21 PM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

hey guys ive PMed most of you... still trying to get to the rest, so i figured id pop this thread back up, and reply here...

im still working best i can on the rebates. the problem is my rep corresponding with pioneer, all my paperwork was submitted late which delayed the process and which was why i personally had to collect all rebates and send them into my rep. im sitting with my hands tied right now, waiting for them to resolve the paperwork issue. once they square it away, we will be ok.

bare with me, im on the phone with them daily, and we are working to get it fixed.

if you guys have to charge back the $200 i understand, but try to hold out for a little if possible, they have already closed my merchant account for the 3 members who cancelled their orders with me for no reason, so at this point i cant even take anymore orders.

i realize your all frustrated and i do appoligize. i do appreciate and want to thank those who sent PMs to express their concern and support
Old 05-07-2008, 09:01 PM
LostAngel
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the assuring message.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:51 PM
mojo1
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15, '19

guess nothing on rebates yet????
Old 05-15-2008, 03:00 PM
n77nxc
ZO6 Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mojo1
guess nothing on rebates yet????
nope...not a thing
Old 05-15-2008, 03:23 PM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

will post something up as soon as i get an update
Old 05-15-2008, 03:24 PM
kerryt1
Drifting

nothing on this end. I bought mine in late February, IIRC. It's the middle of May.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:22 PM
lonelyvett
Instructor

I have been waited for my refund check for more than 1 month. and no response so far.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:52 PM
WayFastVette
Racer

Originally Posted by lonelyvett
I have been waited for my refund check for more than 1 month. and no response so far.
Think I would be a little upset
Old 05-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Corvette X
Instructor

hey c5 kidd any word on my center console?
Old 05-22-2008, 06:14 PM
rob03zo6
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default He's a snake

C5 Kidd , I have heard all his stories. My recommendation is not to buy with him. He took my money and never sent part $600.00. Fake fed ex # with no activity. He has ignored me for the last time. Makes you want to take a trip to Florida.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Mr. Lau
Pro

Patience is a virtue? People you've got to put yourselves in his shoes. What if dozens of people were getting red faced and typing insulting comments about you and your business? What if you had hundreds of piles of paperwork that kept getting messed up beyond your control? What if you had all this on YOU?!

Look, If this was happening to me, i'd be pretty upset too. However, my father runs a restaurant, and it is very similar. If something isn'[t perfect for a person, then they complain. What does my dad do about it? He offers them a change or credit on a next order. And do you know what he tells me when I ask him how he feels? He says "I feel pretty guilty"

Take it easy. He's been serving the Corvette community for years, and he's doing his best. So, chiiiiiiiiiiill
Old 05-22-2008, 06:46 PM
kerryt1
Drifting

Last Activity: 05-20-2008 01:36 PM

Yet, no posts.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Mr. Lau
Pro

What would he post, you think, if he doesn't have any info.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:44 PM
VinnyT
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Lau
What would he post, you think, if he doesn't have any info.
Acknowledge to the posters that he is still working on their items. He doesn't have to explain every detail, just let everyone know he's still around.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Mr. Lau
Pro

Originally Posted by VinnyT
Acknowledge to the posters that he is still working on their items. He doesn't have to explain every detail, just let everyone know he's still around.
Check his most recent post. WIll post when he has an update. So....how come he hasn't posted yet?

Get notified of new replies

To C5 KIDD -- Unresolved issues -- Short Rebate Window -- ACT NOW!!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:54 PM
VinnyT
Le Mans Master

This particular thread is about the rebates.

There are other threads asking about status of their items. Good customer service is communicating to your buyers regardless if you can deliver the goods or not. Yeah, he might be busy, but it takes less than a minute to post on here and let everyone know they're not forgotten.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:23 AM
rob03zo6
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree, I don't understand the people trying to defend Brian. I run a business that doe's 14 million in volume a year. Don't tell me he can't communicate it is a must. The people defending Brian are connected I guess look at some of their profiles. He has lied and given me fed ex #'s that have no activity. All he did was buy the sticker. You guys need to quite defending him he has screwed alot of people. Without communication I had to go to someone else to make part. I can't just sit around waiting for a part to show up sometime this year. This is stupid. He took my money along time ago with no part or communication. The only time he will communicate is when he is collecting money. You guys defending Brian don't have a clue. He has screwed me for the last time. If you read this Brian, I have ordered this through someone else and all I want from you is my refund. Good luck collecting that.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:59 AM
crosstheline
Pro

I have read all the posts about C5Kidd over the last couple of months, looked at his work (good quality) and read his responses after coming back from vacation. He ranted about everyone screaming at him over their "impatience", leaving voice mails, e-mails and posting here on the forum and not letting him have his much needed vacation. He stated that he was doing his best to catch up with all the "mails" and I really thought he would at least learn a lesson about communicating to his customers. He didn't from what I am reading.

The only reason I have followed this is that this is a mod that I want to do this summer and I was considering having him do it. Not now or in the future from him. I don't think he is "ripping anyone off", I think he is one lousy business owner that has gotten over his head. I have seen many great mechanics go into business and fail miserably because all they know how to do is fix the car but have no idea about business and customer service. It's called small business and I believe the statistics are 8 out of 10 that try, fail. It's sad that this guy has more work than he can do and he is going to "screw the pooch" because he doesn't take care of least communicating to the customer.

He's made his decision to work his business like this and he is paying for it. No one to blame but the owner of this business. As a small business owner this guy should be looking at 2,500 hits to this thread. That's 2,500 potential customers that he probably will not get. The vette world is a small market in itself let alone the members of this forum compared to the general vette population. This guy needs to do the math.

Last edited by crosstheline; 05-23-2008 at 10:14 AM. Reason: spell ck

Quick Reply: C5 KIDD -- Unresolved issues -- Short Rebate Window -- ACT NOW!!