Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unintentionally pissed off a cop.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:24 AM
z06brah
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Unintentionally pissed off a cop.

Ok...first off, what i did was incredibly dumb and childish. I just got back from dropping a friend off at home about 5 minutes away and something i never expected happened.

I was driving down the street and I realized I had to get over to the left lane otherwise I'd be forced to merge right. Well there was this other car beside me. Didn't really pay much attention to it other than the fact that the @$$hol3 driving it wouldn't let me over. So I sped up a bit (not trying to race, just trying to get over) and he ended up speeding up too getting right beside me again. Being the impatient jackass that I am, I down shifted back into 2nd and got in front of him to continue going straight. As soon as I did this, I saw blue and red lights flash behind me. My heart was racing so fast I didn't know what to do. I immediately pulled the car over and grabbed my wallet out.

He comes up to the window and asks for license and registration. Tells me to get out of the car. My friend is like "Oh f**k* the entire time. Walks me over to his car and says "What the hell were you thinking?", "I bet you thought you were real slick". When he sped up to get beside me again he was actually waving at me to slow down and I didn't realize it. Basically I begged and pleaded for mercy and after hearing all of the "your car/license could have been suspended/impounded for wreckless driving" speech, he said "get the hell out of here and don't get yourself killed".

I realize what I did was stupid. I just wanted to share my story with you guys because it only happened about 10 minutes ago. I don't encourage street racing but I do (like almost everyone) get impatient sometimes. That was the most understanding cop I've ever met. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this

edit: sorry if this is in the wrong section. didn't mean to.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:34 AM
clayton1
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, you were lucky

I think we've all done the same thing at one time. ( i know i have, some jerk wont let ya in)
Old 11-06-2007, 01:34 AM
crazyv6
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes it is good to be lucky!
Old 11-06-2007, 01:38 AM
z06brah
Racer

Yeah, I was extremely lucky. He got in his car and took off quick. I don't know what I was thinking.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:39 AM
427CPE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got pulled over by the dog pound police truck one time. He got mad b ecause I passed him. He comes upo to my window and says, "I bet you didn' tthink I could pull you over." It was all I could do to keep from laughing. He was so mad yet let me go. Sometimes we all need a break. Use it wisely.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:43 AM
z06brah
Racer

Originally Posted by 427CPE
I got pulled over by the dog pound police truck one time. He got mad b ecause I passed him. He comes upo to my window and says, "I bet you didn' tthink I could pull you over." It was all I could do to keep from laughing. He was so mad yet let me go. Sometimes we all need a break. Use it wisely.
HAHAHA wow thats hilarious. Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:46 AM
RedRckC5
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometime you never know who is driving. My brother's neighbor is a US marshall and he was on a freeway and some girl was tail gating him. He speeds up to give her room, but she continued to get right on his rear. He slowed down to let her pass, and here she goes like a bat out hell and she did the stupidest thing, she tapped her brake and gave him the finger. He was driving a pick up , so she did'nt know he was LEO. Well, he flip on his lights and pulled her over. I guess she did not know that marshalls can write tickets. BTW, she cried like a baby, but she still got the ticket!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:23 AM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RedRckC5
Sometime you never know who is driving. My brother's neighbor is a US marshall and he was on a freeway and some girl was tail gating him. He speeds up to give her room, but she continued to get right on his rear. He slowed down to let her pass, and here she goes like a bat out hell and she did the stupidest thing, she tapped her brake and gave him the finger. He was driving a pick up , so she did'nt know he was LEO. Well, he flip on his lights and pulled her over. I guess she did not know that marshalls can write tickets. BTW, she cried like a baby, but she still got the ticket!

I liked this story,
I drive 80 miles per day for work and not to sound chauvinistic But, I see more women in the left lane putting on make-up looking at maps or whatever and holding up everyone that is trying to get to work. The best that I've ever seen was a woman putting the finishing touches on her face in the mirror and as I pull along side of her on the right hand side to honk and tell her to move over, I see that she has a book on the steering wheel open.... I almost drove off the road laughing, NO, I didn't honk, what good would that have done? She was in her own world, I guess that between the make-up and the book, she was trying to get a little driving in, I got out of the way........
Old 11-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Junkman2008
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hell, you don't live down the ribbing you get from your friends after being pulled over in your Vette by a bicycle cop. Needless to say, I wasn't speeding...
Old 11-06-2007, 06:24 AM
blkdevl
Burning Brakes

too funny. i did somthing close to that except i pulled out in front of a cop and got on it a bit becouse i didnt see him till i cut him off! no ticket just felt a little retarded
Old 11-06-2007, 07:43 AM
z06Bigbird
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Proud of you for not taking the "American way" and trashing the LEO here.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:00 AM
RedSoxFan
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow, glad you lucked out. Go buy yourself a lottery ticket!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:13 AM
R Devil
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by z06Bigbird
Proud of you for not taking the "American way" and trashing the LEO here.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Zee916
Pro

What did you do that was actually illegal?

Didn't catch it.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:42 AM
k9ulan
Instructor

Originally Posted by RedSoxFan
Old 11-06-2007, 08:50 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,680 Likes on 1,302 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Quit your job and move to Vegas!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:51 AM
71sx
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've learned to take the approach that "if it ain't life or death, I'll be able to make a turn-around somewhere.". Aside from ticket considerations, forcing the issue can get someone wrecked and it just isn't worth it. You might lose a minute or two temporarily changing course but it beats some of the alternatives. In merge situations, if you can't move forward, tap the brake and drop back- don't force the issue unless you're gonna get squished where you are.

Last edited by 71sx; 11-06-2007 at 10:07 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Unintentionally pissed off a cop.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:56 AM
jc-untapped-z06
Racer

I've been real lucky the last two months, Ive been pulled over three times and haven't got a ticket.... I truely don't even go past 3k rpm now
Old 11-06-2007, 09:04 AM
kingcharlie
Instructor

Originally Posted by RedSoxFan
Old 11-06-2007, 09:07 AM
mcgilles
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

lucky day for you! Althought I don't see what you did as being so bad. you didn't see the cop trying to indicate to you to slow down (I'm assuming that he was in an unmarked car, so he should but understanding that not everyone can tell that you're a cop when unmarked) when you are in such a case, needing to merge and someone won't let you in you basically have 2 options, slow down and go behind, or speed up and get in front. depending on traffic you have to decide which is best and make a move to get to where you need to go. I don't know the circumstances, but if other traffic is behind it may be safer to just pass the other car.

Quick Reply: Unintentionally pissed off a cop.