thanks alot!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:46 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by AmethystVette
So can anyone confirm that if you have the Bose head unit with the AUX button & the connector attached to the tail light harness (no changer) that this will work?
if you have the changer harness it will work yes
if not you will need to connect to the back of the radio
Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Chilliwack vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002ZMY
Ordered the kit from DoubleD Mods, Installed it yesterday with help from a cave man (I did it myself), works great!

And since I was in there, I fixed the dim display on the HVAC unit too.
I haven't got an Ipod yet but I think it's just about time. Just burned a Van Halen cd (going to see them in Vancouver next month) and it sure would be nice to just have it all on one source.
I just fixed my HVAC (and bulbs) as well. What a difference!
Old 04-26-2012, 01:19 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by Chilliwack vettes
I haven't got an Ipod yet but I think it's just about time. Just burned a Van Halen cd (going to see them in Vancouver next month) and it sure would be nice to just have it all on one source.
I just fixed my HVAC (and bulbs) as well. What a difference!
Ipod's are a great source to store music but the sound quality is still no tup to that of a CD. But for convenience sakes I use mostly an ipod. It's nice shuffling through songs and when you get to be 53, like me, it's nice to just listen to all of your favorites back to back.

The sound quality will improve as time passes, and it's not that it's terrible now, it's just different. especially when downloading from another source like itunes. i have a couple songs I downloaded that are just crap.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:23 PM
AmethystVette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c5 BearsFan
if you have the changer harness it will work yes
if not you will need to connect to the back of the radio

I had to see for myself what was included the right rear inner tail light light wire loom. Sure enough like mentioned here there is a capped off plug!
Just so I am clear, the plug pictured above is the connector for the CD changer correct? And if so, is it just plug-n-play with the Peripheral PXDP PXHGM2?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:26 PM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

amethystvette,

This is exactly what I have as well. Hope somebody can correctly identify this. Thanks for the great pic.!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:43 PM
zwaldo
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to see for myself what was included the right rear inner tail light light wire loom. Sure enough like mentioned here there is a capped off plug!
Just so I am clear, the plug pictured above is the connector for the CD changer correct? And if so, is it just plug-n-play with the Peripheral PXDP PXHGM2?
awesome pics dude! way to help with progress of what we need to see/have
Old 04-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Borntorun04/17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 622 Posts

I bought a ipod adapter from Dennis at Double D Mods. I have stock bose radio no cd changer. My adapter works with ipod or iphone.The adapter I purchased allows me to use radio controls to change vol ,for,etc when using ipod/iphone. I put adapter in same area as above picture from Bill vette. Ran connecting cable to iphone under center console into storage compartment . Double D Mods can be found in vender section. Dennis will set you up with right adapter depending on if you have cd changer or not. Hope this helps.David
Old 04-26-2012, 10:51 PM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Backing up a bit, is this a CD changer connector, or something else? Sorry if I am misreading this, just want to make sure before I order one.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 PM
AmethystVette
Racer

Originally Posted by dmarkshark
Backing up a bit, is this a CD changer connector, or something else? Sorry if I am misreading this, just want to make sure before I order one.
BillVette did NOT use the rear CD changer plug... he used the method where you connect to the head unit.

We are still looking for the answer as to whether or not the plug in the rear loom we are referring to is in fact the CD changer plug and that it can be used with the Peripheral PXDP PXHGM2.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:42 AM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Actually, I was referring to your pic, AmthystVette. Surely someone who has a CD changer in the back can tell us. Or, if they have one hooked up, and also have this connector still taped on to the wiring harness. Maybe its for something else, I looked in my shop manual, and can't find anything, and I am not sure that it even looks like the connector that the manual shows for the CD player.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Brackneyc
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed mine yesterday (connected to the head unit). So easy and clean that even if I had the changer, I'd have opted to connect it to the HU.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Borntorun04/17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 622 Posts

I agree with Brackney hooking up back of radio head unit was easy. I wasn't aware plug by tail light when I ordered my adapter. If you are going to feed connecting cable from adapter to glove box or storage area in console to ipod/iphone radio head type maybe easier than feeding cable from back of car. Just something to think about before you order.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 PM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Received 223 Likes on 146 Posts

If their is only the one connection shown in the picture it would appear that a complete hookup could not be made unless you have the changer also as the PXDP has two connectore that have to go somewhere. Here is a pic of the PXDP is recently bought that shows the two connectors.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...er-for-c5.html

I'd like to know for sure also even though I haven't checked to see if I have that harness connector or not.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:19 PM
AmethystVette
Racer

Originally Posted by f6john
If their is only the one connection shown in the picture it would appear that a complete hookup could not be made unless you have the changer also as the PXDP has two connectore that have to go somewhere. Here is a pic of the PXDP is recently bought that shows the two connectors.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...er-for-c5.html

I'd like to know for sure also even though I haven't checked to see if I have that harness connector or not.
You have a different model for radio connection, not the CD changer connection. Yours is a PXHGM4, the model I am questioning is the PXHGM2
Old 04-28-2012, 09:25 AM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Received 223 Likes on 146 Posts

You have a different model for radio connection, not the CD changer connection. Yours is a PXHGM4, the model I am questioning is the PXHGM2
Thanks for the clarification, I did not know there were two different harness options.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:44 AM
theheartbeat
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by faster68
What material did you use for the bezel? I love the final look!
whats a Z06 targa?

Quick Reply: I got a new IPOD - Now What?