Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on Insurance claim for Walmart battery acid damage.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,229 Likes on 875 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by TrumpVette
Never Never Ever Buy anything from Walmart for your Vette!
..and why is that? I buy tons of stuff from Wallyworld...small stuff for my other cars and Vette...Mobil 1 and other good products. I go late at night and there is noone there and I have a blast...so if you can please tell me why you say to NEVER buy anything for a Corvette from WalMart, I'd appreciate the enlightenment...>>> I'm missing your point?<<<

Last edited by Yello95; 10-27-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by TrumpVette
Never Never Ever Buy anything from Walmart for your Vette!

they sell the exact same items as other stores. Why just not say "never pay less for the same thing" ???
Old 10-27-2007, 05:17 PM
sprk33
2018 Grand Sport
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I dont go to WALLY WORLD for anything in my VETTE! If you have the money to spend on a vette wally world is not a place to go for parts. Thats just my two cents.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:35 PM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by sprk33
I dont go to WALLY WORLD for anything in my VETTE! If you have the money to spend on a vette wally world is not a place to go for parts. Thats just my two cents.

Of course if I needed a unique part I would not go to Wally world. Items like Mobile oil, anti freeze, Stabil, a Schumacher battery tender are available there at (for the most part) lower prices than other places.
It’s close and as long as it is name brand items I will save a few bucks. I pay a “Vette Tax” enough , saving a little at a closer store makes sense to me, but your quoted post does not
Old 10-27-2007, 06:08 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Keep us posted on the results of this battery issue
Old 10-27-2007, 08:42 PM
BT-01-vette
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I was wondering how things were working out and once again, best of luck with your issues. Like I said before, if Wal*Mart did not make the battery which they didn't, they are not going to pay nor would any retailer. The problem with filing a claim is that your insurance company will rip you a new one (hopefully they won't but I'm not holding my breath) but that always seems to be the case.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:59 PM
One Nut
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

optima RED TOP ONLY
Old 10-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,391 Likes on 14,024 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Good luck getting this resolved. Hope they pay off..
Old 10-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Got uid0
Le Mans Master

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Just be up front and tell them you will make it easy.

Cover the claim or you will move insurance companies and you have 5 policies.

What is your deductible on comprehensive?
Old 10-28-2007, 02:45 AM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I have had a few Walmart batteries in my other vehicles and all lasted about 5 years, even the $39.95 batteries. However ALL of them were top post batteries. If you buy a side post battery, make certain that it is of a newer design (say, 2004 and newer). I know that the AC Delco Professional batteries and Exide's Marathon batteries have strengthened cases to prevent any cracking at the terminal post areas, due to side loading by the cables.
There's nothing wrong with using lead-acid if you choose judiciously. This way, you can save big bucks over an overpriced Optima or Sears Platinum.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:41 AM
Delta3-2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C908
I ....filed a claim for the acid damage caused by my Walmart battery.
With all the independent car shops out there SPECIALIZING in automotive products, WHY would you buy one of the most important components for your beloved Corvette at China-Mart ?

Oh...I know....to SAVE a buck ! I wonder how many MORE Americans you contribute to putting out of work, with your patronizing of China-Mart ? Then you want to screw other State Farm policy holders by filing an illegitimate claim against State Farm. Why aren't you going after your beloved China-Mart who sold you your, most likely, "Made In China" battery, or Pakistan, or Mexico, or wherever else it came from outside of this country ?

Last year this country had a trade imbalance with Communist China of more than $232,000,000,000.00 ! This year through August it was already $167,000,000,000.00. The American dollar is at it's lowest point in more than 30 years. But hey....it "makes sense" to save a buck at China-Mart. Gee, you pay enough "Corvette tax" as it is, right ? Screw the independent vendor down the street who is trying to earn a living and pay his taxes so that Americans who shop at China-Mart can get a child tax credit on April 15th.

Well...you GET what you PAY for ! Although this should be a lesson to you it most likely will not be. You'll continue shopping at China-Mart to save a buck, and China-Mart will continue to cut the throat of local vendors and businesses because of tightwads like you.

As you can tell, I have NO sympathy for you. None.

DG

Last edited by Delta3-2; 10-28-2007 at 04:35 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:58 AM
Delta3-2
Burning Brakes

Default I Agree With You !

Originally Posted by sprk33

The country is going down the economic crapper and Americans shopping at China-Mart are cutting their own economic throats. But, "hey, I saved a buck". Sadly this short-sighted economic mentality is indicative of the cranial-rectal attitude most Americans have toward their own economic well-being.

One gets what they pay for !

