Sponsored by:

Unintentionally pissed off a cop.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:25 AM
z06brah
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blkdevl
too funny. i did somthing close to that except i pulled out in front of a cop and got on it a bit becouse i didnt see him till i cut him off! no ticket just felt a little retarded
yeah thats pretty much how i felt.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:31 AM
z06brah
Racer

Originally Posted by Zee916
What did you do that was actually illegal?

Didn't catch it.
When I was trying to get over, I gunned it to get in front of the guy next to me. As soon as he saw me do that he pulled me over. I had no idea it was a cop. It was just a white crown victoria with dark windows. It was truly an embarrassing moment.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:42 AM
MrEldo
Instructor

Ya, and alotta cops need to attend regularly scheduled refresher courses in "Cop School".
Old 11-06-2007, 01:00 PM
MJD
Safety Car

How do you signal someone to slow down? I always thought the curtious way to do this was to slow down and let the person get over, not speed up and let them worry about traffic behind you.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Got uid0
Le Mans Master

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Steve-C5
Yeah, I was extremely lucky. He got in his car and took off quick. I don't know what I was thinking.
so you cut off an unmarked cop car eh?

lol
Old 11-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,229 Likes on 875 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Steve-C5
When I was trying to get over, I gunned it to get in front of the guy next to me. As soon as he saw me do that he pulled me over. I had no idea it was a cop. It was just a white crown victoria with dark windows. It was truly an embarrassing moment.

The only thing that I am not clear on is how did he signal you to slow down if he had dark windows and why didn't you tell him that ?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:50 PM
leowiz
Burning Brakes

Didn't catch it.
Display of speed, street racing, road rage etc etc are some really expensive and high point offenses. Although in this case its a minor form of "don't mess with me dude. I drive a vette".

And yeah, lucky you !!!
Old 11-06-2007, 03:24 PM
k9ulan
Instructor

I guess I spoke too soon, looks like some of you are just dying to find something wrong in what the LEO did..go figure..
Old 11-06-2007, 03:27 PM
csexton
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad it turned out ok for you. Be careful out there

Chuck
Old 11-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Mr. Azrael
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Didn't catch it.
Re-read the first post. Speeding (which he admits the officer tried to warn him about) and then kicking up the speed another notch and doing an unsafe lane change. Placing them all together could also have earned him a reckless driving citation.

Let me guess, you are just looking for an excuse to bash a LEO?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:34 PM
gimme5
Instructor

The last ticket that I got I went into the whole "I pay my taxes..You work for ME!... Now go and get me a glass of water..." routine.

He didn't think that that was very funny.

So, when I got outta jail...
Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Mr. Azrael
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Junkman2008
Hell, you don't live down the ribbing you get from your friends after being pulled over in your Vette by a bicycle cop. Needless to say, I wasn't speeding...
I have managed 4 traffic stops while walking a foot beat.

One of the cars was a brand new Aston Martin DB9, that a guy was letting this girl he met in a bar test out by getting "sideways" around every corner and run stop signs. Too bad she wanted to do it around one block over and over again... and then got stuck behind a delivery truck who actually stopped for the stop sign.

Needless to say he didn't get any play, I got a DUI arrest; and his car got towed...
Old 11-06-2007, 03:47 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by RedRckC5
Sometime you never know who is driving. My brother's neighbor is a US marshall and he was on a freeway and some girl was tail gating him. He speeds up to give her room, but she continued to get right on his rear. He slowed down to let her pass, and here she goes like a bat out hell and she did the stupidest thing, she tapped her brake and gave him the finger. He was driving a pick up , so she did'nt know he was LEO. Well, he flip on his lights and pulled her over. I guess she did not know that marshalls can write tickets. BTW, she cried like a baby, but she still got the ticket!
Hmmm. A U.S. Federal Marshal writing a state traffic ticket? Traffic violations are, after all, a state matter; not Federal. When did they get the authority to do that? How/why did he even have a ticket book?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:19 PM
MrEldo
Instructor

Let me describe a situation I witnessed several years ago on I-90 in Massachusetts in the Beltchertown area. I was driving in the right lane at the speed limit, in front of me was a single driver in a white Lincoln Mark VIII and he was tailgaiting the car in front of him. When the driver in front increased his speed, the guy in the Lincoln did as well and continued tailgaiting the car in front. The car in front increased his speed to increase the distance between the two and the Lincoln sped up again. This game continued until the flashing blue lights in the Lincoln came on and he pulled the other car over. It was obvious what this SOB was doing - he was tailgaiting lone drivers so that they would contiually speed up to increase the distance between cars and when they finally exceeded 70 mph he pulled them over and gave them a tax er ticket. It's a rotten thing to do. And cops wonder why they have a hard time getting the public to support them at times...
Old 11-06-2007, 04:32 PM
garllo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clayton1
Wow, you were lucky

I think we've all done the same thing at one time. ( i know i have, some jerk wont let ya in)
I was heading up the ramp to enter the interstate( very long curving ramp) as I shifted into second gear I was about to get on it (I have B&B Bullet exhaust) I happened to glance in the rear view mirror and there behind me was a State Trooper. I went back to being good and he drove on by!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:37 PM
mcgilles
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

its sad that a few bad apples can make all leos look dishonest, when we all know that its only a small number.

my girlfriend's brother got caught in a similar situation one day when he went to make a legal pass of an unmarked car (he didn't know it was a cop though) who was driving significantly below the posted speed limit. when the passing zone came up he had enough time, he went into the opposing lane and went to pass the car. when he got next to it the cop started speeding up trapping him in the wrong lane. now of course he could have just hit the brakes and gone back behind him, but I bet that less than 1% of drivers would do such a thing. it looked like it was just a jerk being a jerk, and if you got back behind him he would slow down again. so he kept increasing speed until whatever magic number was reached and the reds and blues came on.

In VA now this kind of thing really is a tax, and it costs us more than ever. Today is election day and I have been listening intently to commercials the candidates have been putting on the air. there's only one position I'm really interested in when I hear such a commercial. screw the school, I don't have any kids. I just want to hear their position on the "abusive driver fees" some say they will get rid of them, some say they will find a way to close the loop hole so that everyone has to pay them (out of state people, illegals, etc) that's the only issue in my mind at the polls to night. I'm voting for whoever says they will eliminate the driver fees.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:42 PM
z06brah
Racer

Originally Posted by Yello95
The only thing that I am not clear on is how did he signal you to slow down if he had dark windows and why didn't you tell him that ?
haha honestly I don't know why I couldn't think of asking him that. I was probably too nervous but now that I think about it that's a great point.

Get notified of new replies

To Unintentionally pissed off a cop.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:46 PM
env00
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You rock dude! No traffic school for you!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:46 PM
mojo1
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15, '19

When I picked my car up from the shop after having the cam installed I nailed in 2nd to about 60 , slowed down and watched the cop up next to me in the other lane, not fun ......
Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 PM
astrolite
Instructor

So why didn't the cop just let him get over? It seemed obvious (from reading, I wasn't there!) that he was just trying to get in to the other lane and the cop sped up to prevent it.

Sounds like an *** to me. I don't care if he was a cop or the president.

Quick Reply: Unintentionally pissed off a cop.