Sponsored by:

GHL Bullet opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 07:14 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by WKMCD
They are considerably louder than stock. The good thing is they are fairly quiet if you can keep your foot out of it - good luck with that.

Sounds like these would be good for me. My dad keeps telling me that Real Men buy B&B Bullets. LOL But I'm leaning towards GHL.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:22 PM
bgreen83
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it depends what heads, cam, headers, and cats you have as well
Old 11-17-2007, 07:40 PM
MrLeadFoot
Melting Slicks

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 91LSMAN
So, for those of you that actually have the GHL Bullet, how much louder is it than stock? I want noticably louder than stock, but not as loud as my Dad's vette with dynatech headers and B&B Bullets
I had GHL Bullets. Definitely louder than stock. Low-frequency rumble that's CLOSE to a muscle car sound, but not quite. My C4 with flowmasters - now THAT was a muscle car.

In any case, there is indeed a slight drone in the low 2000 RPM range, and I have a 2001 MN6/3.42 rear which has more insulation than the earlier years. You don't have to take my word for it. I spoke to GHL themselves before trying them, and they told me that the drone would be there, but I decided to take a chance anyway, because they were the closest to muscle-car-sounding that I could find in a quality exhaust.

The drone bugged me because it was right in the RPM range where I would be cruising. Since I have a stick, I could downshift to get out of the drone-range, but that meant even if I wanted to just cruise I was tach-ing higher.

I ended up selling mine. I did notice one thing, though, when I removed them from the car after two weeks. There is a slight flaw in the design in that there is no way for condensation to come out of the system. Corsa mufflers have weep holes in them and water drains out every morning once you start moving. GHLs retain the water simply due to their design. You wouldn't believe how much water there was in them.

The good side of this is that over time they will no doubt get slightly louder when the baffles start to break up due to the water, which probably makes them sound more and more like a muscle car over time.

If you end up geting some, if you don't want water to build up in them, you might consider drilling your own weep holes. You might want to contact GHL and ask them what spot would be the best spot for that. I'm sure they'll be accommodating because they have excellent customer service, from my experience.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:49 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MrLeadFoot
I had GHL Bullets. Definitely louder than stock. Low-frequency rumble that's CLOSE to a muscle car sound, but not quite. My C4 with flowmasters - now THAT was a muscle car.

In any case, there is indeed a slight drone in the low 2000 RPM range, and I have a 2001 MN6/3.42 rear which has more insulation than the earlier years. You don't have to take my word for it. I spoke to GHL themselves before trying them, and they told me that the drone would be there, but I decided to take a chance anyway, because they were the closest to muscle-car-sounding that I could find in a quality exhaust.

The drone bugged me because it was right in the RPM range where I would be cruising. Since I have a stick, I could downshift to get out of the drone-range, but that meant even if I wanted to just cruise I was tach-ing higher.

I ended up selling mine. I did notice one thing, though, when I removed them from the car after two weeks. There is a slight flaw in the design in that there is no way for condensation to come out of the system. Corsa mufflers have weep holes in them and water drains out every morning once you start moving. GHLs retain the water simply due to their design. You wouldn't believe how much water there was in them.

The good side of this is that over time they will no doubt get slightly louder when the baffles start to break up due to the water, which probably makes them sound more and more like a muscle car over time.

If you end up geting some, if you don't want water to build up in them, you might consider drilling your own weep holes. You might want to contact GHL and ask them what spot would be the best spot for that. I'm sure they'll be accommodating because they have excellent customer service, from my experience.

Thank You For The Information
Old 11-17-2007, 07:58 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

#3-I don't even think that Tbyrne sells the GHL systems.
Correct...

Peace
Chip

Old 11-18-2007, 12:53 AM
rskeller
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is funny that you say TBURNE does not sell BB Bullets because I ordered them from them for a great price, call there and ask for Nicole
Old 11-18-2007, 02:49 AM
Makai2200
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ikester
so is that a typhoon your sitting in? (avatar)
A Typhoon? nope...It's my other toy...'92 full size Blazer 4x4 (6"lift, 35" tires, ZZ4 350 crate motor)
Black with kameleon paint...(see how the colors change from the angle?)

They are considerably louder than stock. The good thing is they are fairly quiet if you can keep your foot out of it - good luck with that.
Anyway...yep...the more ya romp on it..the louder they get...sucks doing the speed limit, but i try to be a law abiding citizen...especially now...i can totally see me getting pulled over now that i have them...the noise directs the cops attention to you...so i romp it thru the gears till i get to the speed limit (which is usually 8 seconds, maybe less depending on the speed limit), then i hit the cruise control...and drive normal

Regarding the B&B Bullets vs. GHL Bullets IMHO I think they are a close tie but GHL's have way less drone. My X had B&B Bullets which seemed WAY louder then mine now (catback only) However...he had longtube headers, X-pipe, cam, injectors and God knows what else in there which altered the sound a tad from just a catback system.

Last edited by Makai2200; 11-18-2007 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:40 AM
Makai2200
Burning Brakes

Default Video sound clips

So, for those of you that actually have the GHL Bullet, how much louder is it than stock? I want noticably louder than stock, but not as loud as my Dad's vette with dynatech headers and B&B Bullets
Here's your stock vs. GHL comparison:

Stock TI Exhaust vs. GHL Bullets

Sounds like these would be good for me. My dad keeps telling me that Real Men buy B&B Bullets. LOL But I'm leaning towards GHL.
Video #1 (Idle) Play these 2 clips for your dad.....

Video #2 (Fly By) ....then ask him, "Who's the man, now?"

***Watch the end of video clips for additional mods & info***
Old 11-18-2007, 07:36 AM
CCA Corvette Parts

Originally Posted by rskeller
It is funny that you say TBURNE does not sell BB Bullets because I ordered them from them for a great price, call there and ask for Nicole

I can't figure out what is so funny? they don't sell GHL Bullets.

Not sure why you are referring to BB Bullets when the OP is asking about GHL systems?

Peace
Chip

Last edited by CCA Corvette Parts; 11-18-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:20 AM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by rskeller
Please actually READ what I have posted. This thread is about GHL Bullets. NOT B&B Bullets. (Although a few have started to compare them, which is good for me. LOL)

Originally Posted by Willfulone

I can't figure out what is so funny? they don't sell GHL Bullets.

Not sure why you are referring to BB Bullets when the OP is asking about GHL systems?

Peace
Chip
Thank You. Someone else understood what I was saying.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:21 AM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Makai2200
Here's your stock vs. GHL comparison:

Stock TI Exhaust vs. GHL Bullets

Video #1 (Idle) Play these 2 clips for your dad.....

Video #2 (Fly By) ....then ask him, "Who's the man, now?"

***Watch the end of video clips for additional mods & info***

I actually did make him listen to all those the other day. LOL

He's just pesting when he says those things.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Makai2200
Burning Brakes

Don't get me wrong...B&B's surely have some aggressive sound

B&B Bullets on pure stock Z06
Video would be way better without the background music
Old 11-18-2007, 09:12 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Just placed my order for the GHL Bullets in the current group buy.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:09 PM
CCA Corvette Parts

Just placed my order for the GHL Bullets in the current group buy.

You are good to go. I just sent you your
confirmation Email.

Peace
Chip
Old 11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Willfulone
You are good to go. I just sent you your
confirmation Email.

Peace