DG
Old 10-28-2007, 04:27 AM
Delta3-2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury

they sell the exact same items as other stores. Why just not say "never pay less for the same thing" ???
Because you arent' always PAYING less, that's why ! You're also buying junk. The "tightwad" mentality of Americans shopping at China-Mart is economic suicide. If one can get past seeing the few pennies they save at China-Mart, they would understand that support of this economic giant is the abdication of your own economic independence.

Hell, one can't even clothe themselves with clothing made in this country. Why ? Because the crap is all coming from Communist China and many Americans such as yourself are happy to save a few pennies buying foreign products while you cut your own throat. But, what the hell....you saved a few pennies or a buck, right ?

Once China-Mart and the "free-traders" have totally eliminated any threat of domestic products challenging their products, you'll see China-Mart's prices start to go up and up and up. In fact, it's happening now as the dollar is being decimated.

But, hey, you "pay less" at China-Mart !

DG

Last edited by Delta3-2; 10-28-2007 at 04:46 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:44 AM
Delta3-2
Burning Brakes

Default You're Kidding Right ?

Originally Posted by knowledgefreak
Just be up front and tell them you will make it easy.

Cover the claim or you will move insurance companies and you have 5 policies.

What is your deductible on comprehensive?
Your policy(ies) equating to a few thousand bucks a year to the insurance company doesn't mean squat to State Farm or the agent. If you threaten the agent with cancellation of your policy he won't lose any sleep over your idle, meaningless threat. The money he's earning from one's car policy is beer money to him.

But....hey, you can "save" money shopping at China-Mart !

DG
Old 10-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta3-2
Because you arent' always PAYING less, that's why ! You're also buying junk. The "tightwad" mentality of Americans shopping at China-Mart is economic suicide.

(blah... blah... "pro union" ...blah) any threat of domestic products challenging their products, you'll see China-Mart's prices start to go up and up and up. In fact, it's happening now as the dollar is being decimated.

(blah... blah... blah "brainwashed by my union" blah)
the dollar thing is a trend - that is predicted every year at this time.

'Cept the source for your info (ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN) leaves that part out. All the doom and gloom you predicted won't happen... nor won't be mentioned two months from now.

you're getting all upset over nothing. Break away from the political financial types - and you'll see a completely different outlook.

To not purchase the exact same product at Walmart for less... is saying "please pay more elsewhere".

Sorry; you're Jedi mind tricks won't work here on CF.

Last edited by Mike Mercury; 10-28-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:39 AM
HERK
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

With all the independent car shops out there SPECIALIZING in automotive products, WHY would you buy one of the most important components for your beloved Corvette at China-Mart ?

Oh...I know....to SAVE a buck ! I wonder how many MORE Americans you contribute to putting out of work, with your patronizing of China-Mart ? Then you want to screw other State Farm policy holders by filing an illegitimate claim against State Farm. Why aren't you going after your beloved China-Mart who sold you your, most likely, "Made In China" battery, or Pakistan, or Mexico, or wherever else it came from outside of this country ?

Last year this country had a trade imbalance with Communist China of more than $232,000,000,000.00 ! This year through August it was already $167,000,000,000.00. The American dollar is at it's lowest point in more than 30 years. But hey....it "makes sense" to save a buck at China-Mart. Gee, you pay enough "Corvette tax" as it is, right ? Screw the independent vendor down the street who is trying to earn a living and pay his taxes so that Americans who shop at China-Mart can get a child tax credit on April 15th.

Well...you GET what you PAY for ! Although this should be a lesson to you it most likely will not be. You'll continue shopping at China-Mart to save a buck, and China-Mart will continue to cut the throat of local vendors and businesses because of tightwads like you.

DG
Well said.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:11 PM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DefenderC5
Hopefully State farm isn't adhering to the current policy of most insurance carriers (All State is one that does this): Deny, Delay, Delay...wait for you to sue them, then pay out.
Actually it's deny, delay, don't pay!

Get notified of new replies

To Update on Insurance claim for Walmart battery acid damage.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:19 PM
OutKlast
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts

DG

The value of the dollar is purposely being lowered to improve our trade imbalance. International trade is what has made us such a successful country. If you want to look at countries that block trade and only produce in country just look at Russia when it was under communist rule. What a great success communist Russia turned out to be...

And FYI the OP is/was suing Walmart.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Bob CTS
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Yello95
I would go after the battery manufacturer...its their product and their responsibility for their product. I don't think its WalMarts fault or responsibility since the battery manufacturer offers a warranty on their battery.Good Luck
.02 registered
I believe the same, WalMart did not manufacture it. Good luck.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:57 PM
mixermike
Burning Brakes

DG
very well said i would not even drive into a walmart parking lot.walmart-the home of cheap plastic ****!

Quick Reply: Update on Insurance claim for Walmart battery acid damage.