Trunk space transporting rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 07:02 PM
muzikmann
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk space transporting rims

Hello;
I plan to goto Florida tommorrow to pick up a 2000 vert. Does anyone know the trunk dimensions as i planned to stop at oe wheels in Sarasota to purchase some aftermarket rims for my 92 vette. If the top is up will rims fit in the trunk and slide foward where the top normally goes down into the trunk. I live in Canada and the rims are excellent price and not avail up here and shipping alone is $253. The rims i'm purchasing are the zr1 17x11" and 17x9.5". I'm hoping worse case senerio is to stand them up side by side and use some bungies on the trunk. Am i dreaming? Can someone with a c5 vert tell me some dimensions? Thanks for the help.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:52 AM
WBHighwind
Burning Brakes

Well, I have a coupe. Last week end I was able to fit a set of ZR1 wheels in the back while still being able to close the hatch so i would imagine that as long as you don't have any stuff back there, the wheels will just barely fit.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:02 PM
blacksofttop
Instructor

I just measured the trunk in my 2000 vert, and those wheels should fit no problem. The trunk is 38" deep (front to rear) at it's shortest point, 45" wide at it's narrowest point, and 11" high in front of the trunk lid, and 12" high where the trunk lid sits when closed. You should have plenty of room to lay them all down flat.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:34 PM
muzikmann
2nd Gear

Thanks for the info. The fit with the two 9.5" slide foward and the two 11" in the back. Still had romm for 2 backpacks and 18 pak of beer. The trip went great. Flew to Ft Lauderdale tues morning and purchesed the car. Drove to Sarasota and stayed the night. Picked up the rims wensday morning from oe wheels (excellent price) and hit the road. Arrived back in Toronto Thursday by noon. Temp in Sarasota when leaving was 82 F and arrival in Toronto 35 F. I miss summer. Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Trunk space transporting rims

Quick Reply: Trunk space transporting rims