Sponsored by:

A long......sad story......bring a snack

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 03:48 PM
bmacZO6
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chriscdsc
I am going to contact the detective and press charges.
It is good to see you have come to your senses. I was wondering why you described how you made a mistake in trusting this guy and then your asking us if you should trust this guy. There is no one on this board that is going to go along with that.

File charges and file a claim with your insurance for a stolen car. Let them try to get the money out of this guy.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Bigcountry7
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that bro. I really hope that everything works out. I hate stories like this. Definitely check with insurance and press charges.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,119 Likes on 992 Posts

By this time I have paid property tax, got tags, been paying insurance and making car payments and I got nothing to show.
File a claim for theft with the insurance co.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Bob CTS
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Bigcountry7
Sorry to hear that bro. I really hope that everything works out. I hate stories like this. Definitely check with insurance and press charges.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:18 PM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Take him to the cleaners!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,388 Likes on 14,024 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Press charges against him, now. Then contact the insurance company if it was truly insured and see what they say - hope they will cover your loss.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:32 PM
wuznme
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are going to file a claim with the insurance company, I would ask a moderator to delete this entire post as you would be commiting insurance fraud...
Old 12-28-2007, 07:40 PM
1stvette@60
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by c5 BearsFan
I am wondering the same. First I didnt know Capital One would give out loans on wrecked salvage cars that are not even street legal at the time of purchase.
Capital One basically gives signature loans based on your credit rating. You do have to put them on the title as a lienholder, but they dont ask any detailed questions about the car you are buying when you apply.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:00 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by VRROOOM2
You gotta file charges today!! Don't wait but maybe get an attorney to answer your questions first. It won't cost that much but well worth the knowledge/info.

Sorry for your loss dude...
Old 12-28-2007, 08:02 PM
edensknight
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waupachino
Here is what I think you should do. You bought a car, and insured the car. I would report the car stolen and press charges against Les. Next I would call the insurance company and file a claim for the car being stolen. I would believe that since you titled, licensed, and insured the car you should be covered in this case and would hope you took out full coverage insurance since you have a loan out on the vehicle. Good luck.
Logic would recommend seeking aggressive legal representation, NOW! File all and any pertinent charges IMMEDIATELY by informing the local authorities in BOTH your area of residence, AND, also where "Les" resided. These charges may list not only possible fraud and misrepresentation, but, also theft and possibly failure to do business without a license (i.e., Dismantler's License), etc.. An experienced attorney will advise you on these and other possible considerations and options for your recourse. Furthermore, allow the Detective that had previously contacted you to be involved, for he is privy to this case, AND, most importantly, he may also serve to be of further assistance to investigate the current whereabouts of this reprehensible individual. Moreover, retaining the services of a contract lawyer, ASAP, can be of further benefit to you by assisting you in filing any and all claims (i.e., your auto insurance, etc.), liens, and, judgement's against any real estate property "Les" may own. Good luck to you. And, do let us know how it all turns out.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:19 PM
chriscdsc
Intermediate

Capital one will issue a loan for a salvage title, and it was bought from a dealer. I only had liability insurance because i was not driving the car and i couldn't have full coverage until the insurance company inspected the car. I will be seeking legal assitance and pressing charges as soon as the detective returns my call.

if your thinking of getting a salvage title vette, learn from this and DON"T. Being a cheap *** on a car like this is just dangerous. I know every situation is different but most of the time, that car is titled salvage for a reason
Old 12-28-2007, 08:24 PM
chriscdsc
Intermediate

I really appreciate the help guys. This whole thing has been stressful and VERY embarrassing
Old 12-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,119 Likes on 992 Posts

Originally Posted by chriscdsc
I really appreciate the help guys. This whole thing has been stressful and VERY embarrassing
Just file a complaint and let the system work. When you talk to the cops and/or DA let them know that you want full restitution as part of any plea bargain.

Best of Luck
Old 12-28-2007, 10:48 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by 1stvette@60
Capital One basically gives signature loans based on your credit rating. You do have to put them on the title as a lienholder, but they dont ask any detailed questions about the car you are buying when you apply.
go figure, thansk for the info, I didnt know i paid cash when i bought mine and didnt need to go that rout ein financing
Old 12-28-2007, 11:10 PM
black bat
Pro

There is alot of very good advice here and I hope things turn out well
Old 12-28-2007, 11:21 PM
ValiantSailor
Pro

Originally Posted by blkdevl
from what i understand lets say he has a house/property if you get a judgment against him you can get a lean on his stuff so that if and when he sells it you get your money from the sale of it. i dont think they can force him to sell his stuff and remember if he has a loan on it the bank gets theres first(forclosure). jmho

p.s. i also belive the courts can only seize his property if there are drug selling or making on it?
You need to sue him. Drag his *** to court. When you send a summons he wont respond cause thats what scumbags do. Then you get a summary judgement cause he doesnt show up but what do you have, not much, cause the guy is a scumbag he doesnt own anything. Its an illusion. Lick your wounds and move on.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Cocked and Locked
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I agree with filing charges against this jerk. Good luck on recovering any of your loss here.

Sounds like several of us in here have a brother-in-law like this ***.

Get notified of new replies

To A long......sad story......bring a snack

Old 12-29-2007, 09:30 AM
NMYDNA
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

We're taught to trust and to be trusted. Life experiences teach us the real world. You're a young man and this is one lesson you will never forget. We all in some form go thru this and it's never easy no matter how old you are. Hope insurance helps you out, my guess is this guy has nothing to give and no intention to do so.

Good luck Chris.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:34 PM
04C5comm
Racer

I think I saw this same story on Judge Judy, that really sucks, I hope it works out for you, its too bad when you cant even trust old friends.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Mr. Lau
Pro

Well, i'm no lawyer but I think you've made the right decision. I'm definetly not going to buy a salvage Corvette. Good lucky with everything man! I hope you get what you want!

Quick Reply: A long......sad story......bring a snack